Autopsy Freo Outlast Crows Away (72-84) - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

One of those games where I'd really like to see some footage of what JLo was saying at half and 3/4 time. Reckon something along the lines of "put the effort in here and we go into a 3 game home game stretch at 3-2". Something definately clicked in the 4th quarter.

I thought we were the better team for most of the game but we wasted opportunities up forward. Treacy and Lobb were liabilities, so to get the win with donuts from those 2 is a major positive. And halfway through the last quarter we were in trouble but found enough to step up in a big way.

BUT....the Crows are an average team at best. Let's not start thinking we're hot sh*t just yet.

So are Carlton and they torched us. Winning in Adelaide is never easy and will do wonders for the confidence of a young playing group. We're not hot s**t yet but it was an important stepping stone nonetheless.

Cerra going out probably opens the door for Blakely to come back in. Treacy needs some time at Peel, do we bring Meek back?
Nope to Blakely. Crowden will take Cerra's spot, Treacy stays in, if anything Lobb out Meek in.

It’s good to win a scrappy game by turning it on for 10 minutes in the last quarter away from home.

Mundy and Ryan won us that game.

Forward structure and F50 entries still need some work, as does transition from defence.

Onto next week where hopefully we fill our pockets up with percentage. Hopefully Geelong smash them (physically) today.

It’s good to win a scrappy game by turning it on for 10 minutes in the last quarter away from home.

Forward structure and F50 entries still need some work, as does transition from defence.

Onto next week where hopefully we fill our pockets up with percentage. Hopefully Geelong smash them (physically) today.
If anything I hope Kangas play their best game of the year today. Get it out of the way before they come up against us

Most impressive thing to me is how we dealt with Adelaides pressure, we withstood it really well and as soon as they dropped off AT ALL our ball movement improved dramatically.

Terrific win to stand up like they did in the last

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crows surprised me with their intensity, they won't play finals but were strong for long. Win is a win, plenty to work on but the alternative was unthinkable.
Kudos to the guys that were good for four quarters, Tabs and Ryan especially. Kept us close enough that when other guys lifted in the second half we got there!

I'd keep Treacy in. He doesnt look out of his depth, and he helps stretch the defence
People are too one or the other on here. Had an ok debut which people went overboard on and then a poor follow up has a lot wanting to drop him or even say he's no good.

Give him one more game imo.

Yeah Treacy wasn't great today but if he sits and watches the tape, there's a lot to learn and improve on. He needs to think more quickly, but if he can learn his lessons at AFL level it'll be better for the club in the long run. He stays against NM for me.

Bring Crowden in, shuffle Acres to the middle. Maybe bring in Tucker if he's fit.

Colyer one of our top 3 today with Mundy and Ryan.

plot twist and roos get a win, a hundre
I'd keep Treacy in. He doesnt look out of his depth, and he helps stretch the defence

Needs a big goal

Yeah just waiting for the big man to get a goal, will open the floodgates.

Yeah baby! Tense game throughout. We deserved the win. More scoring shots. Moved the ball better than them. Cleaner. Good teams win these away games so that’s a bloody good sign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back