Gardening Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did my lawns today. Bloody hell they are looking good.
I did mine twice, once with no catcher as it was too high. Then let the clippings dry and mowed it again with the catcher. Had to empty it over ten times.

Have pulled my greenhouses down and used the framing to make a garden net for the length of my garden bed instead. Tried and 3 bunnings and not one had the bird netting size I need in stock.

Stuffed up yesterday ..:embarrassedv1:.
Brought some plactic garden steaks insteed of paying the extra for metal ones , was a bone head play by me.

Today .
Took one back and brought a couple metal ones .👍.

Found four foot roses for 25$ each ..
I'll find a spot for them prob need to be in pots tho.
Please, rocker, it’s BOUGHT, when you buy something.
BROUGHT when you bring something.

Planted my mango tree about four years ago when I moved into my new house. Always wanted one having grown up in Port Hedland with a tree in the yard that produced so much we sent boxes of it to relatives in Perth. Finally got a crop (ok, only four lmao) after previous years the fruit would drop off prematurely.

View attachment 1880139
I was going to buy one and have it in my pool area which is quite warm and humid. I have an avacado in there doing well.

Can I just use lawn fertiliser on bamboo?
Not sure what nutrient requirements bamboo needs. Lawn fertiliser has a specific npk, as does fruit and citrus food and veggie food. It’s probably not going to be too bad for it, I’d say being a lawn good it will be higher in nitrogen which causes the grass to stay green. Maybe just apply it at half strength to ensure no issues.

Not sure what nutrient requirements bamboo needs. Lawn fertiliser has a specific npk, as does fruit and citrus food and veggie food. It’s probably not going to be too bad for it, I’d say being a lawn good it will be higher in nitrogen which causes the grass to stay green. Maybe just apply it at half strength to ensure no issues.
Yeah someone told me bamboo is basically the same as grass so I just wondered if you could use lawn fertiliser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah someone told me bamboo is basically the same as grass so I just wondered if you could use lawn fertiliser
Yeah I just looked up what bamboo likes in fertiliser and it is nitrogen so it the lawn stuff will be perfect

I perhaps should have done that myself. I was hoping someone here would just know. Thanks for going to the trouble though.👍
All good, helps to know stuff like this given I’d been working in a nursery until a year ago for 12 years.

Planted my mango tree about four years ago when I moved into my new house. Always wanted one having grown up in Port Hedland with a tree in the yard that produced so much we sent boxes of it to relatives in Perth. Finally got a crop (ok, only four lmao) after previous years the fruit would drop off prematurely.

View attachment 1880139
Seem to remember it took 7 years before mine gave me any fruit. For whatever reason got none last year. This year however an abundance on the tree. Getting around to netting them now, have had issues with rats getting to them in previous years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back