Prediction Changes: Round 17 Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He can replace a lot of players across many lines, that’s why he would make a good sub to start for a little taste.
Exactly. But you don't just start him B22 with no AFL experience at all.

I think our selectors have come along leaps and bounds since the start of the season. There's no way 4-5 months ago guys like Treacy, Amiss, Johnson and Raz were getting automatic selections.

But we don't need to be slotting debutants straight into B22 selection just for the sake of it. We aren't the Eagles.

Debuting as a tactical sub is far different from debuting as a medical sub like NOD did last year. That was rough. Tactical sub you’re guaranteed game time, medical sub you might’ve sat on the bench for the whole match. Quite a few clubs debut guys as tactical subs now.

Hopefully Sturt for Fyfe then

JL did say there will be a shuffle of midfield positions in the worner vid so hopefully that means Erasmus doesn't just take Fyfes spot, Erasmus to peel and Sturt into the 22

Hopefully Sturt for Fyfe then

JL did say there will be a shuffle of midfield positions in the worner vid so hopefully that means Erasmus doesn't just take Fyfes spot, Erasmus to peel and Sturt into the 22
No, Erasmus deserves the B22 midfield spot. None of this reshuffle crap.
Really worried about the physicality of this midfield v the Kryponite Cripps. None of them are bullies, or hard edge to just smash him around.
Cripps getting into Bryshaw- cannot stand it. JOM should stand up, which haven’t seen enough of from him.
Lack of rotations for that area too.
No Fyfe, no Brodie. It’s either those three stand up or nothing else

Reckon we get done, as we aren't that good.
Happy with Worner in, and Switkowski can go find some form in the WAFL.
scrap that, Switta very lucky.
No big changes after we get done. Reckon Longmuir still reckons we can make finals.
I reckon he's deluded

No big changes after we get done. Reckon Longmuir still reckons we can make finals.
I reckon he's deluded
Every team except the bottom three can still make finals. Would you prefer he throw games for the sake of playing younger guys???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he's deluded

Carlton aren't bringing over any rucks, the guy who usually steps up and tags one of our gun mids out of the game while getting thirty himself isn't coming either.

While I don’t disagree, this is a development year for us so it won’t be a huge problem if the young blokes are getting a first hand lesson In games (ie having their asses handed to them).

I’ll be upset if we are losing games like this in 2024-27
Development year lol that’s a cop out was that your feeling going into this year after finishing 5th with 16 wins and winning a final, i’d be surprised if most members felt that way i mean where is it written that we needed to have a year of regression, there’s no guarantees that we’ll flick the switch next year and play finals.

Who should we drop? And who comes in to replace them?

That’s the problem isn’t it. Apart from Chapman & Fyfe if he ever gets fit again, maybe Brodie this is it. Best 22.

They’ve obviously written off Wilson, Hamling, probably Colyer, maybe Tabs.

It’s a decent team & will get better as the kids do but right now it’s not as good a team as those above us.
There is no one else.

That’s the problem isn’t it. Apart from Chapman & Fyfe if he ever gets fit again, maybe Brodie this is it. Best 22.

They’ve obviously written off Wilson, Hamling, probably Colyer, maybe Tabs.

It’s a decent team & will get better as the kids do but right now it’s not as good a team as those above us.
There is no one else.
Yeah I get you man, was kind of the point I was trying to make.

If this B22 doesn't get it right, we haven't really got anybody better to make up for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back