News Hawthorn in the media 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don’t bring Barrett’s sliding doors rubbish here. That’s not the Hawthorn footy club in the media.

That’s a desperate article, trying to get clicks every week.

A few years ago, when he was On The Couch on Fox Footy, Dunstall said he rated Sam Mitchell as the all-time No.2 Hawk, next only to Lethal.
It’s a strong field but the choice of lethal Hudson dunstall tuck is hard to argue with. As enjoyable as 2013-15 was and maybe this has some age bias but it didn’t hold a candle to growing up as a kid 8-16 during the 1983-1991 era. And their records when you review them are out of this world.

Last edited:
It’s a strong field but the choice of lethal Hudson dunstall tuck is hard to argue with. As enjoyable as 2013-15 was and maybe this has some age bias but it didn’t hold a candle to growing up as a kid 8-16 during the 1993-1991 era. And their records when you review them are out of this world.
Tucky was from my era.
I've met him, he's a ripping bloke,
His durability was special, but there is no way he was better than Sam, who was always externally underrated.

Five Crimmins medals to zero says it all.

Tucky was from my era.
His durability was special, but there is no way he was better than Sam, who was always externally underrated.

If memory serves me right, Dunstall said something similar to justify his rating, upon being questioned about it by the others on the couch - don't recall who they were but assuming Healy was one of them.

Underrated flick
Sorry, I have to disagree. It’s rated highly by pretty much everyone. In fact I think it’s rated by most to be a cinema classic. 94% on rotten tomatoes. Pretty much universally loved.

Yes, I’m being extremely pedantic and I welcome any well deserved criticism coming my way. Ultimately I get your sentiment Hedgefund. Great film.

Sorry, I have to disagree. It’s rated highly by pretty much everyone. In fact I think it’s rated by most to be a cinema classic. 94% on rotten tomatoes. Pretty much universally loved.

Yes, I’m being extremely pedantic and I welcome any well deserved criticism coming my way. Ultimately I get your sentiment Hedgefund. Great film.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have to diagree. It’s rated highly with pretty much anyone I know. In fact I think it’s rated by most to be a cinema classic. 94% on rotten tomatoes. Pretty much universally loved.

Sorry, I have to diagree. It’s rated highly with pretty much anyone I know. In fact I think it’s rated by most to be a cinema classic. 94% on rotten tomatoes. Pretty much universally loved.

Say that again 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucky was from my era.

No it doesn’t that’s overly simplistic.
Tuck finished runner up in the BnF 7 times. 6 second places to Lethal. Want to rethink your assessment now? If not for the best player of all time Tuck wins 6 BnFs. Has 7 flags 4 as captain and played 426 games. An absolute legend of our club.

A few years ago, when he was On The Couch on Fox Footy, Dunstall said he rated Sam Mitchell as the all-time No.2 Hawk, next only to Lethal.
I have never seen a more consistent player than Mitchell. I reckon I could count on one hand the amount of bad games he played over his entire 300+ game career!

He was the engine that powered the team to make so many PFs/GFs.

Other players might have had higher highs on occasions but we don't make the GF for them to perform on without Sam's season long consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back