Autopsy Freo defeat Gold Coast by 23pts.

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone's looking forward to watching Game Day's review of the game let me spoil it for you. They spent at least 1 minute on the entire game talking about how neither team could make finals (my ladder predictor says otherwise thanks) and that GC have a dangerous forward line. Fyfe's name got mentioned for about a second. No one else played for us yesterday.

God they are hopeless. one minute review of the game and five minutes talking about someones WAG and what they did last week. they can never tells us why our players are good there only comments are,"oh yeah he a gun." You just tell they want to get our review over as quick as they can and also always seem to be awkward silence at the end of our review.

God they are hopeless. one minute review of the game and five minutes talking about someones WAG and what they did last week. they can never tells us why our players are good there only comments are,"oh yeah he a gun." You just tell they want to get our review over as quick as they can and also always seem to be awkward silence at the end of our review.

Please excuse my ignorance, but where does one see or hear this game day review show?

25 years 2 months. Switch Griffin for Darcy alone and 6 months comes off that.

GC actually had more possessions and more inside 50's, but their tackle count was horrendously low and they applied zero defensive pressure. Our guys generally looked great with the ball but they were not facing an AFL quality defence.

Next week we face the best side in the Comp over the last 3 months and that will tell us a whole lot more. Was interesting to see GWS absolutely smash Melbourne in the early game.
you got the actual graph oh all the blokes we played with 50 games or less?

As much as I think Watters, Cummings & most the time Connolly are douche's at least Footy WA focuses on us for a change. I dont bother with anything else on free to air. Its always Vic-centric and always will be. Makes you want to puke!

Pos: We have a week off from the McCarthy/Kersten bashers. (jeez I wish they'd go away)
Neg. didn't like the comments from some about the ump. Who cares if it's a man or woman? Just looking for a good job - which she did.
The female ump was quite good for the most part let alone far better than Margetts.

And speaking of Margetts with his umpiring of Freo matches I bet comes from that little clique of WA senior umpires and umpire coaches(along with Dalgliesh and Keating) who during amateur matches they umpire spend their time ridiculing or whinging about Freo as it looks cool along with getting kicks from being a control freak to the less experienced amateur umpires.

Last edited:
Margetts cleans his whistle as a weapon to be employed against Fremantle.
The female ump was unfortunately pernickety early and occasionally later but to compare her with a known cheat is churlish and unfair.
She was adjusting to the caper,improved and as the game progressed was comparatively pretty damn good.
Margetts progressed toward his normal frenzy of misjudgement and untethered, undisguised bias.
With a bit of glee.
Paid to be a campaigner.

As much as I think Watters, Cummings & most the time Connolly are douche's at least Footy WA focuses on us for a change. I dont bother with anything else on free to air. Its always Vic-centric and always will be. Makes you want to puke!

I never seem to last more than a few minutes with that show and I have to say that even as an ex-Freo coach it's usually Connolly who shits me the most.

For me at the moment Footy Classified is the best of a bad bunch. As much as I think Hutchison, Wilson & most of the time Lloyd are douche's at least Lyon doesn't make me want to flick channels for a change.... Until good call/bad call, that bits about as interesting as Gaze's Turn it up.

Im sorry but Cam Mac is better at either Tabs role you want to put him into. Hes also a better field kick with better vision. Cam gets easy goals and easy marks in 50 because he instinctively know how to play footy as a forward.
I think that has been a big part in the reason people want Tabs in though? He can play out of FF and at least draw high shitty kicks in that Cam probably loses, thus freeing Cam up to play further up. Hence why people have made the Tabs vs Cox calls, not Tabs vs Kersten vs McCarthy.

EDIT - having said all that, I think playing Fyfe in the role he played on the weekend beats having Tabs at FF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting bit of media by ESPN: http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...fl-heroes-villains-fyfe-neale-new-dynamic-duo

A new Dynamic Duo: Plenty of talk surrounding the best duo in the league of late with Joel Selwood/Patrick Dangerfield and Trent Cotchin/Dustin Martin battling for the right to be the best pair in the league, but has a new contender emerged of late? Take your pick of the below:

Duo A: 49 disposals per game, 10 marks, 8.7 tackles, 6 clearances, 3 goals, 225.7 SuperCoach points
Duo B: 57 disposals, 8.3 marks, 6.3 tackles, 12.3 clearances, 2 goals, 234.7 SuperCoach points
Duo C: 57.3 disposals, 13 marks, 10.7 tackles, 14 clearances, 1.3 goals, 242.7 SuperCoach points

Those averages come from the duos' past three outings together and while hard to separate, Duo C have shown that they're a force to be reckoned with and are not only deserving of a spot in the discussion, they might be the first option. Who are they you ask? None other than Nat Fyfe and Lachie Neale. Duo A being Dangerwood while B is Martin and Cotchin.

Good to see Fyfe & Neale getting some love. I would like to see them giving us 3 goals a game though!

Yep, criminally off the radar of most footy fans.
Yet it's the best quality??How does that work??
Because it's on NITV and SBS??
I can occasionally watch a percentage of 'On the couch.' or 'Open Mike.' if the guest is good(Sheahan is generally s**t)but there is not another footy show I can stomach.

Margetts cleans his whistle as a weapon to be employed against Fremantle.
The female ump was unfortunately pernickety early and occasionally later but to compare her with a known cheat is churlish and unfair.
She was adjusting to the caper,improved and as the game progressed was comparatively pretty damn good.
Margetts progressed toward his normal frenzy of misjudgement and untethered, undisguised bias.
With a bit of glee.
Paid to be a campaigner.

Not only has he shafted Freo at every opportunity, but Margetts is the reason why the Eagles have surfed a wave of home ground free kicks over the past 5 or 6 years. He was almost blowing the whistle before Shuey, Selwood et al ducked into an opposition tackle.

Give me the female ump over that biased campaigner any day.

Yet it's the best quality??How does that work??
Because it's on NITV and SBS??
I can occasionally watch a percentage of 'On the couch.' or 'Open Mike.' if the guest is good(Sheahan is generally s**t)but there is not another footy show I can stomach.
Yep, on NITV and hosted by blackfellas = too weird for John and Jane Smith.

There was a play early in the first quarter where Griffin took a contested possession on the rebound outside 50 and quickly fed it to Fyfe. Brennan Cox provided a big bump to allow Fyfe to get free to kick it to Kersten on the wing. Cox followed up and kept running and ended up receiving a handball to get the inside 50 to Grey running into the open square.

Grey fumbled it for a behind but it was exciting to see the work rate by the big Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back