General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

That ******* idiot on the Australian Pork ad. What a gastronomy gremlin. I want to punch his ******* face in every time he says 6 minutes one side and 2 the other.

Millions of pigs as a result of this prick are being butchered only to be butchered on the stove.

Last edited:
Footy show to Wednesday nights. Marngrook killing them. That's what they get for bringing that s**t sucker Barrett on. Pack of w***ers. At least they talk footy and not trash on Marngrook.

Easily...
1: they only care about WCE when it is a Cousins story or you get a Hawthorn supporter on your journalism staff to publish an anti-WCE article 2 days before a GF
2: Assume that naming any WCE Aboriginal player was close enough.

Jay Clark has been doing a regular podcast lately with Michael Christian from the holden center, which beggars the question, who the hell at Collingwood thought it was a good idea to bring a herald sun journo into the club? The rat was always going to burn us. He runs off and prints a full back page about Lin Jong touring the premises after hours. You can leave now Jay. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. And whoever it was at Collingwood that opened the doors to the enemy, you can leave too. I swear, sometimes I reckon the Magpies are their own worst enemy. We haven't had enough s**t written about us this year already, let's let Jay f**king Clark inside the club.

It seems every single time someone tries to tap the ball to a teammate the tap is called 'clever', when the majority of the time the ball is turned over because of it. Jesse Hogan did one yesterday that went straight to a St. Kilda player he broke away from the congestion and yet it was called a 'clever tap'. There were plenty more on the weekend just gone that were the same.

When did I miss that tapping the ball was actually called 'clever tapping' the ball?

It seems every single time someone tries to tap the ball to a teammate the tap is called 'clever', when the majority of the time the ball is turned over because of it. Jesse Hogan did one yesterday that went straight to a St. Kilda player he broke away from the congestion and yet it was called a 'clever tap'. There were plenty more on the weekend just gone that were the same.

When did I miss that tapping the ball was actually called 'clever tapping' the ball?
I've noticed this too. The knock on is definitely the most revered act in football amongst commentators, even just attempting one is enough.

'Champion Data' studied the injury toll at each club thus far this season, and Sam Landsburger published the findings in the Herald Sun today. Unperturbed that the study finds the Magpies second behind Freo for injuries this year, Sam in true Herald Sun style, turned his crappy article into an exercise in Collingwood bashing. Quite an accomplishment. Such creativity should propel Sam past Robbo as 'head sports writer'. He cried a river for the bulldogs of course. Sam neglected to mention that the Magpies had 5 season ending injuries by round 6, whereas the bulldogs weren't heavily hit until round 17. I guess it didn't fit his agenda. Sam suggested that the study should include players missing due to drug-suspensions, citing Crameri, but ignoring Keefe & Thomas. Again, it doesn't fit his agenda. Just the latest example of the Herald Sun treating the big clubs like s**t, and portraying the small clubs as victims. Boring and predictable. No, I don't read that rag. I came across it at the Pies website. Which raises another question. Why would the Magpie website direct their fans to this kind of crap. Shouldn't they be shielding us from it? Haven't they learnt yet that the press is the enemy? Here's Sam with his mentor. God help him.
upload_2016-7-29_19-58-52.jpeg

i don't have fox so have never been able to watch the EPL and how the poms go about the football commentary.

now the EPL is on sbs as I type with Leicester City @Hull City, soccer commentary is light years ahead. 1 play-by-play, 1 special comments and that's it. no BS throws to the sideline, no BS pre-game with a whole heap of dressing room shots. just a game, a description of what's going on, and any facts and figures that might be relevant re a player. no sign of up to 6 blokes trying to one-up each other with BS as if they're at the pub conversing about the game among themselves.

After-match pressers - jesus f***ing christ. What a pack of a**holes. They spend 10 minutes looking for headlines instead of asking about the game. Why would anyone want to coach when you have to deal with these pricks. They clearly have no genuine interest in the game. I want to see a coaches boycott. Even if you're not a pies fan, check out Buckley's presser tonight. It's one for the ages. If he doesn't show up next week, I'll happily pay the fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another campaignering article sinking the boots into Bartel.

Where the **** has this come from and why are these campaigners trying to run one of the AFL's all-time greats out of the game?

THE toughest decision a coach can ever make is to axe a player from his club. Second to this — and only just — is to drop a player from a final.It’s harder still when that player is a leader and a champion.Geelong coach Chris Scott faces a huge decision this week.Does he keep Jimmy Bartel in the preliminary final team for his big game experience, his on-field voice and his Brownlow skills?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/3cc613463d03706ffd709fb333df6d95

This is disgusting and the AFL needs to tell the papers to back the * off. For any and all players.

"GWS were conceived in the AFL commission boardroom. They were born in 2012 and came of age last Friday when they disarmed Hawthorn, the most potent and influential team of the decade. The hat-trick Hawks were starved of the ball. They could not fetch it themselves nor filch it from the Giants."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/2f946d60be709da87e7bb4a190acaac8
mpjeAkv.png

LOL

If you ever wonder why Seven carry on like idiots up check out the response from the average **** on Seven's facebook to Darcy carrying on.

I bag 7, especially that Saturday night team, as much as the next person.

But I loved Darcy's call at the end of the game the other night. It's not "Leo Barry you star", nor is it "the miracle on grass" - but when you consider the context of Darcy's history with the club, it's not far behind IMO.

David ******* King making a blatantly obvious statement followed by 'we know that'.

******* shits me to tears, and if you haven't noticed it already, you'll notice it from here on in and you'll want to violently headbutt a toddler every time you hear it.

"Gary Ablett is a great player - we know that"

Two ******* sentences later:

"Jake Stringer had a bad year - we know that"

SHUT THE * UP - WE KNOW THAT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back