Injury Fremantle 2020 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just find it amazing we are down to the bare bones when it comes to kpd injuries reminds me of 2016 when we were down to only 2 kpds and they were the worst 2 in the list in silvagni and Dawson.

I have more faith in Cox and Duman/Logue as our 2 key defenders if pearce and Hamling are both out injured and that says a lot.

Hogan is the only kpf out but confident having Lobb, Tarberner, McCarthy and Dixon and even O Reilly rotated up forward as talls.

Meek has to get games this year. I would be surprised if he plays no Dockers games unless he is injured all season. Surprised he didn't get a game in 2018 or 2019.

Did anyone listen to the purple reign podcast. They talked about how cox supposedley came off with a cramp however they raised a good point has anyone heard of a cramp in the groin.

In a kicking drill no less. :rolleyes: I suppose we did have to replace Tucker on the list and a like for like was suitable.

S&C staying relevant as per usual

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Hamstring is usually 2-4 weeks and that player is 100 % fit.

Bennells calf.... Yeah enough said
There are different grades 1-3 for hamstring strains.

Grade 3 in layman’s terms is “Ham off the bone” (complete tear). These days they do surgery to speed up the recovery time but still looking at around 12 weeks or so. Nasty injury.

Hopefully no worse than Grade 2. That is a partial tear. That is more like 6-8 weeks.

Grade 1 is a strain and usually 21 days.

The fact that he is being sent off for scans isn’t a surprise but the fact they haven’t come out and said we anticipate mild strain but getting scans to confirm makes me think it is either grade 2 or 3.

Grade 3 in layman’s terms is “Ham off the bone” (complete tear). These days they do surgery to speed up the recovery time but still looking at around 12 weeks or so. Nasty injury.

Hopefully no worse than Grade 2. That is a partial tear. That is more like 6-8 weeks.

The fact that he is being sent off for scans isn’t a surprise but the fact they haven’t come out and said we anticipate mild strain but getting scans to confirm makes me think it is either grade 2 or 3.
Yeh, just the way it’s been worded doesn’t bode well for me. Will be shocked if it’s grade 1

Ok...... Interesting scenarios

2-3 weeks until the season starts.

So if its a 6-8 week layoff, Acres comes back around round 4-6?

If thats the case, he is going to have a crap 1st round of the season coming back to full fitness. Hoping he has a solid 2nd half of the season.

Yeh, just the way it’s been worded doesn’t bode well for me. Will be shocked if it’s grade 1

Reports in the training thread of him limping off are not reassuring. Most grade 1 will not have much of a limp. I remember our brilliant physios spending 10 minutes trying to stretch McPharlin's cramp out of his hammy on the sidelines of one game before they realised he'd torn it.

It’s disappointing but most were saying just yesterday that our injury list was looking better, which it is, and Acres whilst going ok in the preseason isn’t going to be hard to replace for a few weeks.

Some are getting a bit overdramatic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back