Geelong and Hawthorn - who is more successful

Who is more successful?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

lol trying to justify the merger.

I love big footy :)
Do you mean the bit where Hawthorn members voted no and Melbourne members voted yes?

Essendank Flogs who still maintain “We did nothing wrong in systematicly doping our players” give me a giggle.

I love BF.

Winning flags without having Dank or ‘The Weapon’ on your payroll
Dank was never on the Geelong payroll tho.

lol, you probably thought you were on a roll posting that so thanks for exposing how unaware you are of reality. :)

But I never said that Dank was on Geelulz’s payroll but thanks for confirming that your jimmies are indeed rustled
No but you thought he was. Hell you probably still think he is. :tearsofjoy:

#realityisoverrated :$

Might not have been on Geelulz payroll but he was certainly on Frank Costa's
I hope so, nothing like the perfect crime backed with dirty mafia money.

I guess you could say Dr Steve is ”a friend of ours, a goodfella”. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, guys. It’s not about mere wins and losses. The important thing here is that Geelong and Hawthorn supporters love, care for and respect each other deeply.

Guys, guys. It’s not about mere wins and losses. The important thing here is that Geelong and Hawthorn supporters love, care for and respect each other deeply.

That's a lie

If a Geelong person (be it player, administrator, coach or supporter) was hanging off the edge of a cliff.

I'd finish the job by standing on their hand to help them fall

:D

That's a lie

If a Geelong person (be it player, administrator, coach or supporter) was hanging off the edge of a cliff.

I'd finish the job by standing on their hand to help them fall

:D
You’d pin their hand so they couldn’t fall?

That’s the Xmas spirit mate, there is good in you yet.

Normally standing on ones hand while they are hanging on for dear life would force them to lose their grip. And fall to their doom.... DOOM I SAY DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
Ok.

Every now and then on the internet you come across some Magnotta posts. Not really subtle signs that the poster is on the edge of losing it and about to go truly postal.

I am not saying that is Xtreme. I doubt his mother would let him out of the house without his hi vis bike helmet, spoiling any opportunity of surprise.

Also, he probably couldn't make it up the stairs from the basement anyway...

The b2b argument builds itself upon fitting in a flag while you're good. Rather than breaking the system and staying good. Winning the same flags over a longer period compared to a shorter one. Hawthorn could still only win 3 flags in 5 years. They just won them all together because they had to, Geelong losing flags inbetween years isn't as bad as Hawthorn losing them outside only 3 years. 3 years at the top compared to 5.

Hawthorns era was just another teams turn at the top. But Geelong were something else entirely.

The b2b argument builds itself upon fitting in a flag while you're good. Rather than breaking the system and staying good. Winning the same flags over a longer period compared to a shorter one. Hawthorn could still only win 3 flags in 5 years. They just won them all together because they had to, Geelong losing flags inbetween years isn't as bad as Hawthorn losing them outside only 3 years. 3 years at the top compared to 5.

Hawthorns era was just another teams turn at the top. But Geelong were something else entirely.

Pull the other one that plays jingle bells!

Pull the other one that plays jingle bells!
He is right, though. b2b is fluff. A bowler who gets a hat trick isn't necessarily better than one who gets three wickets over the length of the innings.

At best, it probably shows how weak and diluted the competition is when you have no real challengers. We faced two out of three of the best teams to be built since the AFL started, and also Port Adelaide and Hawthorn in our GFs.

I can't even remember who the Hawks played, pretty sure interstate teams running Academy rookies I think...

He is right, though. b2b is fluff. A bowler who gets a hat trick isn't necessarily better than one who gets three wickets over the length of the innings.

At best, it probably shows how weak and diluted the competition is when you have no real challengers. We faced two out of three of the best teams to be built since the AFL started, and also Port Adelaide and Hawthorn in our GFs.

I can't even remember who the Hawks played, pretty sure interstate teams running Academy rookies I think...

HAHAHA

Geelong's grand final opponents were weak. The only true challengers they faced were Collingwood in 2011 :)

HAHAHA

Geelong's grand final opponents were weak. The only true challengers they faced were Collingwood in 2011 :)

No way! It's the other way around. Hawthorn got weak interstate teams and there were no good teams those years. Nobody could pick who was going to make the Grand Finals those years because the comp was so so incredibly weak. I might even go as far as saying Port 07 would've beat Hawthorn possibly all of those 3 years.

If Hawthorn played St Kilda 3 times in a Grand Final St Kilda would have 3 flags. At least that much is clear to me!

Back