List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly will be at St Kilda if he isn't at GWS. A few posters may have rubbed us off the wrong way but if we are serious St Kilda are probably the only Melbourne side seen as being capable of offering Kelly both finals and cash in that quantity. Draft pick wise a lot of teams would be ruled out as well, as they would with Fyfe and Martin (Freo and Richmond would match but both won't need to IMO). A lot will become more clear around and after the bye rounds - ie the next 3-5 weeks.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Melbourne should be desperate for him, exactly the type of player they need.

Kelly will be at St Kilda if he isn't at GWS. A few posters may have rubbed us off the wrong way but if we are serious St Kilda are probably the only Melbourne side seen as being capable of offering Kelly both finals and cash in that quantity. Draft pick wise a lot of teams would be ruled out as well, as they would with Fyfe and Martin (Freo and Richmond would match but both won't need to IMO). A lot will become more clear around and after the bye rounds - ie the next 3-5 weeks.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sadly for us I don't think we get him. I'd say he stays at GWS or is off to North.

Our list has pretty significant issues in the midfield and has a problem around development and coaching.

I think we are more likely to land another GWS mid or HBF

Sadly for us I don't think we get him. I'd say he stays at GWS or is off to North.

Our list has pretty significant issues in the midfield and has a problem around development and coaching.

I think we are more likely to land another GWS mid or HBF

Which one? It sounds like ur thinking someone specifically?

whitfield is the obvious one

williams might be an option

problem is if kelly goes i think they can afford to fit the others in with the cap going up

Gee Williams would be a good get.

Williams and Wilson work so well off the hbf. Shaw has been relegated somewhat now those two have stepped up so well.

I feel like we're in an odd position with Fyfe now that we're half way through the season. I feel like he should've come good by now? He's below average at times and I honestly can't recall one moment of greatness all season, whereas in previous years it was almost a given there'd be at least one a game, or even one a quarter.

There's no doubt we can match whatever anyone offers for him, but is he worth that?

Even as I write this I can't believe how I'm thinking. Please prove me wrong Fyfey!

He is dropping his trademark overhead marks lately. He just doesn't look right atm.
This has me worried about Fyfe. He has some of the best hands in the comp, but has been dropping them a bit lately. One of the marks he dropped today was the type he would've been able to take with a dislocated shoulder a few years ago.

I wonder how much our contract offer to him has come down over the last 6 months or so. I would have gladly paid him $6m for 5 years then, not sure he's worth that now.

His own fault really. If you're going to delay contract talks then you're taking the risk that you hold your form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll let you in on a secret everyone already knows.

Playing games of AFL doesn't build your fitness higher and higher. The less conditioning you have from say, a year off, the faster you cross the threshold into the games burning you out in small niggling places.

Fyfe and McCarthy are down on output? Who is actually surprised? The week off will do them wonders.

I wonder how much our contract offer to him has come down over the last 6 months or so. I would have gladly paid him $6m for 5 years then, not sure he's worth that now.

His own fault really. If you're going to delay contract talks then you're taking the risk that you hold your form.
Or Jason Webber told him that he won't expect him to hit repeatable peak output until after the bye if he doesn't burn out before and Freo have indicated they want to see where he gets too as well.

The offer on the table would have to be in question based on his year so far. Based on current output his contract should be the same as neale.

Clearly his brand is going to net him a bit more but you would have to question offering north of 1 mil.

Edit for typo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The offer on the table would have to be in question based on his year so far. Based on current output his contract should be the same as neale.

Clearly his brand is going to net him a bit more but you would have to question offering north or 1 mil.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think he would take the millions if the Kangaroos were the alternative.

Yeah, this is gone. He can't burst through the packs anymore either. It's the wrong year for him to be so down on form, that's for sure.
Freo will maintain the faith and he will repay us with another brownlow next year and a norm smith in 2019. Bookmark it.

This has to be the only explanation to Fyfe's form this year.
1fa25423527f543759a6eeabff378afa.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On current form I will trade him out if anybody give up first round pick and a good young player.

Key word on current form .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back