Gary Ablett Senior sues Geelong, Hawks and AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

That may be but should children who start in the contact sport be subjected to the potential consequences? When they can’t understand the long term consequences? And many will not become professionals

Thats where their parents bear responsibility.

Why haven't the rubber helmets become mandatory if we now know the seriousness of concussion. I'm pretty sure science says that help a lot? Could it be because they look bad and make the players seem weak?

Why haven't the rubber helmets become mandatory if we now know the seriousness of concussion. I'm pretty sure science says that help a lot? Could it be because they look bad and make the players seem weak?
I don't think there is strong evidence that they help much. It's the acceleration/jolt to the head which does the harm which helmets can't guard against.

Aside from the onfield hits/boxing/drugs, I recall Ablett has been involved in several assaults over the years on both the giving and receiving ends. The water is so murky on the issue of causality of Ablett’s ABI it might as well be mud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back