Game Day Fremantle vs Sydney on a Friday night in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Emmett in a tagging role? I just don't get how he keeps performing every week at this low level yet keeps getting selected, I'd give him a couple of decent weeks at Peel and try a Worner, Wagner or Brodie instead.

Watch Emmet kick 4 goals in the fourth Q and win us the game.

Bad kicking is bad footy.
Their players are so much more skilled than ours on average.
Our boys are trying their hearts out but there’s a class gulf here.

I still think we need to add more class by foot to the list in attack. But the coaching group and match committee worships at the altar of pressure over skills.
That’s what results in the likes of Emmett playing and Sturt in the twos.

I feel Emmett only gets a game because the match selection committee forgot we traded Schultz and just think he changed his name.

I feel Emmett only gets a game because the match selection committee forgot we traded Schultz and just think he changed his name.
Who’s coming in?

Switkowski on the flip side has been ******* awful, and doesn’t do anything other then pressure.

Small forwards are a joke at Fremantle

This thread is just so toxic. We are on a 5 day break, playing the best AFL side in the nation, Darcy is out, Switta ain't fully match fit and 11 of our players out there were teammates with a bloke that just passed away last night at 29. And folks want to post nasty trash about our players effort??

I don’t know how quick the mods are removing things that I’m not seeing but it feels like some overreaction from some. I haven’t seen anything toxic. We are getting pumped, and fans are hurting.

I don’t know how quick the mods are removing things that I’m not seeing but it feels like some overreaction from some. I haven’t seen anything toxic. We are getting pumped, and fans are hurting.
I think it’s more likely that some supporters can’t take criticism of their team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you look at all stats , including i50 efficiency, it looks like a close game until you get to goal kicking accuracy 13% to 85%. It's not AFL standard and it's the game right there.

I don’t think we are playing bad at all. We shouldn’t be any more than three goals behind. Finish is missing in a big way.
That’s what makes this even more alarming.
We aren’t actually playing bad. They are just much better players as a group.

This reminds me of an EPL soccer match where a side like West Ham or wolves heads to Liverpool or Man City, shows loads of fight and heart, but the bottom line is the superior footballers on the field get the win though superior skills.
Goals come easily for Sydney. They don’t for Fremantle.

Bad kicking on goal is bad footy. And we have also done enough that on a normal day we are only three goals behind in this one.

Both are true imo.

We had five shots on goal that quarter. We should have kicked three. Do that and we have momentum into the fourth.

Wasn't every man and his dog saying we need to be understanding if the boys are affected by the news today?

This reminds me of an EPL soccer match where a side like West Ham or wolves heads to Liverpool or Man City, shows loads of fight and heart, but the bottom line is the superior footballers on the field get the win though superior skills.
Just look for the perfect option. Puts everyone under pressure.

I agree with this to an extent. I will add a difference is our key forwards are very young. Add that to a lack of small attacking class and we have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back