Fox Footy Camera Crews

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I suppose the camera work is bad but that is the LEAST of my concerns right now.

Regardless of the result, the coverage was terrible!! You'd think as a commentator you would prepare a bit better for a game. e.g how to pronounce players names correctly, at least have a football record in front of you so you can check how many games a player has played.

Terrible camera angles and selection of what footage to broadcast.

Also, while I'm complaining, if programming is all about TV rights and viewing, why do they start games at Subiaco around 2pm when the lighting for television is so bad. Why not start later when the game will look better on TV.

Crow Chick said:
Regardless of the result, the coverage was terrible!! You'd think as a commentator you would prepare a bit better for a game. e.g how to pronounce players names correctly, at least have a football record in front of you so you can check how many games a player has played.

Terrible camera angles and selection of what footage to broadcast.

Also, while I'm complaining, if programming is all about TV rights and viewing, why do they start games at Subiaco around 2pm when the lighting for television is so bad. Why not start later when the game will look better on TV.
I think if they started games any later at Subiaco they would clash with the Saturday night games in the eastern states. The game just finished and in 40 minutes tonight's games are going to start.
Also, apparently Gossage (the goose who was adamant that Ben Hart hadn't played 300 games) was actually talking about Drew Banfield. Apparently. That's their story and they're sticking to it anyway.

Vic Crow said:
I think if they started games any later at Subiaco they would clash with the Saturday night games in the eastern states. The game just finished and in 40 minutes tonight's games are going to start.
Also, apparently Gossage (the goose who was adamant that Ben Hart hadn't played 300 games) was actually talking about Drew Banfield. Apparently. That's their story and they're sticking to it anyway.

Does Gossage give you the ****es. He certainly gives them to me.

The commentary team was constantly talking about what the Eagles needed to do even when the result was beyond doubt.

And yes, Gossage is a tosser. Don't tell Eagles supporters though. They'll swear black and blue that he's a Saints supporter. That's how much of an embarrassment he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vic Crow said:
Gossage (the goose who was adamant that Ben Hart hadn't played 300 games)

How woefully inept was that.

I mean, it's one thing to have a milestone sneak up on you or pass you by, but to sarcastically challenge Peter Wilson on it was just juvenile.

Vic Crow said:
dyertribe said:
How woefully inept was that.

I mean, it's one thing to have a milestone sneak up on you or pass you by, but to sarcastically challenge Peter Wilson on it was just juvenile.
Are you guys suggesting that Jason Bennett was just searching for a cheap way to let Gossage off the hook? :D

Can't say the camerawork really bothered me today. With the possible exception of the Armstrong goal. But I think that had more to do with Subiaco's awful light/shade contrast.

Vic Crow said:

That's crap, and we all know it. The half-wit was talking about Benny alright.

Who in hell is this Gossage anyway, and what's his claim to fame (apart from obviously having had a lobotomy)?? Does he have a claim to fame?? :confused:

macca23 said:
That's crap, and we all know it. The half-wit was talking about Benny alright.

Who in hell is this Gossage anyway, and what's his claim to fame (apart from obviously having had a lobotomy)?? Does he have a claim to fame?? :confused:

Just a geek with an annoying voice who barracks hard for West Coast and Fremantle whenever he calls their games but according to Eagles supporters, he barracks for the Saints (yeah right).

Fox footy do not have camera crews, it is done by global who also do the channel 10 games and one of the channel 9 Sunday games. They are particularly bad in Sydney where I'm sure the producers/camera crews are still getting use to the sport of Australian football.

jmorg1 said:
Just a geek with an annoying voice who barracks hard for West Coast and Fremantle whenever he calls their games but according to Eagles supporters, he barracks for the Saints (yeah right).
He does barrick for the Saints, and dont you dare try and associate the ****** with WC!

Honestly, if he was an Eagles supporter you would think he would remember that Hart played his 300th game against us in round 2. I remember, and I don't get paid to know such things! Dont buy the "thought he was talking about Banfield" crap either.

The camera work and coverage of that game was woeful. Didn't follow the play, zoomed in and out, and where were the replays? Usually you get replays of goals, free kicks etc but apparently Fox does it their own way!
It was crap.

West Coast 06 said:
He does barrick for the Saints, and dont you dare try and associate the ****** with WC!

See what I mean?

It's always the Eagles supporters insisting till they're blue in the face that he's a Saints supporter when every other neutral observer can see how biased he is when he calls the WA games.

The commentary would have been better if they'd had a mike in my lounge room.

"F*%&K!!! A flat footed handball to a flat footed receiver is NOT the f&$*#ing way to clear it from half back!!! oh F&$*#K!!! SEE? Turnover, goal! Oh, F&#*K!" :eek:

One of the worst bits for mine was when Basset got caught with the ball early in the game. No prior opportunity, arms pinned to his sides, and the commentators are saying "nine times out of ten that'd be a free kick". :rolleyes:

Paralowiepower said:
Fox footy do not have camera crews, it is done by global who also do the channel 10 games and one of the channel 9 Sunday games. They are particularly bad in Sydney where I'm sure the producers/camera crews are still getting use to the sport of Australian football.
That's outsourcing for you :) The AFL are going to have to work out one day that Foxtel is always going to struggle for $, Pay TV just isn't viable in Australia and the coverage is always going to be shoestring and second rate. Foxtel can offer quantity but never quality. Which is to say, the AFL needs to realise that $780 million is as good as it gets, they're never going to get that sort of $ out of television again.

jmorg1 said:
See what I mean?

It's always the Eagles supporters insisting till they're blue in the face that he's a Saints supporter when every other neutral observer can see how biased he is when he calls the WA games.

That's because every interstater believes he does, and we would like to take the opportunity to correct them.

If you had ever had the misfortune to watch his gay little show "The Western Front" you would have seen him wear a Saints scarf.

Please don't confuse "bias" with "incompetence".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back