thegreig

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2010
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars BBL
I've noticed lately that Hawthorn has been getting a lot of free advertisement.

First there was shane crawford on the celebrity apprentice and the super coach adds (not to mention his kids clothing line Kiniki that has had a few articles in the paper)

Robert DiPierdomenico on the new TV show Excess Baggage.

And the new Foxtel add featuring Buddy, with a snippet of jason dunstall and dermott brereton at the end.

Good to see the brown and gold all over the TV and paper! Hopefully there's more to come.

We have been getting a pretty good run in the HUN recently.

The Hawthorn media managers are certainly doing their job.

We have been getting a pretty good run in the HUN recently.

The Hawthorn media managers are certainly doing their job.

definatily are, well done to them.

Also realised that buddy is in the new powerade add and there was an articale in the sun today featuring sean burgoyne and the captain of the melbourne storm

Saw this today. Not liking it too much, I prefer we fly under the radar.

That used to be our culture and we paid for it in members. We wanna be one of the 'big four' we have to put ourselves out there and get the exposure we need to attract supporters.

That used to be our culture and we paid for it in members. We wanna be one of the 'big four' we have to put ourselves out there and get the exposure we need to attract supporters.

I know what you're saying, and I agree, but I never want Hawthorn to aspire to be in the make believe world of the "big 4".
I'd much rather we just continue down our own path of successful management of the club without thinking the world owes us something.

I know what you're saying, and I agree, but I never want Hawthorn to aspire to be in the make believe world of the "big 4".
I'd much rather we just continue down our own path of successful management of the club without thinking the world owes us something.

hear hear. The so-called 'big 4' dates back to the 'VFL' and doesnt have any relevance now. If anything, there is now a 'big 2' in Victoria, and we are well and truly in it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the good media coverage continues,last week Hawthorn received good coverage on their 3 day community camp in Tassie,every day there big articles about the Hawks and the good work they were doing for the communities and the under-privilage people.

In todays Sunday Sun there is a big spread about Roughy and the Hawks when they went up to the top end in Katherine
and the surrounding communities in NT.

I reckon we actually seem to be getting more media coverage than Collingwood ,which can only be a good thing in advertising the Hawthorn brand and hopefully gaining more members.

I reckon that there might be a few clubs very jealous of the media coverage that Hawthorn seem to be getting...but then we are blessed with some of the best players going around in the AFL plus we are seen as a strong and exciting power club of the AFL.

Now where are all these Richmond supporters that maintain they are one of the top four clubs :D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back