News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

He would ban anyone who talked s**t about him.
and he refused to comment on the former mod who was charged with child pr0n a few months ago.

The site was good, just the owner was a dick. but most of the others were nice. gaming side could be toxic at times but better than most sites. OT was always better and where i spent most of my time.

I got all my gaming news from Neogaf so this sucks. Hopefully he sells it of or something because there's no way it survives with him at the helm.
it could survive without him. but 11 mods quitting is what will kill it.

Microsoft right now

xqAol3.gif

I'm a long time NeoGAF member. It's where I got this awesome joker popcorn avatar.

It's sad to see the site burned to the ground but if the accusations against EvilLore are true, I applaud the mods and administrators for walking out.

Don't worry fellow Gaffers. We will find a new home.

Gaf is back, OT is dead tho. Evilore is claiming its all made up more people nuking accounts.
Its just Gaming and Gaming community now, so AusGaf survived. but i dont think Gaf can ever rebound with Evilore at the top.

the new forum by some of the mods who quit is launching soon. its called Reset Era.

Both sides of this argument are correct. It is unethical, but it is also necessary to cover the ever-increasing cost of game production...

No it isnt. He did one a few weeks ago on the myth about the cost of games. its just greed so publishers make more money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it isnt. He did one a few weeks ago on the myth about the cost of games. its just greed so publishers make more money.

I was expecting a video explaining that as technology has improved it has remained at the same cost for developers as previously. He doesn't disspell the "myth", he confirms it at the start, that costs to make game are constantly increasing. And then rants about more unethical behaviour. Companies use unethical practices to make money, and people willingly pay for it. Not sure what can be done or said here.

Both sides of this argument are correct. It is unethical, but it is also necessary to cover the ever-increasing cost of game production...
Companies need to get better at making games and keeping cost down, Naughty dog made the first 3 Uncharted games and the Last of Us for the same price as square enix did the first tomb raider reboot.

Up until about 10 years ago the big AAA developers had studios all over the world, including Australia, to keep costs down and churn out games in reasonable times. Don’t understate the impact the GFC had on the games industry. When the USD plummeted it was no longer feasible to pay for off shore studios. The major developers shut down their international studios and are still expected to keep development times in check with what they were before so the company can actually make a profit. I don’t agree with a lot of money grabbing practices currently present in video games but I can sure sympathise given the economic climate, wages and production costs increasing yet I don’t think the price of a new release game has budged in 20 years. I still remember paying $99 for Doom, Crash Bandicoot, Shane Warne cricket and Pandemonium on PS1. In fact given retail competition the price has probably gone down. An interesting comparison would be does increased sales due to gaming being more popular today offset the increased costs.

I was expecting a video explaining that as technology has improved it has remained at the same cost for developers as previously. He doesn't disspell the "myth", he confirms it at the start, that costs to make game are constantly increasing. And then rants about more unethical behaviour. Companies use unethical practices to make money, and people willingly pay for it. Not sure what can be done or said here.

People dump thousands of dollars into Pokie machines as well but that doesn't make it right. The government could easily expand the current games classification system to include gambling mechanics in games. The law simply hasn't caught up with the reality of where this industry is heading. I'm not out to ban games with loot box mechanics but we need to call it what it actually is, and classify our games appropriately.

The idea gaming companies are cash-strapped, human enterprises worthy of our sympathy is incorrect and farcical.

These same companies funnel millions of dollars into offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes and then they cry poor. I can't believe people are dumb enough to fall for that whole "games are expensive to make" bullshit.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me why there is such outrage at NeoGAF?

Nothing has been confirmed, and it's word against word. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but nothing is solid.

He has a history of that sort of behavior, that added with how he dealt with the news of the pedo former mod.

Seems like a lot of former members are going to resetera.

He has a history of that sort of behavior, that added with how he dealt with the news of the pedo former mod.

Seems like a lot of former members are going to resetera.

Yeah fair enough. I just caught up on the "grab her on the ass" fiasco.

NeoGAF forums are really dead at the moment... I have been lurking at the Reset Era forums and they already have 26k members there. Topics are jammed packed with conversation. This really might be the end for NeoGAF.

Is there a way for former NeoGAF members to get into ResetEra? It says my email has been banned by the system administration. Seems weird.

EDIT: Sorted. Had to use a different email account. It doesn't let you use gmail.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back