Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lots of chatter that we may be quite ruthless with our players who are OOC, I thought I would look at who is on that list...

Agree with most of your analysis, but I would give Jones the option of another year if he wants to play on. I think ANB is contracted until 2021 too?

It will be interesting to see if list sizes go down or not. 2x Wagner's, Dunkley, KK and Brown are almost certain to be gone, that's 4-5 free spots already, which is plenty given we don't have a first round pick at this stage.

Indeed you're right about ANB. Interesting then that we apparently used the fact he is fighting for his career as part of his tribunal defence...

I had a night game in Alice a few years back, it was around April at the time, but it was bloody awful. Ridiculously dry, it was an asthmatic's (which I am) nightmare. Hopefully the boys take their puffers and their lip balms.

AFL have confirmed everyone else gets a bye except for us and Essendon with our bye being in round 3

Lots of chatter that we may be quite ruthless with our players who are OOC, I thought I would look at who is on that list...

- Nietschke: Mahoney confirmed he would be re-signed when he did his 2nd ACL, don't know if that changes with proposed list reductions. Is he in QLD?
- Bradtke: Has been some scuttlebutt that he is tracking really well. May get a chance to keep growing
- Fritsch: 2-3 year extension
- Spargo: If Sunday is an indicator, deserves another year
- C. Wagner: Gooone
- Bennell: 2 years
- Petty: Still have big hopes for him. Depends on injury status but would assume re-signs
- Viney: Sign him up. 3-4 years
- Jordon: Really want to see him in action. Hopefully soon
- Lockhart: 2-3 years for sure. Jet
- Hunt: I like him, but might be time for a tough call
- J.Smith: It's him or OMac. One or the other
- J. Wagner: Gooone
- Chandler: If we don't see him soon, assume gone.
- Dunkley: As above
- Hore: I really hope we keep him, but not entirely confident that the Club rates him as highly as I do...
- Hibberd: 1-2 years
- Jonesy: Retirement looms. Genuine shame he won't break Club games record IMO
- Brown: Gooone unless we're going to play him
- Hannan: 2 years
- OMac: Him or JSmith. One or the other
- Bedford: If we don't see him soon, assume gone
- Sparrow: Assume gets another couple of years
- ANB: Assume gone. Hard to justify keeping him

Trade bait: Preuss

Big guns who we could possibly trade if price was right: Brayshaw, Harmes (prefer to keep)

Believe KK has one more year. Assume some sort of mutual parting of ways here?
Agree with your assessment. It would be a travesty if we don't resign Hore - he is best 22 imo.

- Nietschke: Mahoney confirmed he would be re-signed when he did his 2nd ACL, don't know if that changes with proposed list reductions. Is he in QLD?
- Bradtke: Has been some scuttlebutt that he is tracking really well. May get a chance to keep growing
- Petty: Still have big hopes for him. Depends on injury status but would assume re-signs
- Hore: I really hope we keep him, but not entirely confident that the Club rates him as highly as I do...

Big guns who we could possibly trade if price was right: Brayshaw, Harmes (prefer to keep)

whats ruthless about that? getting rid of the trash and excess as you should.

Lever's toughness these past two weeks in particular can't be underestimated either, has coped some big hits standing his ground in the hole.

I like the fact hes backing himself again now, when he decides to leave his man to cut off an opposition attack it usually saves our bacon. Got burnt once yesterday when May had to deal with that 1 on 2 but I saw three other occasions where he came up and met the ball carrier before they could dispose of the ball. And when he goes he goes hard.

Can see his game and confidence growing.
Yah forgot to mention this actually, hes been crushed a few times lately. Certainly has the bravery of a young Rivers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We better adjust to the humidity and sticky ball quickly if we’re gonna make finals, was a huge issue v Brisbane and Port (to a lesser extent).
True, we're probably fit enough to deal with the extra heat, but we're gonna struggle 100% with the ball. (not much of a change though to our normal skills)

We must be travelling more than any other team in the comp this season.
We literally had 1 true home game. I can't see why we can't set up a home ground in Alice? It's as close as we're gonna get. Really feels like we've been bent over by the AFL this season. We had a great draw initially as well this year.

So our full fixture is looking like the following

1 x Alice Springs
1 x Perth
2 x Adelaide
2 x Cairns
2 x Sydney
3 x Victoria
6 X South East Qland

Add in no planned bye
A game getting cancelled a day out
A game v an opponent and the venue getting changed 3 days out

To be fair if we end up playing finals it is going to be a pretty decent effort considering the * around we have had. i know all teams have been off put a bit this year but ours looks brutal

So our full fixture is looking like the following

1 x Alice Springs
1 x Perth
2 x Adelaide
2 x Cairns
2 x Sydney
3 x Victoria
6 X South East Qland

Add in no planned bye
A game getting cancelled a day out
A game v an opponent and the venue getting changed 3 days out

To be fair if we end up playing finals it is going to be a pretty decent effort considering the fu** around we have had. i know all teams have been off put a bit this year but ours looks brutal

Tbh still not sure if Goodwin is actually any good but if we beat the Pies missing finals would take a fair choke.

Tbh still not sure if Goodwin is actually any good but if we beat the Pies missing finals would take a fair choke.
Especially with a fairly easy fixture coming up

Saint are 5th but falling
Collingwood 7th but struggling
GWS 8th I expect them to pick up
Bulldogs 10th inconsistent
Essendon 11th ditto Bulldogs but not as good
Fremantle 14th can be dangerous
Sydney 17th lol

Do you reckon we'll be delisting players that are still under contract?

I could understand paying KK out, but you'd think they'd keep ANB on the list, at least until his contract expires.

Do you reckon we'll be delisting players that are still under contract?

I could understand paying KK out, but you'd think they'd keep ANB on the list, at least until his contract expires.
Considering list sized as the salary cap will be reduced their ain't a hope in hell we delist blokes under contract

I'm pretty sure someone would give us something for a player like ANB. Even if it is only a 5th or 6th rounder, you complete the goal of getting them off your books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back