Prediction Round 9: Changes Vs Sydney Swans + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just asked Bard AI how we can beat Sydney and must say it pretty much nailed the response:

The Fremantle Dockers can beat the Sydney Swans in their AFL game this week by doing the following:

• Winning the contested ball. The Swans are a very good team when they have the ball in their hands, so the Dockers need to make sure they are winning the contested ball and putting the Swans under pressure.
  • Keeping the Swans to a low score.The Swans have a very potent attack, so the Dockers need to make sure they are keeping them to a low score. This means defending well as a team and not giving the Swans easy opportunities.
  • Making the most of their opportunities. The Dockers have a lot of talented players, so they need to make sure they are making the most of their opportunities when they get the ball. This means taking risks and playing with confidence.
If the Dockers can do these things, they will have a good chance of beating the Swans.
Wonder if Bard AI wants to coach us?

Wonder if Bard AI wants to coach us?
since it scours the net for information to collate to reach its conclusions, would have to think most of that info is coming from Big Footy given our extensive and successful efforts to waste time on here. Therefore, it would probably be our combined efforts that it would create its coaching plan from. Would have to be a successful plan then you'd think.

since it scours the net for information to collate to reach its conclusions, would have to think most of that info is coming from Big Footy given our extensive and successful efforts to waste time on here. Therefore, it would probably be our combined efforts that it would create its coaching plan from. Would have to be a successful plan then you'd think.
Well If thatā€™s the case then I reckon poor Baileys in for an extended run at peel!!

Wonder who Ryan Clarke will tag this week - if anyone. Seems to go to attacking half-backs rather than midfielders so Jordan Clark could cop a bit of attention.

Wonder who Ryan Clarke will tag this week - if anyone. Seems to go to attacking half-backs rather than midfielders so Jordan Clark could cop a bit of attention.

Has to be Young this week imo

He was deadly last week, Connor Macdonald couldn't keep up as he ran past for the handball 80% of the time

Our backs are against the wall with respect to salvaging our season and thatā€™s what will drive us.
Sydney wonā€™t be a pushover and it sounds like they intend to dish the dirt to our midfield, with a focus on Serong. He can handle it and if the umpires do their job correctly weā€™ll get the free kicks because of it.

We will win this and reverse the losing trend at this ground.

Freo are comfortably the youngest and least experienced team out there this weekend.

Not enough credit is given to our young side for how they are going given this profile.
I see that as a cop-out tbh.

How are we 4 years into the JL build we end up being one of the youngest list.

Where do you expect the age to come from? Our rebuild started in 2016. Those guys are now 24. The only older guys we had were traded in. Logue and Meek aren't doing much to increase the age. Tucker, Lobb, and Acres maybe. But only 2 of those guys would get a game. We're young because of s**t that happened pre-JL. Our age/experience last few years was also skewed due to Mundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a cop out because we have almost zero players left from pre-2016. Fyfe, Walters, Tabs and Pearce IIRC.

So get stuck into our terrible 2013-2015 drafting/trading as that is fair game.

It's not a cop out because we have almost zero players left from pre-2016. Fyfe, Walters, Tabs and Pearce IIRC.

So get stuck into our terrible 2013-2015 drafting/trading as that is fair game.
2014 was great!

Pick 13 - Weller which became Brayshaw
Pick 54 - Ed Langdon, wish we didn't give him away for a song.
Just those two is a good haul.
Pick 34 - Blakely worst part is he resulted in us losing Langdon.

2013 we got Pearce and Tabs. Apeness at pick 17, alot of clubs missed Zac Merrett at 26.

2015 - Tucker, Balic, Collins, Yarran - none left at the club. Also traded out our 2016 second for Balic, could've been a Parfitt or Shai Bolton.

I think if you add two players to your best 22 it's a pass mark.

2014 was great!

2013 we got Pearce and Tabs. Apeness at pick 17, alot of clubs missed Zac Merrett at 26.

2015 - Tucker, Balic, Collins, Yarran - none left at the club. Also traded out our 2016 second for Balic, could've been a Parfitt or Shai Bolton.

FMD did not realise how bad that 2015 draft was for us. I remember the 2014 draft was looking really good for us in the first few years. Blakey was going to be the Neale replacement!

Freo are comfortably the youngest and least experienced team out there this weekend.

Not enough credit is given to our young side for how they are going given this profile.
Actually gws are slightly less experienced this week (3 games), but yes we are very young and inexperienced (apologies to those that get sick of hearing it from me each weekj

Just want to see us bring that pressure game for as long as possible. The pressure we brought and the confidence we got were the big takeaways from last week, regardless of who we played (sometimes because of it). The chance to get ourselves into that flow and soak it in were priceless.

FMD did not realise how bad that 2015 draft was for us. I remember the 2014 draft was looking really good for us in the first few years. Blakey was going to be the Neale replacement!
2015 wasnt that bad. Tucker played a lot of games for us and is now on another list. He was selected in the mid second round. Need to remember we traded out our first round pick (which was a very late one - after we finished third effectively) for Bennell. 2015 had a good top 16 but fell away thereafter.

Balic was a late second round pick (38) and slid for obvious reasons associated with his bad wrist injury but behind him there wasnā€™t much left so we pulled the trigger. Having a look at that draft Bailey Williams about 10 picks later would be handy. Hindsight we should have not traded for Bennell and tried to use our late first round pick to trade up a little.

Collins was a decent selection where he was selected. Is still on a list and I was a little surprised at his delisting and felt he could have been given another year as depth cover. I was critical of his deplorable foot skills at times with Peel and had some other limitations. He addressed some of this when he went back to the VFL and dominated. He has been good at GC. I did hear though a few times on the radio last night when driving the reference Sam Collins kicking out ā€¦ā€that wasnā€™t a great kick from Collinsā€.

I saw a reference to Balic trade for second round pick. Balic was traded for a very late pick in the 50ā€™s from memory and that was after he spent two years on the list.

2014 was great!

No question 2014 ended up being brilliant based on Weller -> Andy but just talking from an age of the list POV, its only Tabs and Pearce remaining from those drafts, hence the low age.

No question 2014 ended up being brilliant based on Weller -> Andy but just talking from an age of the list POV, its only Tabs and Pearce remaining from those drafts, hence the low age.

And both of them missing large parts of their careers so far goes part way to explaining the experience too.

Bit naĆÆve.

Lost to port by 2 points, should have won after the siren - but Mills had a brain fade on the line.

Lost by a point to GWS.

I think we get touched up quite badly, small ground, in tight - Parker will beat us up like he normally does.

Our contested method and clearance work is still below average, not the ground you want to an outside team.
You're...what was it again...never wrong?

Centre clearances nine to twenty. Absolutely dominated them, lead by Sean Darcy directly clearing the ball with the game high total.

Freo had the top four places on the ground in that stat.

When you wonder what value a dominant ruckman brings, that's it. When the opposition ruck can't negate the advantage they get torn apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back