Preview Gather Round: Essendon vs Melbourne, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 15/4 @ 4.10PM (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting up to 20mm of rain in Adelaide on Saturday so I’d be bringing in Hobbs for Weid and leaving Heppell in at the expense of Davey Jr (keep him fresh for Anzac Day).

Think we can still afford to carry two rucks in the wet as one will be resting forward.

Probably not the best game to debut Voss and I don’t think Walla is ready to come back in.

Kelly - BZT - Ridley
Redman - Laverde - McGrath
Martin - Shiel - Durham
Perkins - Jones - Langford
Caldwell - Stringer - Menzie
Draper - Parish - Setterfield

Merrett - Hobbs - Phillips - Heppell
Sub: D’Ambrosio

Maybe time to give Alwyn a rest. Snello in for the defensive pressure and composure.

Is Walla match-fit?
Not yet. Did a lot of walking yesterday.

We really need to try nullify their midfield - so keeping the 2 rucks against Grundy & having multiple options that can rotate through there is a must.
Hobbs comes in to provide another midfield rotation option, and I’d expect Caldwell to spend minutes through the guts as well…

OUT: Weideman, Davey
IN: Heppell, Hobbs

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav McGrath
Shiel Setterfield Durham
Perkins Langford Martin
Jones Stringer Menzie

Phillips Parish Merrett

Bench: Caldwell Hobbs Heppell Draper
SUB: Snelling

Fingers crossed the 0-20mm fizzles into not much which tends to happen to long range forecasts here, the big rain tends to get predicted only a day or 2 out where not much gets forecast prior.

Knowing my luck it'll be dumping down and make the day with my Melbourne supporting old man not so good. We won't get nearly as closer indication of where we're at either as it'll turn into a slog where game plans largely go out the window and their bigger and/or more mature bodies of Melbourne will wear us down.

If it wasn't for us needing to expose Melbourne's lack of pace on the outside, I'd be wanting to bring in Hobbs and Snelling for Davey and Caldwell.
Heppell for Weidemann. Caldwell sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like we need another key defender in. JVR, McDonald and maybe Brown up front for Melbourne. Zerk to take Brown, Laverde on McDonald, ??? on JVR.

Expect Petty to play on the ruck, Lever on Jones and May on Stringer

glad ive made plans to get to this game.
not so glad it may rain whilst im standing on the grassy bit :S

As long as there's coopers and balfours on offer i guess.

Reckon this will be an alright match. Dees have never really blown us out of the water.
Hard part is going to be Oliver finding another level this year. Will v Clayton a key match up for me.
Shiel to Tracc
Suspect Viney goes to Merrett to rough him up a bit.

Aren't we a team that haven't play well in the wet for a long time?
I'm having flashbacks of 2021 prelim finals where Western Bulldogs were better than us all over the wet ground.

Going too tall will hold us back. Players that can run, tackle and handball should win the day.

Feel like we need another key defender in. JVR, McDonald and maybe Brown up front for Melbourne. Zerk to take Brown, Laverde on McDonald, ??? on JVR.

Expect Petty to play on the ruck, Lever on Jones and May on Stringer
Ridley will have to play taller. Our pressure up the ground will dictate whether or not Melbournes tall forwards dominate. Its a huge test for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back