buttox - where is he?

Remove this Banner Ad

buttox lives!

View attachment 1824829

Welcome back buddy. Hope all is good in your neck of the woods.
Just super busy and a little disheartened by Norths current lot in the world. I don't see us improving in the next 2-3 years myself. Footy is not as interesting as it used to be. I watched 5 games this year.

I suspect following north last year was a bit like being bi polar. Jhf is great, jhf is gone, we are getting great picks for jhf, we get a mediocre deal, clarko is coming, clarko gets accused of nastyness. It's a bit exhausting to be honest.
That’s fair enough mate.

Yeah, there have been quite a few times over the past two years that I’ve had to remind myself that this is just meant to be entertainment.

Hopefully we become competitive ahead of your predicted time frame. But I remember at the start of Nobles second year how you predicted it was going to get worse before it gets better.

Maybe Clarko will avoid the second year blues somehow yet. Though the speculative key defender options being floated at the moment have me tempering my expectations.

In any case, it’s good to hear from you.

That’s fair enough mate.

Yeah, there have been quite a few times over the past two years that I’ve had to remind myself that this is just meant to be entertainment.

Hopefully we become competitive ahead of your predicted time frame. But I remember at the start of Nobles second year how you predicted it was going to get worse before it gets better.

Maybe Clarko will avoid the second year blues somehow yet. Though the speculative key defender options being floated at the moment have me tempering my expectations.

In any case, it’s good to hear from you.
My biggest worry is that we had a short period of time to improve with the new clarko appointment. I'm not saying jump into the eight just win a few more games and show prospective talent we are on the up. We didn't do that and it has set us back a bit I think.

McKay going is a big loss. Key backs are like hen's teeth. The upside is that our decent older guys have gone now in cunners, jz hall and Goldy. 2024 should be the last year we get worse for a while.

It's now down to natural improvement from our youngsters so we do improve gradually each year without lossing senior players who contribute more than an 18 year old kid replacing them can.
Realistically someone like. Wardlaw is still 2 years from contributing like cunners could for example. 2-3 more years of pain in my opinion

I suspect following north last year was a bit like being bi polar. Jhf is great, jhf is gone, we are getting great picks for jhf, we get a mediocre deal, clarko is coming, clarko gets accused of nastyness. It's a bit exhausting to be honest.
Fair enough.

Glad all is well with you.

My biggest worry is that we had a short period of time to improve with the new clarko appointment. I'm not saying jump into the eight just win a few more games and show prospective talent we are on the up. We didn't do that and it has set us back a bit I think.

McKay going is a big loss. Key backs are like hen's teeth. The upside is that our decent older guys have gone now in cunners, jz hall and Goldy. 2024 should be the last year we get worse for a while.

It's now down to natural improvement from our youngsters so we do improve gradually each year without lossing senior players who contribute more than an 18 year old kid replacing them can.
Realistically someone like. Wardlaw is still 2 years from contributing like cunners could for example. 2-3 more years of pain in my opinion
Good to see you round.

Hope you're wrong about all that tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stick around mate. I enjoy your posts.
This stuff is all cyclical..we will get ours soon

Bump :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back