Prediction Changes: Round 17 Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

While I don’t disagree, this is a development year for us so it won’t be a huge problem if the young blokes are getting a first hand lesson In games (ie having their asses handed to them).

I’ll be upset if we are losing games like this in 2024-27
Prepare to be upset then. Because I won't be surprised if we still struggle in 2024-27.

Again, I don't expect a flag under Justin Longmuir.

I want to see Freo make finals for 2 or 3 years in a row under him.

Again... Dockers have not made back to back finals outside of that 2012-15 era

Prepare to be upset then. Because I won't be surprised if we still struggle in 2024-27.

Again, I don't expect a flag under Justin Longmuir.

I want to see Freo make finals for 2 or 3 years in a row under him.

Again... Dockers have not made back to back finals outside of that 2012-15 era
Despite what people think of them, the loss of Lobb & Acres in career best form has never been replaced this year.

Add the loss of Josh Carr coaching through the middle and fielding week in week out the youngest side and this is a lack of consistency at best.

2024-27 is Freo premiership window imo. Hold onto your GF upgrades, it’s coming home.

Despite what people think of them, the loss of Lobb & Acres in career best form has never been replaced this year.

Add the loss of Josh Carr coaching through the middle and fielding week in week out the youngest side and this is a lack of consistency at best.

2024-27 is Freo premiership window imo. Hold onto your GF upgrades, it’s coming home.
Losing 5 AFL players was always going to be a bridge too far.
Adding JOM I’m not sure if it helps or
hinders our development?
We still don’t know Fyfes best position and the medium tall forward issue is still there.
Wings? It’s all fixable and probably from within, but as you say not replacing Carr, an outside point of view could be the difference.
Coaching looks disjointed, and I don’t see any balance between now and the
year that follows.

Lobb not so much. Jackson and Amiss coming on has filled that void. Jackson’s recent injury issues have been a problem, especially second ruck and moving JT out of preferred forward role. That is where a ready made 2nd ruck would have been handy. Meek replacing Darcy and filling second ruck whilst Jackson is injured has been missed. I don’t mind the development of Reidy but he isn’t quite ready as yet.

JOM has been a solid replacement for Mundy.

Then that leaves Acres, Tucker and Logue. Tucker played himself out of the team last year. He played a number of roles but didn’t mail any of them. Henry has replaced him easily.

I feel Logue would have been handy as that third medium tall. Allowing Cox more freedom. He would have been a good match-up for JUH for example and Curnow on Sunday. His replacements for KPD depth are Draper and Davies. Both have actually had quite reasonable development years but are a fair way off for mine. Also this has been exacerbated by the injury issues suffered by Chapman.

Acres whilst a bomb it long turnover merchant at times has been really missed for his role in JL’s structure. Especially his run and metres gained. Able to intercept forward of centre, get back to defence to assist and be a link man out of d50. He has not been replaced. Henry has taken some time to replace him and hasn’t yet had the consistency. So whilst Henry has moved ahead of Tucker he hasn’t yet replaced Acres. Also coupled with a tougher year for NOD held back by injury issues.

I agree that we are seeing a rougher year due to loss of a number of players not yet replaced like Acres (wing), Logue (3rd versatile tall back) and Meek (2nd ruck). Exacerbated by injury and form issues for NOD (wing), Henry (wing), Chapman (3rd versatile tall back) and further development needed for Reidy (2nd ruck).

I agree loss of Josh Carr with no replacement has hurt.

A mature aged medium tall backman would be handy, a ready made speedy winger and a readymade small forward would be good.

I’ve warmed to Brockman. I think we should have a crack at likes of Flanders or Stephens. If Henry goes we could offer Sharp a 1 year contract (but seen nothing from him this year), and target a medium tall back. Doedee is free agent, otherwise scour the SANFL, WAFL and VFL for readymade option.

If Naughton was available (the cost does concern me) then he could offer swingman variety and a significant upgrade on Logue for example. Can’t see us having any significant trade value to get this done aside from moving on Darcy which creates a bigger issue for mine.

Lobb not so much. Jackson and Amiss coming on has filled that void. Jackson’s recent injury issues have been a problem, especially second ruck and moving JT out of preferred forward role. That is where a ready made 2nd ruck would have been handy. Meek replacing Darcy and filling second ruck whilst Jackson is injured has been missed. I don’t mind the development of Reidy but he isn’t quite ready as yet.

Then that leaves Acres, Tucker and Logue. Tucker played himself out of the team last year. He played a number of roles but didn’t mail any of them. Henry has replaced him easily.

I feel Logue would have been handy as that third medium tall. Allowing Cox more freedom. He would have been a good match-up for JUH for example and Curnow on Sunday. His replacements for KPD depth are Draper and Davies. Both have actually had quite reasonable development years but are a fair way off for mine. Also this has been exacerbated by the injury issues suffered by Chapman.

Acres whilst a bomb it long turnover merchant at times has been really missed for his role in JL’s structure. Especially his run and metres gained. Able to intercept forward of centre, get back to defence to assist and be a link man out of d50. He has not been replaced. Henry has taken some time to replace him and hasn’t yet had the consistency. So whilst Henry has moved ahead of Tucker he hasn’t yet replaced Acres. Also coupled with a tougher year for NOD held back by injury issues.

I agree that we are seeing a rougher year due to loss of a number of players not yet replaced like Acres (wing), Logue (3rd versatile tall back) and Meek (2nd ruck). Exacerbated by injury and form issues for NOD (wing), Henry (wing), Chapman (3rd versatile tall back) and further development needed for Reidy (2nd ruck).

A mature aged medium tall backman would be handy, a ready made speedy winger and a readymade small forward would be good.

I’ve warmed to Brockman. I think we should have a crack at likes of Flanders or Stephens. If Henry goes we could offer Sharp a 1 year contract (but seen nothing from him this year), and target a medium tall back. Doedee is free agent, otherwise scour the SANFL, WAFL and VFL for readymade option.

If Naughton was available (the cost does concern me) then he could offer swingman variety and a significant upgrade on Logue for example. Can’t see us having any significant trade value to get this done aside from moving on Darcy which creates a bigger issue for mine.
DGB just kicked 4 goals in his last game in the VFL.
Would be a handy pickup and 22 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DGB still has a year on his contract, would have to pay overs to get him this year, gotta wait 1 more to pay fair value
Can work both ways. He might start getting regular games and show a lot more improvement to drive up his price.

If Henry continues on his trajectory of improvement - we will get a lot more for him in a trade at the end of this season as compared to end of last year.

Out of contract Hawks will push for a trade but we can at end of the day get him out of contract as DFA or PSD. Problem is mob down the road will want as well.

At a decent price he would be a handy pick-up. We had decent trade negotiations with Hawks last year (JOM and Meek). I see no reason why we can’t negotiate decent deals on the likes of Brockman and/or DGB if either or both become available.

Can work both ways. He might start getting regular games and show a lot more improvement to drive up his price.

If Henry continues on his trajectory of improvement - we will get a lot more for him in a trade at the end of this season as compared to end of last year.

Out of contract Hawks will push for a trade but we can at end of the day get him out of contract as DFA or PSD. Problem is mob down the road will want as well.

At a decent price he would be a handy pick-up. We had decent trade negotiations with Hawks last year (JOM and Meek). I see no reason why we can’t negotiate decent deals on the likes of Brockman and/or DGB if either or both become available.
They took him at pick 6, tbh they won't even accept our pick 21 for him

Just don't see it being viable to get him this year

A cardboard box blowing around in the 50 is an upgrade on Logue

I just want to see Worner have five to ten touches where he cleanly uses the ball, ideally an inside fifty straight onto Treacy's chest for him to kick his 5th goal of t

They took him at pick 6, tbh they won't even accept our pick 21 for him

Just don't see it being viable to get him this year
we took Logue at 8???
sold him for a lot less.

He must have shagged your missus at some point?
Only explanation for the personal dislike you have for Logue!

Nothing personal against him, he’s a great bloke. Looked after the boys and I after the round 2 loss. He’s good value.

My issue with Logue; top 10 bust and Freo spent six years of development on him only to offload him for less. He knew his place in the team was under threat and he mentioned this as early as May last year. Took his opportunities to head to a broken club like North and good luck to him. Never rated him as a footballer…

….but geez if a Freo member has a dislike for a player s**t that said player must have slept with his Mrs. Dockeroo great insight 🙃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back