Autopsy Former Richmond coach reveals the story behind why the Tigers didn't pick Matthew Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno that that's entirely true. It was reported at the time that everyone knew Trengrove and Scully were going at 1 and 2 (there was some speculation over who Melb would allow to be #1), but there were probably also legit concerns regarding Dusty's character from the superficial things recruiters knew.
And let's face it Dusty was not the hard working angel he is now early days. Remember him "sleeping in" and missing training? Dan Conner got the arse. I'd say Dusty was on a last warning.

Hi Tiges, if anyone has an hour to spare, watch this.
The Brady 6. Amazing storey of how some recruiters get it so wrong and others so right. Makes supporters of clubs who've had their fair share of draft 'misses' feel a bit better.

To be fair Ezra Poyas was a very dominant player at junior level. Sometimes they just don’t work out and why character and attitude is taken so much into account now. I suspect like Fiora, Poyas would love his time over again. I distinctly remember him being pulled aside early doors by senior blokes about getting ahead of himself and he seemed to just go into his shell and lack confidence, a situation that would be handled much differently these days.
I also remember being at a family day once very early in Fioras career and senior blokes were belittling him and openly putting s**t on him for being dumb etc in front of everyone and he looked shattered. Often wonder about our culture back in those days, admittedly a much different time though.
Can you imagine Trent Cotchin allowing that s**t to fly?

Spot on. Stamp out the meathead-jock-bullying-bullcrap, and your players play for each other and you're on your way to a Premiership. Maybe that's what makes a bad draft for others a great draft for some.

To be fair Ezra Poyas was a very dominant player at junior level. Sometimes they just don’t work out and why character and attitude is taken so much into account now. I suspect like Fiora, Poyas would love his time over again. I distinctly remember him being pulled aside early doors by senior blokes about getting ahead of himself and he seemed to just go into his shell and lack confidence, a situation that would be handled much differently these days.
I also remember being at a family day once very early in Fioras career and senior blokes were belittling him and openly putting s**t on him for being dumb etc in front of everyone and he looked shattered. Often wonder about our culture back in those days, admittedly a much different time though.
Can you imagine Trent Cotchin allowing that s**t to fly?

I’ve never heard great things about Wayne Campbell’s captaincy, Brad Ottens couldn’t cut and run fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never heard great things about Wayne Campbell’s captaincy, Brad Ottens couldn’t cut and run fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well Cambo is doing great things at GWS now, look a how they are flying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back