Prediction Round 9: Changes Vs Sydney Swans + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep it as is.
I would to have will Brodie back on but whom to swap out is the conundrum

the afl media team pondered the question over the week. if you could have an entire team of one player who would you choose.
many chose pav, others goodes. (richo was a fun an interesting choice by one poster)

but i think after the last game we all now know the answer. its banners baby. whoo!!!!!

Shoutout to Banfield for putting up his good game that will keep him in the next for the next five weeks. If he played like this every week no one would have a problem. Very good in the start, and also seems to have a very good releasing handball to the runner in congestion.

I actually didn’t mind Treacy today. The dropped marks frustrating, but did well to get into positions and at least half the contests.

Not sure if Fyfe for a full game is right but if his body is ready for it why not. SCG isn’t the biggest ground and we are getting a good mix in the centre bounce with Jackson going through. Fyfe for Tracy and Brodie to Sub or no changes and Fyfe holds as the tactical weapon again

The people who want Banfield to play every week are the same people who had a sad at the club when they fired Mark Harvey.

Congratulations he had a decent game against one of the worst teams in the AFL, I hope you enjoy the next 8 games of garbage

If they drop Treacy then they aren't serious about developing him and have thrown him in the Sturt bucket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The people who want Banfield to play every week are the same people who had a sad at the club when they fired Mark Harvey.

Congratulations he had a decent game against one of the worst teams in the AFL, I hope you enjoy the next 8 games of garbage

If they drop Treacy then they aren't serious about developing him and have thrown him in the Sturt bucket.
Banners performed whereas Treacy had an almost game. Saying that, I would keep Fyfe as sub for another week because Treacy deserves more game time to prove himself. Jlo doesn't operate like that though.

If there are no injuries I’d leave the team unchanged. Fyfe can remain sub for another week. If Schultz pulls up lame then Fyfe can come in and perhaps Emmett if he has another good game at Peel can move to sub. Brodie or Wilson can travel as emergency. They are next in line.

I don’t see him running out a full game yet, so ideally if he does start he can be the one subbed. Fair bit to consider with him.
I can see that but I can’t see how they will even contemplate playing him as the sub again. One sub game is good to build off, I’d be absolutely stunned if he doesn’t come in next week playing a similar role

We play Sydney twice before the season is done so this game is going to be a big part of what our rest of the year looks like, if we match up alright and can get close or do them over there before the return fixture back home it would be huge.

Same applies to Geelong. But... yeah. The grand finalists back to back isn't going to be a soft kill

I can see that but I can’t see how they will even contemplate playing him as the sub again. One sub game is good to build off, I’d be absolutely stunned if he doesn’t come in next week playing a similar role
I agree, but wouldn’t be surprised if he starts as sub again. They’d be managing his minutes & if he does start, there is the option of subbing him off. There’s a lot to consider with Fyfe in regards to his foot, how is back handles the rigours of footy, soft tissue injuries & general fitness to play out the minutes.

I think they will be reasonably conservative with him for a couple of more weeks.

Shoutout to Banfield for putting up his good game that will keep him in the next for the next five weeks. If he played like this every week no one would have a problem. Very good in the start, and also seems to have a very good releasing handball to the runner in congestion.

I actually didn’t mind Treacy today. The dropped marks frustrating, but did well to get into positions and at least half the contests.
Yeah. On replay Treacy was even better than I thought watching live. Having his time again he would have wanted to slot that goal and take the mark on the goal line but apart from that he played well.

Agree. Doubt that they play Fyfe as sub, if he pulled up all right. If they think he can impact the game, they would want him starting.

I would like see Fyfe start in the middle for the centre bounce then maybe rotate with Brayshaw after that.

What's up with his kicking though. Why he can't fix it. As Pav was saying the drop was terrible. Surely something can fix that technique to some degree. That shot he had was atrocious

Fyfe in tight (i know the pressure wasn't great) was really impressive last night.

Not sure what his clearance numbers were but 3-4 for generated by his big body and quick hands in tight, i thought the dynamic really changed when he was in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back