Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside can anyone remember a wetter start to the season? We have played 3 wet weather games out of 7 possible (Marvel obviously not possible) which seems nuts for this early.

As an aside can anyone remember a wetter start to the season? We have played 3 wet weather games out of 7 possible (Marvel obviously not possible) which seems nuts for this early.
Unless they choose to water the ground an hour before the game. :rolleyes:

Pre-Rd8 had the softest draw to that point (by ladder position) and the hardest remaining schedule.

We have the hardest remaining schedule and softest pre round 8 draw?

We've been blessed with a pretty soft draw. We don't even have to play Melbourne.

We've been blessed with a pretty soft draw. We don't even have to play Melbourne.

Would be weird for the dogs to have had a softer draw than us when we’ve played one less bottom 6 team than they and have a better record against top 8 sides. We do have a pretty good run home though - barring geelong in Geelong last round we have 6 more games against current bottom 6 teams.

Would be weird for the dogs to have had a softer draw than us when we’ve played one less bottom 6 team than they and have a better record against top 8 sides. We do have a pretty good run home though - barring geelong in Geelong last round we have 6 more games against current bottom 6 teams.
I think our schedule in practice has been much tougher than it seems with ladder position. We have played 3 sides now considered a lock for finals, as well as three sides I would say are ‘in the hunt’ in Freo, St Kilda and GWS. The big thing is we have 6/14 remaining matches against current top 8 sides which is a pretty fair number as well as 1 more against a contender.

Catch is the 7 leftover games are all against the sides from 12th to 17th. We can make top 4 just off those games.

Not sure how they come to that conclusion when we’ve played the same amount of top 8 sides as the dogs and one less bottom 6 side.

Draw analysis is such rubbish. Start of year David King says our first 6 weeks were incredibly difficult. All that matters is the W/L column doesn’t matter who you beat. Pies were a kick off a flag in 2018 and beat ONE top 8 side throughout the H&A season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how they come to that conclusion when we’ve played the same amount of top 8 sides as the dogs and one less bottom 6 side.

Draw analysis is such rubbish. Start of year David King says our first 6 weeks were incredibly difficult. All that matters is the W/L column doesn’t matter who you beat. Pies were a kick off a flag in 2018 and beat ONE top 8 side throughout the H&A season.
The whole media analysis is rubbish. Before round one they look at your draw and rate it in terms of who you play based on last years ladder. A couple of rounds into the season, that goes out the window because they start factoring this years top 8 which obviously changes from week to week. I.E. we win against Saints round 2, which is great what with them being finalists in 2020 - next week they get beaten by ESS, so not so great.

I just hope we, and any intelligent club, ignore all of this utter crap.

At this stage I’d rather our draw is as difficult as possible, have to get used to beating top teams otherwise you might as well not show up. Games v Port, Brisbane, WCE, Geelong and Dogs x2 will define our season. They’re also the games we’ll be looking forward to most.

Does anyone know if you can collect the 2021 members scarf from the Demon Shop on game day?

I'm heading in for my first match on Sunday. The member site says it can be collected Mon-Fri, but coming in from outside Melbourne that's not possible and I'm hoping they can hand one out before the game, but maybe covid restrictions mean the shop is closed?

If I can avoid the club having to post it I'd much prefer that option.

At this stage I’d rather our draw is as difficult as possible, have to get used to beating top teams otherwise you might as well not show up. Games v Port, Brisbane, WCE, Geelong and Dogs x2 will define our season. They’re also the games we’ll be looking forward to most.

Unfortunately our draw is soft as s**t as we’re only able to play teams below us on the ladder

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

2 girls 1 cup?
once you see you can never unsee it

On a side note, I once watched a 10 min doco type thing on the making of the clip and how they got the chocolate softserve ext. No idea how or why I watched that

Does anyone know if you can collect the 2021 members scarf from the Demon Shop on game day?

I'm heading in for my first match on Sunday. The member site says it can be collected Mon-Fri, but coming in from outside Melbourne that's not possible and I'm hoping they can hand one out before the game, but maybe covid restrictions mean the shop is closed?

If I can avoid the club having to post it I'd much prefer that option.
Head to the Demon shop shouldn't be a problem. I did it in round 4 there was a lady handing it to people who were queuing up. So it was a quick process. It's round 9 now so there shouldn't be a queue at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back