Prediction Round 10: Changes Vs Geelong + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exactly my thinking as well. We can't really afford to wait for a loss to make changes, given our start to the season. We need to be setting up the team to win every week.
Maybe that's exactly what JL & the MC are doing lol... Contrary to people's view here.

We haven't thrown in the towel regarding the season so they are playing what they deemed to be b22 based on team balance and all the info they have. Not basing it on blooding youth & future prospects or armchair experts opinions

Maybe that's exactly what JL & the MC are doing lol... Contrary to people's view here.

We haven't thrown in the towel regarding the season so they are playing what they deemed to be b22 based on team balance and all the info they have. Not basing it on blooding youth & future prospects or armchair experts opinions
Yeah maybe, but they keep picking Banfield And Hughes over guys like Sturt, MJ, Raz, Worner and even Draper.

Certainly better options in amongst that group. :think:

The stars have aligned.
Ya boy can actually attend tomorrow's game!

Which block do I want? All I want is to be mostly hidden from the sun with easy access to excessive beers.

Yeah maybe, but they keep picking Banfield And Hughes over guys like Sturt, MJ, Raz, Worner and even Draper.

Certainly better options in amongst that group. :think:

Lets keep it simple as my post seemed to go over your head.

Compare Sturt to Banfield as they are vying for same position. Take away the youth and future prospect factor. Based on performance, banfield currently has his number. Not to say that may not change later. So for that reason Banfield is b22 atm and Sturt is not. Cannot compare Banfield to Ras and MJ as they have not played forward. They are competing with FYFE, JOM, Aish, etc

For Hughes as he has moved back to defense, you can compare him to Worner, who has been doing well at Peel. But Hughes has been doing well since movi g back so for now he is b22

😉

Compare Sturt to Banfield as they are vying for same position. Take away the youth and future prospect factor. Based on performance, banfield currently has his number. Not to say that may not change later. So for that reason Banfield is b22 atm and Sturt is not. Cannot compare Banfield to Ras and MJ as they have not played forward. They are competing with FYFE, JOM, Aish, etc

For Hughes as he has moved back to defense, you can compare him to Worner, who has been doing well at Peel. But Hughes has been doing well since movi g back so for now he is b22

😉
That's a fair argument while we are still vying for the eight this year. If/when that changes, I would hate to see the same selection policy.

The stars have aligned.
Ya boy can actually attend tomorrow's game!

Which block do I want? All I want is to be mostly hidden from the sun with easy access to excessive beers.
Good doogs - you might make all the difference! From around 114-5 to 123 are shady side wings and great viewing. Not cheap but get a GA ticket & either go to "book" somewhere there just to see what spots are currently vacant, or take anything for starters & move to a better spot say after 1st Q.

Excessive beers is a Brayshaw/Cameron, i.e. everywhere.

Good doogs - you might make all the difference! From around 114-5 to 123 are shady side wings and great viewing. Not cheap but get a GA ticket & either go to "book" somewhere there just to see what spots are currently vacant, or take anything for starters & move to a better spot say after 1st Q.

Excessive beers is a Brayshaw/Cameron, i.e. everywhere.
Elite work from you Siempre 👏

😉
Easy now Mrs Banfield I was only stirring. They have been playing well this last couple of weeks it is true.

But now that I think about it, I'm gunna disagree. I reckon Sturt is the better option. He just hasn't played in this shiny new forward structure. And the couple of games he did play, the midfield wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders. The forward delivery wasn't working, now it is.

I would dispute that if Sturt were playing in the team the last 2 weeks, Banfield would be the sub at best.

As for Hughes, neh. 2 more weeks.

A lot of posters that attend the games have been complimentary of Banfield’s positioning and game plan smarts of late. If the coaches thought Sturt was a better option he’d be playing.
FWIW everything I’ve seen of Sturt indicates to me that he’s more suited to Amiss’ role and that ain’t happening, nor should it.

A lot of posters that attend the games have been complimentary of Banfield’s positioning and game plan smarts of late. If the coaches thought Sturt was a better option he’d be playing.
FWIW everything I’ve seen of Sturt indicates to me that he’s more suited to Amiss’ role and that ain’t happening, nor should it.
In that case, wouldn't you like to have 2 Amiss's on the ground rather than 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sturt should be aiming to play the same role for us that Hosking-Elliot plays for the Pies. He's not as good yet but that's what he should be aiming for. They're very similar build, very similar athletes and very similar skills.

Was Hosking-Elliot at the Pies when JL was?

That's a fair argument while we are still vying for the eight this year. If/when that changes, I would hate to see the same selection policy.
They may be more inclined to opt for development & potential vs. experience against some of our easier match ups?

Coming out of the bye we have richmond, gws and essendon.
The bye gives you a circuit breaker where noone has played/been in a winning team and you reward the training performances.

Sturt should be aiming to play the same role for us that Hosking-Elliot plays for the Pies. He's not as good yet but that's what he should be aiming for. They're very similar build, very similar athletes and very similar skills.

Was Hosking-Elliot at the Pies when JL was?

I see him more like Fritsch from the Dees but yeah another valid comparison.

We don’t have enough data yet to say if he makes it but he’s capable of special moments & hopefully featuring in our long term plans.
His work recently is trending upwards. Starting to carve the WAFL again.

I see him more like Fritsch from the Dees but yeah another valid comparison.

We don’t have enough data yet to say if he makes it but he’s capable of special moments & hopefully featuring in our long term plans.
His work recently is trending upwards. Starting to carve the WAFL again.
I see Sturt as potentially a Fritsch type player as well. But credit where it's due. Banfield has been very good the last two weeks. Simply had to stay in.

There was no 'mistake' . The MC thought he was playing his role and outside of the Bulldogs game, which most of the team were playing poor, he has been showing his worth more in last two games. He also deserves opportunity 😉

Brodie is in a difficult situation. If according to Serong that the mids had switched up their play to how they were in first few games, that have been the contributing factor to the turn around. Although, I think having someone like Fyfe or Erasmus to win the ball inside the clearances has helped.

Think Brodie only comes in if JOM has few poor games or gets injured. Seems to be behind Ras and MJ now
No doubt about that. It’s just interesting/disappointing that Brodie wasn’t allowed the chances JOM was in the first 7 rounds. JOM was terrible in the first 7 rounds. Whilst Brodie was not at his 2022 standard, thought he was going okay, and was building into the season like much of your side. Unfortunately he was afforded the luxuries to find form like JOM was despite his heroics in 2022. Deserves better after what he gave the side in 2022.

You have to ask. Whose get a better ceiling to take this group forward supporting Andy and Caleb? Brodie or JOM? At 24 years of age, it’s gotta be Brodie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back