Prediction Changes: Round 17 Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I’m hoping for a Worner debut, he’s looked a level above in the WAFL.

In: Erasmus, Worner
Out: Fyfe, Hughes (inj.)

Sub: Brodie

Just realized Brodie can’t be sub….

Sturt?
Is Hughes injured?

He might be the toughest man on the list, he might be the hardest man (until this week's release) on the squad - but if his fingers being taped like they are means he will have trouble handling a football then he might not be able to play.

I’m not sure not being able to handle a football will affect Hughes’s game much

Damian Hardwick was on the verge of being sacked before they puffed him up with quality support. There us nothing that confirms that he is that good.
I was thinking the same.. 2010 to 2016 made some bottom top 8 appearance.. Mccrae's coming by the end of 2016 (if I am correct about the year) changed things and 3 flags 4 years.. we shouldn't touch Hardwick.. there are many assistant coaches who are aggressive with game plan to choose from.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone know why we always seem to name at least a couple of players in positions they won't actually play? E.g. this time we have Jordan Clark listed on the wing with Aish at half-back. Is there some sort of inside joke?

Does anyone know why we always seem to name at least a couple of players in positions they won't actually play? E.g. this time we have Jordan Clark listed on the wing with Aish at half-back. Is there some sort of inside joke?
The Clark one happens most weeks. Never actually happened from what I have seen. Bogus.

The irony is I'd like Clark to spend some match time on a wing and Aish more time in lockdown role in defence. The first time this year when Clark was named on a wing I was hoping that was a sign of where he'd actually play.

They want to maximise uncertainty, so for a Sunday game it's actually more about who is on the bench then who is on the field. They pick the bench that gives away the least information to the opposition. They then throw the guaranteed 18 in whatever position because that's not giving anything away. They make a half effort to put players in their appropriate position, but every now and then they chuck someone way off where they usually play cause it doesn't really matter anyway.

Those who aren't used to elite work settings don't see the point in this, but it's actually crucial to operate in a way that you don't give your opposition any extra info that they don't already have. That opposition has analysers dedicated to picking your game apart, so if they even have one extra task because you've hidden your hand, then you're at an advantage - they're wasting time on something that in the end doesn't matter.

Everything with fine margins is like this. Chess for example - a grand master might plan to make a radical move on move 10 of a particular opening, but they can only play it once. After they've played it the opposition will study it knowing you play that move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They want to maximise uncertainty, so for a Sunday game it's actually more about who is on the bench then who is on the field. They pick the bench that gives away the least information to the opposition. They then throw the guaranteed 18 in whatever position because that's not giving anything away. They make a half effort to put players in their appropriate position, but every now and then they chuck someone way off where they usually play cause it doesn't really matter anyway.

Those who aren't used to elite work settings don't see the point in this, but it's actually crucial to operate in a way that you don't give your opposition any extra info that they don't already have. That opposition has analysers dedicated to picking your game apart, so if they even have one extra task because you've hidden your hand, then you're at an advantage - they're wasting time on something that in the end doesn't matter.

Everything with fine margins is like this. Chess for example - a grand master might plan to make a radical move on move 10 of a particular opening, but they can only play it once. After they've played it the opposition will study it knowing you play that move.
I'm just not sure I understand why you would bother swapping just two people. Why not just list everyone out of position so the opposition has no idea at all?

It would make more sense to me if there was a running gag inside the club than them trying to gain an advantage from a strategic perspective.

I’m not sure not being able to handle a football will affect Hughes’s game much

Loop Reaction GIF

It's just some supporters who see a problem in a player debuting as sub. The player getting his debut is just rapt to be selected. As per the article and video in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back