Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the season is done, would it hurt to see..

Or is the season done.... 😆
Math What GIF by Riki Barker

Has there been another case of a mid-season recruit playing in the back-half of their first season before?

Clever marketing by Freo, they know that many fans weren't going to return after that insipid trash against Carlton... I don't know why but I'm more keen to see Ethan Stanley in his first game than just about any other debutant recently. I'll probably go now.
Yeah many have from other teams

This is freos first ever msd debutant

Has there been another case of a mid-season recruit playing in the back-half of their first season before?

Clever marketing by Freo, they know that many fans weren't going to return after that insipid trash against Carlton... I don't know why but I'm more keen to see Ethan Stanley in his first game than just about any other debutant recently. I'll probably go now.
As current president of the Ethan "Stanley Cup" Stanley fan club, that's selling him short. Since he's been at Peel, he's clearly the most AFL ready player we have there. Kid is going to be awesome

Should be a club rule that debutants don't get the sub role, it is a bit depressing for the family and friends to attend when you might play 25 minutes.
Couldn't agree more. Any coach that debuts a guy as a sub is a bum.

If it's a tank issue, then start him and sub him off during the 3rd quarter. Surely that would be more preferable for any player making their debut.

Clark is the logical match up as he’s got pace…

Heeney is the one that could cause us serious grief this week
We can always hope that Heeney has another mare where he misses everything in sight like he did when Sydney kicked 6.18 against Geelong. He kicked three out on the full and two behinds.

That will do nicely😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What injuries do Banfield, Aish and O'Driscoll have? They aren't listed on the injury list from a few days ago.
Darcy (ankle), Walker (knee) and Banfield (lacerated knee) all sustained their injuries against Collingwood, while Aish (quad) and O’Driscoll (calf) both sustained minor injuries at training

If it's a tank issue, then start him and sub him off during the 3rd quarter. Surely that would be more preferable for any player making their debut.
How would that have gone last week with a couple of in game injuries?

also, it’s a sensible and therefore common thing to do. Richmond also doing it this week.

and how about other sports! Fast bowlers open the bowling in their first test? Basketballers in the starting 5? Soccer players always in the starting 11?

Tbh the sub is perfect in this case, he wasn't even on a list 2 months ago!

We need to win this game. I don't want to hand Melb pick 4 and give them a chance at landing Reid. I would say play with heart but it appears we don't have one.

I appreciate that point about the debut being a bit of a bummer however, it seems to me it can take a bit of pressure off a kid not starting and having to absorb all the attention and nerves. The sting is out of the game by halfway through the third so maybe a bit easier to adjust to the speed of the game and the physicality. Just a thought.

I appreciate that point about the debut being a bit of a bummer however, it seems to me it can take a bit of pressure off a kid not starting and having to absorb all the attention and nerves. The sting is out of the game by halfway through the third so maybe a bit easier to adjust to the speed of the game and the physicality. Just a thought.
Once upon a time, when all it was was subs on the bench, it's how most debuts would happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back