Formula One - Round 8 Austria (9th July)

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is ADR sitting in the drivers standings at the minute?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannot believe Max's luck - although, if he didn't have the problem getting off the line, he wouldn't have been hit.

Kyvat is an absolute joke. Can't believe Horner was trying to play that down. Came through way too hot on the inside and took out 2 other drivers. Just another boneheaded bit of driving from him.

I know everyone dislikes Hamilton but I hate Vettel far more so I'm disappointed the lead in the championship was extended again.

Max is going through one of those character building years, it will either make him a champion or wreck his head for good.

Gee Valteri is boring !!! Such a great drive by him mind you, and Seb whinging again is fun to see. Fantastic effort by ADR too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max is going through one of those character building years, it will either make him a champion or wreck his head for good.

Gee Valteri is boring !!! Such a great drive by him mind you, and Seb whinging again is fun to see. Fantastic effort by ADR too.

Must be a red Bull thing. Dan had bad luck in his second year too. Webber most years.

Formula One racing's governing body the FIA say that the incremental movement eventual race winner Valtteri Bottas made a split second before the lights went out in Austria was within the permitted tolerances of the system they have used with extreme accuracy for two decades.

So he did move before the lights went out, I was thinking Vettel was just being silly last night, but if the computer shows he moved, then he should have been penalised.

So the rule states you can't anticipate the lights, rather react to them once they're out ??

Stupid rule if so

So the rule states you can't anticipate the lights, rather react to them once they're out ??

Stupid rule if so
Yes and yes to it being a stupid rule.

As if every driver doesn't anticipate the lights going out anyway. It's human nature to do just that. I have no problem with it as long as he didn't move before the last light extinguished. If he did, it should be a penalty.

The whole point should be to anticipate it, not to have to wait. Sooky Seb is really having issues controlling his emotions.

I don't know if I agree with you guys. The whole point of having a random holding time before the lights go out is to challenge their reactions (which is obviously a key skill in a driver), not whether they're lucky enough to anticipate correctly.

In Olympic sprinting you get DQ'd if you leave the blocks within 0.1 of the gun going, because it isn't humanly possible to process and react to sound that quickly.

I don't know if I agree with you guys. The whole point of having a random holding time before the lights go out is to challenge their reactions (which is obviously a key skill in a driver), not whether they're lucky enough to anticipate correctly.

In Olympic sprinting you get DQ'd if you leave the blocks within 0.1 of the gun going, because it isn't humanly possible to process and react to sound that quickly.
That's a fair point actually, except Bottas wasn't that fast. I still think anticipation is fair, if you miss you pay the penalty.

As for the whinging, Dan got over it quick but Vettel just went on and on.

That's a fair point actually, except Bottas wasn't that fast. I still think anticipation is fair, if you miss you pay the penalty.

As for the whinging, Dan got over it quick but Vettel just went on and on.
I debate the timing of 0.2, it looked a lot faster than that.

I debate the timing of 0.2, it looked a lot faster than that.
I agree, looks a lot closer if you watch the frame by frame replay.....

Stolen from a post on Whirlpool about it

1 frame on TV is about .04 of a second. Considering they couldn't separate the lights going out and him rolling forward, then his "reaction" had to be around .04 to .08 of a second at most, not the .20 they thought.

EDIT: BTW, seen link to a site where you can test your reaction time against Bottas :p
https://f1-start.glitch.me/

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back