Game Day Geelong v Sydney - PF

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with most of this, but we needed to add to the gameplan, you are only as good as your bottom six, and you also
need to score, have a functional forward line.
The club, management, should of been more aggressive after 2013, players moved on, harder decisions made, to win
premierships you need to be the best team in the comp. Those teams are filled with class, quality, not just a sprinkling
of champions.
Its human nature to evolve, same with the gameplan, otherwise you become predictable, easier to counter.
A hybrid of both styles of coaching is required, grinding out wins takes its toll eventually.
You are right on the money.
Those that think that our past game plan and players were going to win a flag were dreaming.
Both Western Bulldogs and GWS have shown you where the game is going .
Certainly not backwards and sideways when in possession but you need quality footballers to do the job

Anyone else think that Ross was told to change up so to prove a point, instead of introducing incremental change, he stepped right back as if to say, Well here's your ******* change, knowing full well how it was going to end up.

I just can't see how a guy who plans to the nth degree, who is an astute reader of the game, didn't anticipate how something like not running as much during the preseason will affect the side against hard running teams.

I wouldn't put it against him, and if ever there was a time to make that kind of inhouse powerplay, this year was one to do it.

I think it was orchestrated to achieve an early draft pick and an excuse to fully refresh the list. I think Ross, Steve and Chris are mostly on the same page and know exactly what they're doing and trying to achieve.

I just saw Elvis and John F Kennedy driving an aeroplane over New York.

I think it'll take a little time for this unintentional sexism to die out. Anyone who has watched the women's exhibition games wouldn't be alluding to them as weak indirectly. From what I have seen most of the women are tougher than the blokes.

I agree with your intended meaning though, perhaps they both need to find a non-contact sport to master instead?

I want to add that the thing I enjoyed most about the women's exhibition game compared to men's AFL games is that there was no playing for free kicks and no demonstrative appealing for free kicks. No weakness there.

Darling, Shuey, the Selwoods, the Geelong Coach, Hawkins, Mr. Flappy and Thomas on occasion are the antithesis of the women's game. Their unsportsmanlike behaviour should be driven from the game.

Ross saw the deficiencies in the qualities of disposals, skills and lack of goal scoring in the players on our list . He also saw that our aging stars were retiring and we needed replacements.
WB , GWS & St Kilda game plans combined with the rule changes ment less contested football and faster ball movement that our game plan , players couldn't combat . The best example was the West Coast vs WB final.

He just bombs it long in hope so often, good but very overrated player.

Soon to be Brownlow medalist so not so sure he is overrated unless it is by everyone in the game. He has some kicking deficiencies (like Fyfe) but he is a beast (like Fyfe) who can turn games and simply the best player in the comp. Geelong did not lose because of Selwood or Dangerfield, they lost because of the almost pathetic support cast they had in the midfield.

Soon to be Brownlow medalist so not so sure he is overrated unless it is by everyone in the game. He has some kicking deficiencies (like Fyfe) but he is a beast (like Fyfe) who can turn games and simply the best player in the comp. Geelong did not lose because of Selwood or Dangerfield, they lost because of the almost pathetic support cast they had in the midfield.

Fyfe is def better. Fyfe doesn't kick anywhere near as many helicopters and his set shot kicking is miles better. Danger's kick is more penetrating at times but Fyfe directs his kicks better. But the main thing is Fyfe is the best and most well rounded player in contested situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe is def better. Fyfe doesn't kick anywhere near as many helicopters and his set shot kicking is miles better. Danger's kick is more penetrating at times but Fyfe directs his kicks better. But the main thing is Fyfe is the best and most well rounded player in contested situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't disagree, they are the best two players in the league with Bonts charging them down. No surprise that Danger is this years Brownlow medalist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back