Prediction Changes: Round 17 Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Development year lol that’s a cop out was that your feeling going into this year after finishing 5th with 16 wins and winning a final, i’d be surprised if most members felt that way i mean where is it written that we needed to have a year of regression, there’s no guarantees that we’ll flick the switch next year and play finals.
I'm with you, at the start of the year I thought we were a shoo in for at least the top 8, maybe even top 4.

But unfortunately I overestimated the strength of our youth and even if the guys we are playing now (which I do believe is essentially our first premiership squad) were being selected from day dot, I reckon we'd still be where we are at right now.

But you play the cards you are dealt, and I think a lot of us did get carried away in belief when we should have have been a bit more expectant of a development year.

That being said, even in our recent losses, I have seen a lot of positive signs and reason to be excited for the future seasons. There is no guarantee we flick the switch next year and play finals, but there wasn't any guarantee we'd flick the switch and play finals this year.

I'm not sure about that.Erasmus had a very good game and was then dropped. Sturt had a cameo followed by a good game and then was dropped. Corbett came in as sub, looked good and then was dropped.Brodie couldn't possibly do worse than Brayshaw against big bodied mids. Schulz has been taken out of the forward line to go up the ground when Switta or Sturt could have done that job. There is probably a lot more

Post in thread 'The Luke Jackson trade.' The Luke Jackson trade.

Good to see the main board trolls are hedging their bets on the results.

Glad that the match committee kept faith in Erasmus. Kid will be a star.

This is probably the biggest game of his short 11-game career so far. Need to win to keep finals alive and with Fyfe (and Brodie) out he'll be expected to do some heavy lifting against a high-quality midfield. I reckon he'll rise to the occasion, as will MJ.

This is probably the biggest game of his short 11-game career so far. Need to win to keep finals alive and with Fyfe (and Brodie) out he'll be expected to do some heavy lifting against a high-quality midfield. I reckon he'll rise to the occasion, as will MJ.
Inclined to agree. I like the cut of MJ's jib: smart, quick,deft, strong.

Raz's first AFL game was inevitably raw but he had boldness and flair, plus admirable composure.

He's been a bit more constrained since - maybe as AFL challenges & realities set in - but I'm hopeful that with more exposure we'll see that initial Erasmus emerge again, and stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colyer, surely you are kidding, rising 32, what is the gain in bringing Colyer back in?
Experienced player and rotation or depth from the bench.

This isn't 2018 where dockers are rebuilding and a 32 year old Danyle Pearce was playing in the WAFL getting 20-25 disposals a game while kids like Stefan Giro got Games on the wing

Have I told anyone lately how much I hate Cripps?

Fyfe breaking a foot means Patrick gets another uninhibited crack at being a w***er to our decent citizens in the middle.

I say we play Johnno, Ras, Jacko and Darcy in the middle as much as possible. For future development rah de rah, but also to confuse Paddy, who won't see anyone under 6 foot to fall on.
Another reason for me to put money on Carlton to win.

Guys like Cripps can use dirty tactics and get away with it.

sam winchester yawn GIF

See how you have a negative, by almost half, post to like ratio? There's probably a reason for that.

Does anyone know why we always seem to name at least a couple of players in positions they won't actually play? E.g. this time we have Jordan Clark listed on the wing with Aish at half-back. Is there some sort of inside joke?
This happens with most teams from my observation

And most positions are very vague in todays game anyway.

See how you have a negative, by almost half, post to like ratio? There's probably a reason for that.
Think a lot of that depends on where you post tbh, if you post a s**t ton in a match day thread during the game you ain't gonna get too many likes on your posts.

What? Can you name any specific examples cause I am curious. I don't remember anything like this happening.
Couldn't name any specific matches off the top of my head but I have regularly noted him at Peel just absolutely throw himself around in the contest whether directed at ball or player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back