Preview Gather Round: Essendon vs Melbourne, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 15/4 @ 4.10PM (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridley will have to play taller. Our pressure up the ground will dictate whether or not Melbournes tall forwards dominate. Its a huge test for us
I'd rather bring in someone so Ridley doesn't have to do that, or failing that, another medium to do his intercept work like Montgomerie

Could Ridley get a pair of these?
65286eda-ccbb-4a5c-8dc8-b46086aaaef1.jpg

7 news were saying Hibberd has been ruled out for the Dees. Lever is 50/50 and Brown should be available to play.

You wouldn’t think the Dees would go a tall forward line with it being wet weather footy, right?

I think the Hobbs stuff is a touch overstated.

He did a full preseason, missed a couple of weeks after pulling a calf and then rolled an ankle.
You're right, just missed round 1 afl, played well round 1 vfl, missed a week, played well round 3 vfl. Interrupted yes but nothing serious. As i said im happy to see him brought in this week. Snelling too

Feel like we need another key defender in. JVR, McDonald and maybe Brown up front for Melbourne. Zerk to take Brown, Laverde on McDonald, ??? on JVR.

Expect Petty to play on the ruck, Lever on Jones and May on Stringer
If it's as wet as they say it is I wouldn't be surprised if Melbourne elect against bring Brown back in.

It's been McDonald, JVR and Petty to this point, they may swing Petty back and go small if the conditions are as bad as they forecast.

If it's as wet as they say it is I wouldn't be surprised if Melbourne elect against bring Brown back in.

It's been McDonald, JVR and Petty to this point, they may swing Petty back and go small if the conditions are as bad as they forecast.
Brown is like a giraffe on an ice rink in the wet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I want to see;
In: Voss, Snelling, Hobbs
Out: Weideman (inj.), Davey (managed), Heppell

Probably likely Heppell stays in with either Hobbs or Snelling as sub.

Surely Davey out would mean Snelling straight in, Heppell (or Langford) aren't really forward pressure types whereas a fit Snelling does that very well.

Surely Davey out would mean Snelling straight in, Heppell (or Langford) aren't really forward pressure types whereas a fit Snelling does that very well.
That's the dream. Snello especially for the conditions. I just think Davey looked ready for a rest on the weekend, especially after his shoulder got a sting. Snell's the defensive forward we need in.

Apparently Langford is training forward, big cheer at training suggests maybe Voss comes in (or Montgomerie but probably Voss surely?), and they've confirmed Davey is playing in the press conference.

If it's wet I can't see them dropping any smalls anyway, but could put Heppell in defence again like he was at the end of last week and shuffle Caldwell, Shiel, Durham back between the arcs a bit more, and you've got the spot from Weideman's concussion. That gives us 23 with Heppell and Voss in and Weid out, so someone still has to be the sub (Phillips?).

Then next week Weideman probably comes back in, don't know about Heppell as an Anzac Day sub, and they won't drop Voss after banging on about not bringing him in until he can stay in for an extended run of games. At that point if there are no injuries maybe back to 1 ruck or some smalls get rested?

side note but does anyone remember that game (i'm pretty sure it was against us) where BT was trying to coin the nickname 'big boner brown'? feels like a weird fever dream that only me and my dees-supporting friend can recall

Apparently Langford is training forward, big cheer at training suggests maybe Voss comes in (or Montgomerie but probably Voss surely?), and they've confirmed Davey is playing in the press conference.

If it's wet I can't see them dropping any smalls anyway, but could put Heppell in defence again like he was at the end of last week and shuffle Caldwell, Shiel, Durham back between the arcs a bit more, and you've got the spot from Weideman's concussion. That gives us 23 with Heppell and Voss in and Weid out, so someone still has to be the sub (Phillips?).

Then next week Weideman probably comes back in, don't know about Heppell as an Anzac Day sub, and they won't drop Voss after banging on about not bringing him in until he can stay in for an extended run of games. At that point if there are no injuries maybe back to 1 ruck or some smalls get rested?
Langford forward could possibly point to Montgomerie.

Yeh heard the cheer, I was on the opposite end so didn't see who it was. I can only assume Voss?
Can confirm Langers trained with forwards.
Reidy running a lot of laps, also took part in some match sim.

On SM-G780G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back