Formula One - Round 8 Austria (9th July)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
After what was an amazing race last time in Baku, we remain in Europe for the Austrain Grand Prix around the Red Bull Ring. Despite the fact its named after Red Bull, this is not a track that usually suits them and is fairly quick with the best time in FP2 a 1:05:483 from Hamilton. I wonder how close to the 1 minute mark drivers will get.

Hamilton and Vettel have made up and moved on from their incident in Baku, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was still some resentment from both drivers towards each other. Last year Hamilton took pole position, and then tangled with Rosberg on the last corner in one of many fiery moments with the German.

Hamilton has a 5 place grid penalty for a gearbox change, meaning that he will likely have some overtaking to do on race day if he wants to reduce the gap to Vettel.

In the development race, it seems as though Mercedes has seemingly gone ahead of Ferrari on raw pace, whilst Red Bull has reduced the gap between them and Ferrari and cemented themselves as third best. Force India are one to keep an eye on this weekend, as they probably could have had a double podium if it wasn't for the crash in Baku between Ocon and Perez

The race is 71 laps, with the fastest tyre options (Ultra, Super, Soft) available to drivers. Race time is standard European time of 10PM EST (8PM WST)

The commentators can show some excitment for the viewers when Hamilton is not on pole.
To be fair, the yellow flag did kind of bring things to a bit of a halt.

One good thing about Hamilton not getting pole today, is now he doesn't have the chance to equal Schumachers pole record at Silverstone. The Sky lot would have been absolutely unbearable if he had equaled the record at Silverstone

Hoping Valtteri has a better day than last time he was on pole. The run up the hill to turn 3 (really it's turn 2) on the opening lap could leave whoever gets into turn 1 first a sitting duck though.

Ah Natalie Pinkham, how I've missed you
Is she wearing dirndls again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back