No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...

To be honest, Harks, I didn't hear much that surprised me. Other than the fact that his son was hospitalised days ago and he still hasn't been to see him. But did find time for a radio interview....

A father backing his son under any circumstances and giving unconditional support is fairly natural. But the way he went about it, was a little far fetched to be taken seriously.

Outside of that, it was more of the same from the Hird camp. "Not my fault, it was EVERYONE else..."

I go back to my original point. Before this saga unfolded, the Hird name was gold, there's no way they're allowing this to change that.

And if that means discrediting, degrading, smearing, slurring, vilifying or even ruining others in the process, then that's a small price to pay to maintain their status....

There was plenty there and will inevitably bring up some sore family issues and have one wonder what Allan's motives really are here.

Wonder what Caroline will say? Reckon she won't be swayed by James's situation.
Weird stuff but someone somewhere knows exactly what they're doing. Will it work though?

Literally asked and answered your own question.

Tania is important.

Often wonder if trained dolphins get bored with sardines.
Trained dolphins get mackerels :D

Tania is important because she took all the notes.

They know what they're doing.
Never trust someone that sells themselves as being honest and full of integrity and at the same timing alluding others not to be.

Alan set out to muddy the integrity of the Government, ASADA, Fitzpatrick, Demetriou and MacLachlan and by no means are these guys pure, but they do have a job to do.
Situations have to be handled and as s**t as it may be, sometimes have to be handled through political means.

Had have James backed out early on, none of this would have come about for him.....but no....He watched others slide onto their swords but James was going to prove points here at the expense of the EFC, the players, the supporters etc. No hero here.....regardless of what may yet eventuate.
.....and yet the Cronulla coach Flanagan copped it on the chin, did his time and celebrated a premiership. Ser James got used to being worshipped by the unwashed rabble.

I found it amusing that Hird senior referred to his golden child being made a scapegoat & being thrown under a bus. I seem to remember there was a thread on the HTB keeping count of how many officials/coaches/members of the football department were being thrown under the bus by the golden child.

Realistically, he was the last domino to fall & only after having been paid a cool million not to coach for a season & to enjoy a study trip to Europe & then got found out as a coach when his players were no longer juiced up.

I guess Hird senior has conveniently forgotten how his golden child way laid those who dared to question the supplements program & called on David Corcoran to use his "UN skills" to deal with opposition from Doc Reid. I guess he has also forgotten about the text exchanges between the golden child & Dank around the time of the Dopers game against us & the ANZAC Day clash.

Any suggestion that the AFL had it in for Hird is easily swotted away when considering how the AFL reacted when they became aware the doping program was about to be laid bare. Suffice to say every opportunity was given to ensure nothing untoward would be uncovered.

If Hird senior is going to continue to run this line, he is only doing the golden child a disservice. The time must come when responsibility has to be accepted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cynic in me wonders if James did this so he can now play the victim.

He has tried to pretend he was not responsible and no one listened, maybe this was his subconscious way of garnering sympathy and support.

The cynic in me wonders if James did this so he can now play the victim.

He has tried to pretend he was not responsible and no one listened, maybe this was his subconscious way of garnering sympathy and support.

I don't think it's cynical at all, but rather naive if it hasn't crossed ones mind.

It sure makes for a story though. Maybe not one we really care for, but we're not the ones driving it. Camp Hird are.

And that may well be close to the mark, but to deny the damage his actions had caused the EFC goes beyond just losing a little bit of face.

Listen well to the Alan Hird interview and you may start feeling that the Hird name is just a little more important than other names or others' health.
I was raised by the saying, " You can spit under a rock, eventually someone will notice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back