Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if Tabs needs to come back through Peel. Otherwise, might be Jackson, Treacy rotating through the ruck and Amiss, Taberner forward. Seems unlikely as he has been out so long

Won with Jackson, Treacy, Amiss in the forward line v Sydney last time. Let’s not do it again, then.

There is good synergy in the forward line with Amiss as a permanent forward and LJ and Treacy playing a mix of forward and helping in the ruck.

LJ and Treacy are pinch hitter rucks at best. Both can do the job reasonably but it is detrimental to them and the forward line if they get asked to do too much rucking.

We are in a difficult position with Reidy not ready from some reports? Perhaps we might have to roll the dice with him.

Tabs could help out in the forward line as others have suggested but Tabs coming off a long injury spell usually takes a few weeks to get going and probably won't come straight back in.

What the bloody hell are we doing??

Honestly, zero coaching capability plus questionable match committee decisions equals another wasted year of shitty results.

Well done Freo. 15th with this list you muppets!!
I'm not even sure what you are venting about? Were you that confident he would debut on the ground? He hasnt had a single proper preseason yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, zero coaching capability plus questionable match committee decisions equals another wasted year of shitty results.

I'm going to take this as sarcasm (hopefully).

Stanley, I feel, is going to be the talk of this season.

You sound a bit stressed or something, seriously. Hope you’re ok.

I would not be opposed to being cautious and subbing someone off early for a minor niggle so Stanley comes on. I'm serious, that kid is legit
Should be a club rule that debutants don't get the sub role, it is a bit depressing for the family and friends to attend when you might play 25 minutes.

This kid is going to be a gem. He’s having a meteoric rise up the ranks and is now going to debut in the AFL on Saturday night. How good is that?

We had another kid once upon a time who was gung ho and earned the nickname of cowboy. He too, debuted very early in his career, and went on to win a Brownlow.

Just like Lachie Neale, Ethan has only been at the Club for a very short time, and has already caught the Coach’s eye. It’s pretty obvious that he has an abundance of talent and he’s doing everything he can to make it in the big time.

Congratulations Ethan and have a great debut. We’re all behind you son.

What are his strengths?
Everything? At WAFL level anyway:
  • Composed under pressure and while being tackled, finds a way to get the ball out to someone to advantage and not just dump it
  • Decent size
  • Decent (not elite) pace
  • Massive and accurate kick of the ball
  • Goes hard when it's turn

Things to work on would be his tank and getting a bit more of the pill, though that wouldnt be easy playing WAFL on the wing primarily. I would guarantee whatever happens this weekend, the board is going to be pretty excited with how Stanley plays after Saturday

Last edited:
Should be a club rule that debutants don't get the sub role, it is a bit depressing for the family and friends to attend when you might play 25 minutes.
I dunno. I think friends and family would be stoked if a player was debuting and only played 5 minutes. If he shows something, he will be included again next week.

Also think taking in the atmosphere and easing in and not jumping straight into it is better to calm the nerves. Also tactical sub is alot different to injury sub

Everything? At WAFL level anyway:
  • Composed under pressure and while being tackled, finds a way to get the ball out to someone to advantage and not just dump it
  • Decent size
  • Decent (not elite) pace
  • Massive and accurate kick of the ball
  • Goes hard when it's turn

Things to work on would be his tank and getting a bit more of the pill, though that wouldnt be easy playing WAFL on the wing primarily. I would guarantee whatever happens this weekend, the board is pretty excited with how Stanley plays after Saturday
At his age and how quickly he has progressed he sounds like a find. The tank will come with a preseason or two in the system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back