Four Corners - Predators at St Kevin’s

Remove this Banner Ad

From a letter sent from the Director of the EREA (who manage the school)

Mr Stephen Russell has resigned from his role as Headmaster of St Kevin’s, effective immediately

I am announcing the immediate appointment of Mr John Crowley, currently Principal of St Patrick’s College Ballarat, as the Acting Headmaster of St Kevin’s College for 2020.

John is a very experienced Principal and acknowledged leader in Catholic education. He has extensive experience in educating boys and places a very high emphasis on the academic, wellbeing and spiritual development of students. He is very highly regarded in the educational and broader community for his leadership.

John is also well known as a trusted advocate for victims and survivors of abuse and was a significant contributor to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. John has our full confidence and will be strongly supported in his work of both responding to the challenges that have recently been raised for the College and ensuring that the academic, wellbeing and spiritual care of the students remain a priority.

Luke Travers has been formally stood down from the College pending further investigations of issues raised during the Four Corners program.

Bloke's sick in the head

It's all the ABC's fault :drunk:

Can someone tell that flog Bolt that one doesn't "hit on a child" they groom and prey on them.
FFS.

Last edited:
Can someone tell that flog Bolt that one doesn't "hit on a child" the groom and prey on them.
FFS.
Inb4 the inevitable " If anyone was offended " " apology "

Bloke's sick in the head

It's all the ABC's fault :drunk:

Grooming for underaged sex is just "hitting on him".

Bolt needs to be shown the door, left to wallow on YouTube with the rest of the freaks.

Grooming for underaged sex is just "hitting on him".

Bolt needs to be shown the door, left to wallow on YouTube with the rest of the freaks.

Defending child abuse is a pattern of behaviour now. If he worked for anyone but Murdoch his positions would be untenable.

From a letter sent from the Director of the EREA (who manage the school)
An encouraging response. Particularly the last two paras. Seems like the movers-n-shakers have heard the message. Not that they had much choice.

sYnHe3a.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The religious school I went to has had a few teachers nabbed for child exploitation crimes in the time since I left, I hope firstly that the staff caught with content on their devices were reported to the police and not just moved on quietly and that it isn't that prevalent across the community.

An encouraging response. Particularly the last two paras. Seems like the movers-n-shakers have heard the message. Not that they had much choice.

sYnHe3a.jpg
The new headmaster from Ballarat should have a ton of experience in dealing with child abuse allegations.

Could go well, or very badly.

The religious school I went to has had a few teachers nabbed for child exploitation crimes in the time since I left, I hope firstly that the staff caught with content on their devices were reported to the police and not just moved on quietly and that it isn't that prevalent across the community.
The one at our Catholic school would ask girls to sit on his lap, and go around at the end of year 12 asking girls for their contact details "to stay in touch in the future".

He was ignored until he was caught with pictures of himself naked with kids.

Then it was "A snake in our garden! Oh woe is us! How were we to know?"

The Catholic church should be basically shut down in this country.

The one at our Catholic school would ask girls to sit on his lap, and go around at the end of year 12 asking girls for their contact details "to stay in touch in the future".

He was ignored until he was caught with pictures of himself naked with kids.

Then it was "A snake in our garden! Oh woe is us! How were we to know?"

The Catholic church should be basically shut down in this country.

I'd be curious to see figures on percentages of "snakes" in institutions with access to children before dropping a house on just the Catholics.

I figure that people inclined to seek out access would be drawn to those institutions and then the prevalence of the institution within the community could lead to crimes of opportunity to compound those '1st degree' predators.

I'd be curious to see figures on percentages of "snakes" in institutions with access to children before dropping a house on just the Catholics.

I figure that people inclined to seek out access would be drawn to those institutions and then the prevalence of the institution within the community could lead to crimes of opportunity to compound those '1st degree' predators.
Purely observationally, seems less prevalent in co-ed schools.

I didn't say they were the only mob that should be shut down. But they are one I have experience with and whose house is definitely not in order.

Yep. Catholic Church is a disgrace, but this is something that seems to have been prevalent in institutions in general. Anywhere people have power over kids, there unfortunately seems to be people who like to take advantage of them, e.g. foster care and children's homes in the past. People who do this should be put down. These kids never recover, they tend to die or go to prison.

Catholic institutions were far and away the biggest offenders in the statistics released by the Royal Commission. In fact, they had more reports than every other religious denomination combined.

I can't go into detail, but they are responsible for more instances of institutional abuse than all non-religious institutions combined.

Catholic institutions were far and away the biggest offenders in the statistics released by the Royal Commission. In fact, they had more reports than every other religious denomination combined.

I can't go into detail, but they are responsible for more instances of institutional abuse than all non-religious institutions combined.
Does it break it down on a per child basis?

I'm sorry, I'm rushing out the door to practice with the princess so I can't look into it but I worry that raw numbers will look higher for something with far more interactions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back