Prediction Round 19: Changes Vs Sydney Swans + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally play Reidy against Sydney, they are not flash in the ruck..
Yep with not much on the line might as well throw him in the deep end, sink or swim.

Hickey was dropped last week, wonder if they bring him back this week

Fremantle Dockers training notes: Key forward Matt Taberner trains as a defender during match simulation​

Headshot of Mitchell Woodcock
Mitchell WoodcockThe West Australian
Wed, 19 July 2023 12:19PM
Comments
Mitchell Woodcock
Fremantle are looking to keep their slim finals hopes alive with a win over Sydney at Optus Stadium on Saturday night. They hit the training track on Wednesday as they prepare for the crucial clash. Here’s what we saw...
Fremantle spearhead Matt Taberner is a chance to play his first game since round four after recovering from back surgery - it is just where that is yet to be decided.

Fremantle Dockers training notes: Key forward Matt Taberner trains as a defender during match simulation​

Comments
Mitchell Woodcock
Fremantle are looking to keep their slim finals hopes alive with a win over Sydney at Optus Stadium on Saturday night. They hit the training track on Wednesday as they prepare for the crucial clash. Here’s what we saw...
Fremantle spearhead Matt Taberner is a chance to play his first game since round four after recovering from back surgery - it is just where that is yet to be decided.
Lucio Fulci Reaction GIF by Arrow Video

Comments
Mitchell Woodcock
Fwiw it was a load of s**t

It was part of a drill, he matched up on Corbett and they swapped roles after 8 minutes

Comments
Mitchell Woodcock
Whatever keeps him outta the forward line.

Yeah I've come around to agreeing with the bolded

We stuffed the season and now lose pick 4 and 23, looks bad but there is no changing it now, so tough s**t, move on from it and make sure the list is ready for next year

Hell I'd even argue we are better off finishing 13th or lower, momentum is a big thing in footy, getting a softer draw could help build the team (altho our early draw this year was the "easy" part and we stuffed that)
True. But it’s also agreed that Freo got the hardest draw (as rated by various analysts).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think this is a good game to let Jackson solo ruck. Last time was against Briggs and he got bashed by a bruiser.

Won’t happen against Sydney and he can roam and be more athletic than their athletic ruck
He is just coming off injury. Not sure they should be doing that but from Justin's interview it sounds pretty likely

Our already terrible forward line looks worse when Jackson isn't in it. Need to play Reidy.
Or it could be a chance to change things up.

Crisis = opportunity. Plus Longmire used that strategy to run more boundary side of the play against us successfully last year (which looked like Carltoon had in operation two weeks ago) and he would no doubt have front of mind again. Great mothers of invention moment, where Jackson in ruck is much more dynamic, allowing more options to put speed on the ball, chaos style.

Don't have to totally reinvent, but more an adjustment, which can disrupt Longmire's plans and give us an extra weapon in the arsenal to hone and keep 'em guessing.

Geoff Valentine scathing of Reidy’s performance in the WAFL on radio this morning. Apparently Geoff participates in match committee, I don’t think Reidy will be getting a call up.

Geoff Valentine scathing of Reidy’s performance in the WAFL on radio this morning. Apparently Geoff participates in March committee, I don’t think Reidy will be getting a call up.
Can you elaborate?

Seems like a harsh reaction on the eve of a possible call up...must have played a real stinker.

Sounds perfect. He’ll fit right in

Yeah in all honesty i don't think Darcy competes as well as he could for 120 mins every week.

Quite often it takes him a half to get going.

Yeah in all honesty i don't think Darcy competes as well as he could for 120 mins every week.

Quite often it takes him a half to get going.
Wonder if the comment about Reidy was that around the ground stuff rather than stoppages.

I think on the weekend, one incident where Cox marked over the top of walker in the fwd line. Commentators was saying Darcy had to do more in that instance. Wasn't sure whether cox at the time was playing ruck or fwd.

Wonder if the comment about Reidy was that around the ground stuff rather than stoppages.

I think on the weekend, one incident where Cox marked over the top of walker in the fwd line. Commentators was saying Darcy had to do more in that instance. Wasn't sure whether cox at the time was playing ruck or fwd.
I'd imagine this is what it was, dominated the ruck contest (though he should) but man did he left a bit to be desired outside the ruck contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back