From where I sit

Remove this Banner Ad

Carnthe

Premiership Player
May 31, 2006
Osaka
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We lost it today because for some reason we decided to play a kick it long game when we only had one genuine forward target in Petrie. Pedersen and Warren barely contested, they are not the answer. Too many times they were beaten and the ball was taken away with ease. 4 tall defenders in Grima, Delaney x2 and Thompson is too many. We need to get rid of AT LEAST one of them for another tall forward target. Sounds like both Tarrant and Hansen had good games.

We lost it today because for some reason we decided to play a kick it long game when we only had one genuine forward target in Petrie. Pedersen and Warren barely contested, they are not the answer. Too many times they were beaten and the ball was taken away with ease. 4 tall defenders in Grima, Delaney x2 and Thompson is too many. We need to get rid of AT LEAST one of them for another tall forward target. Sounds like both Tarrant and Hansen had good games.

Poor team selection, poor preparation, incredibly poor tactics and a blatant disregard for the tactical factor of the sub player.

I guess if McMahon were fit he would be in for the Delaney who is not AFL standard. Too slow.
Also Hamish being out hurt. Pederson would be a bonus on the wing. Moves well for a tall & there is a spot available.

Would it have helped today. Unlikely.

We have much better options to play on a wing than Pedersen. I don't get all the love for him. He was serviceable last year, but if you are 193cm and can't compete in a key position then you'd better bloody hope you can move like Buddy Franklin. That being said he is still handy as a depth player.

The problem today was that we had 60 more kicks than hand passes but only one bloke to kick it to. How the **** do you lose when you have 60 inside 50s to 42. The answer is you kick it to a someone who's outnumbered, or someone who's undersized and the opposition win the contest and take the ball away. They had 44 rebound 50s to our 23. That run has been our biggest strength all year. I can understand why we would bring in Greenwood to add to our contest in the middle but 4 fullbacks is overkill. We can not play all of Grima, Thompson and Delaney x2. We also have better options than Warren and Pedersen. And gee Harvey has had a rubbish couple of weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back