Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s the ads where I reckon they’ve betrayed their audience at a point in time. I remember it was one of the selling points (ie no ads) and then they just started introducing them. Very dishonest. Mind you I’m talking 18 years ago.

It’s the ads where I reckon they’ve betrayed their audience at a point in time. I remember it was one of the selling points (ie no ads) and then they just started introducing them. Very dishonest. Mind you I’m talking 18 years ago.

At least they dont play them during Afl

Pay TV wasn't allowed to advertise in its first couple of years. I guess it was aimed at protecting existing networks for a little while longer.

I used to call and complain/ threaten to leave for the discount, they called my bluff once but you can undo that cancellation before it goes through by calling them back later.

Only problem is now for me was that when they changed the channels in the packages a couple years ago they gave some existing customers all channels excluding movies and box sets. So now I'm concerned if i complain ill go onto a normal package deal and lose a bunch of channels.

Was that with someone from overseas?
1st level help is OS and they cannot do anything with price. Just tell them you want to cancel because you think its expensive..even though they will ask you what you like watching and what's coming. They will process your request to cancel and might then and there put you through to the Melbourne based call centre where a helpful person will do you a deal. If not that team will call you later to retain the business.

If they call your bluff you can always cancel the cancellation

1st level help is OS and they cannot do anything with price. Just tell them you want to cancel because you think its expensive..even though they will ask you what you like watching and what's coming. They will process your request to cancel and might then and there put you through to the Melbourne based call centre where a helpful person will do you a deal. If not that team will call you later to retain the business.

If they call your bluff you can always cancel the cancellation
yeah you need to get through to retentions first

"Foxtel executives crunching the numbers on standalone Fox Sports streaming service"

Foxtel is exploring a direct-to-consumer Fox Sports streaming service in an attempt to bring in new subscribers unwilling to stump up for its traditional pay television packages.

Sources said new Foxtel chief executive Patrick Delany has been keen on a Fox Sports over-the-top (OTT) product extending back to his time running the subscription sports channel.

http://www.afr.com/business/media-a...-fox-sports-streaming-service-20180325-h0xxd0

Also another article: http://www.afr.com/business/media-a...-pay-tv-giant-in-the-longterm-20180403-h0y9tq

you get that at home with the commentators though
Its frustrating having Foxtel for the footy only to get 7s commentators. FFS I may as well go the FTA.

I have Foxtel for the sports, someone mentioned a usage screen , mine would be 98% sports. I dont watch Fox Footy for Robbo or the Bounce , I flick between the games not on FTA.

The main reason right now for me are the 2 ESPN stations. I should really look into the ESPN app and $$ pricing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually another point that irritates me , I have basics + sports so I'm not some rich random that mean anything in the scheme of Foxtels bottom line, but why do I have to pay extra for Foxtel Now? I have a Foxtel subscription but I download the app and it tells me I cant access it even with my password

Actually another point that irritates me , I have basics + sports so I'm not some rich random that mean anything in the scheme of Foxtels bottom line, but why do I have to pay extra for Foxtel Now? I have a Foxtel subscription but I download the app and it tells me I cant access it even with my password

Same reason that if you have cable you can’t stick a satellite dish on your roof and run that as well. Foxtel Now is just the streaming version of Foxtel. Each have their pros and cons...ie. with Now you can access on more than one device, but can’t record or get Main Event. BTW, I’m not saying I syupport their models, just explaining the logic behind it.

Its frustrating having Foxtel for the footy only to get 7s commentators. FFS I may as well go the FTA.

I have Foxtel for the sports, someone mentioned a usage screen , mine would be 98% sports. I dont watch Fox Footy for Robbo or the Bounce , I flick between the games not on FTA.

The main reason right now for me are the 2 ESPN stations. I should really look into the ESPN app and $$ pricing.

HD for Footy is the go.

You should be able to get Foxtel Play (or maybe its just called foxtel now?) though. Either way there is 3 apps, Foxtel Now, the paid streaming service, my Foxtel, which is basic account control and setting up recording remotely and Foxtel (play?). That last one will allow you to stream from the channels you have in your package.

You should be able to get Foxtel Play (or maybe its just called foxtel now?) though. Either way there is 3 apps, Foxtel Now, the paid streaming service, my Foxtel, which is basic account control and setting up recording remotely and Foxtel (play?). That last one will allow you to stream from the channels you have in your package.
Yeah its kinda confusing having all 3. My issue is mostly the ability to cast to my chromecast. I can do that with Now I cant with play. Second tv bog standard using it as a shed tv

I want to keep it for football and F1. But I’m going to call and say I want out and see if I’ll grt it cheaper. Only problem is if they just say ok and disconnect it. Can I call their bluff ?
I just rang 1 hour ago and said 'disconnect' foxtel. Asks what I watched and I say "only footy and the odd doco" and she goes "we can offer 12 months of basic + sport + HD for $39 month. So $49 with your docos."

Really could have dropped them but thought **** it getting a better deal than last time anyway and even though there's a million repeats I actually still use it.

Do it and stay firm don't talk to the Indians you get first up make sure they put you through to the disconnections team based in Australia, then you'll be offered something. I keep doing it.
The one I rang then was Indian and sounded overseas but then got a better deal than I really expected..

I had paid full price for 1 month in between, not sure that makes any difference.

So annoying how Foxtel Now is a minute or two behind in their footy telecasts. Especially when I like to post in the game day threads. I always know what is going to happen.

Telstra deal is meh....started off good a few years back but I think it has crept back to par with what Foxtel offers.

Need to check.

Anywho our IQ2 was playing up last January and I start to see all these free IQ3 ads for new customers.

So I ring.

'Certainly can upgrade you. That will be $140'

'Yeh nar. Long term customer you can do it better surely?'

Comes back 5 minutes later and says yes you can have it but you will pay courier cost.

Took IQ2 back to Post Office thinking I was the first to return box.

Nope...everyday said the PO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back