Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Woo. Wowee. COVID scare at Melbourne B&F! Heard this from outside with the telly on in the background and the report from 9 news sounded dead vague anyways before the topic moved to BBQ safety over the holidays.

Does anyone know anything?

Yep. I know I went to the B&F, got the SMS saying I need to be tested, and couldn’t get tested because despite the websites saying testing centres are open until 5pm they were all closed by 4:15 😡

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
It's a rare feeling knowing you're going to enjoy the upcoming season of football no matter what.
Of course I want us to go back to back but having a premiership under the belt really lets you relax and the losses don't seem so bad if/when they come.
Fingers crossed covid fu**s off for a bit.
Has the veil of negativity been destroyed or will it come back with vengeance when Gus’ first kick sails out of bounds on the full?

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Woo. Wowee. COVID scare at Melbourne B&F! Heard this from outside with the telly on in the background and the report from 9 news sounded dead vague anyways before the topic moved to BBQ safety over the holidays.

Does anyone know anything?

Can't believe the news is so obsessed with afl players getting covid

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Can't believe the news is so obsessed with afl players getting covid
I don’t really get it either. It seems inevitable for a fair few of us.

I guess one thing is people might start to believe that long Covid is a thing if previously infected teams perform poorly? * let’s hope not though

I don’t really get it either. It seems inevitable for a fair few of us.

I guess one thing is people might start to believe that long Covid is a thing if previously infected teams perform poorly? fu** let’s hope not though
Apparently a bunch of Swans players and staff got it this week too. Hopefully omicron is as mild as some folks reckon.

King Kunta

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pinched this photo from another another board, but here's our 2022 jumper with the gold AFL logo.
4EEC7B87-2335-428E-B0C7-AE298F1FF5E0.jpeg

King Kunta

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is this a tradition? Premiers get to do this? Or teams can do whatever they want?
Reigning premiers have the gold logo on their jumper. Been around longer than I thought, to be honest I only noticed it after Richmond's win in '17.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Reigning premiers have the gold logo on their jumper. Been around longer than I thought, to be honest I only noticed it after Richmond's win in '17.

I reckon I first remember it for Collingwood in 11. I remember thinking of course Collingwood want it introduced for themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Pinched this photo from another another board, but here's our 2022 jumper with the gold AFL logo.View attachment 1302439

Would have been better if we had a golden v that separated the red and the blue .

Also, it might be my OCD in play here but the AFL logo looks like it "weighs" a little too "heavy" on the red portion rather than the blue portion of the v-section of the jumper. if it was a quarter to 3/4 of an inch closer to the right armpit/blue portion of the v-section part it would look better.

The Zurich logo has the wrong shade of blue. It needs to be a more purple blue to blend in.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Re-watched the Essendon match from earlier in the year..

Essendon supporters clearly biggest flogs in the league

Correct have always grossly overrated their team. I haven't re-watched this game because it was terrible. I was thinking about it recently though, I feel essendon tried their best to beat us by being defensive but at the end of the day they weren't good enough. The thing is Melbourne were in such terrible form and essendon still weren't good enough. Yeah Melbourne may have got a better end of the umpiring but essendon supporters forget the fact it was 23 scoring shots to 17.

Re-watched the Essendon match from earlier in the year..

Essendon supporters clearly biggest flogs in the league
Can confirm this

Like Carlton supporters, holding on to the relevance they had 20+ years ago

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Essendon and Carlton were probably on par from 09 to 13 but for some reason I only found Essendon supporters to be arrogant. I may not of noticed Carlton supporters because I think I rated them better at the time. I think that was because Carlton for some reason gave Melbourne a hard time, where Melbourne seem to give essendon a good run particularly 10 to 12. There was that bruise free game against Carlton in 2010, Melbourne looked nowhere near Carlton yet the next week touched up essendon. Yes there was that 148 game in 2013 but flogging Melbourne in 2013 was like shooting fish in a barrel. I think the other thing was Carlton at least looked competitive in finals, just missing a preliminary final in 2011. Where well we know essendons records in finals. In retrospect both teams really have been meh in the last 20 years.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Anyone indulging in a Christmas Grand Final replay with the family this week? Cant wait to relive it again but this time with a glass of my recently purchased Dees GF Whiskey.

Sadly I don’t have anyone to watch it with, but I watch the “Melbourne Blitz” (second half of quarter 3 (trademark pending)), at least once a week.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Sadly I don’t have anyone to watch it with, but I watch the “Melbourne Blitz” (second half of quarter 3 (trademark pending)), at least once a week.
I might do a full GF New Years thing while drinking champagne - then moving onto whatever else is drinkable once the champagne is gone

I've just done a replay of the eagles vikes NFC championship game with a few beers.

Essendon and Carlton were probably on par from 09 to 13 but for some reason I only found Essendon supporters to be arrogant. I may not of noticed Carlton supporters because I think I rated them better at the time. I think that was because Carlton for some reason gave Melbourne a hard time, where Melbourne seem to give essendon a good run particularly 10 to 12. There was that bruise free game against Carlton in 2010, Melbourne looked nowhere near Carlton yet the next week touched up essendon. Yes there was that 148 game in 2013 but flogging Melbourne in 2013 was like shooting fish in a barrel. I think the other thing was Carlton at least looked competitive in finals, just missing a preliminary final in 2011. Where well we know essendons records in finals. In retrospect both teams really have been meh in the last 20 years.
The one difference between them for me is at least carlton supporters didn't try to defend their team cheating.

That and some carlton supports i know are very pessimistic, whereas Essendon supporters always think they're going to have that break through year due to them constantly getting to and failing in september, and if ever the word rebuild or youth is mentioned rather than be patient it's 'THE MODERN BABY BOMBERS'

ACTUALLY * it, i wasn't going to go off but i am, Essendon supporters are far worse than carlton in my eyes, and here are some reasons why;

Their team literally is caught cheating, but they're being victimised by the afl and asada

Hibberd like any player that leaves becomes the traitor and was boo'd in all games after, now that's fair. But when we won the GF they all started going off how Hibberd was the one player getting justice on behalf of the banned 34. If you're going to boo him don't flipand try to reclaim him just because he got a premiership

Booing Pendles during the anzac day medal presentation, like seriously get over yourselves. Sure you lost the game and the umpiring was funky, but like come on the game is over, don't take your saltyness about the umpires on a player

The baraging of our players in 2013 after their team had already kicked the s**t out of us. I know our own supporters where doing it, but my god have some respect or at least pity for the opposition, instead of jeering the players off whom are near mentally broken

And finally, Booing your own players! not the smart arse cheer, but actually booing

i could go on for much longer, but i'm affraid i'd run out of space on bigfooty to type. They are the worse supporter group in the league by far, i even have them ahead of collingwood whom are fairly bad but their reputation hides essendon from being the worse

Last edited:
ACTUALLY fu** it, i wasn't going to go off but i am, Essendon supporters are far worse than carlton in my eyes, and here are some reasons why;

Their team literally is caught cheating, but they're being victimised by the afl and asada

Hibberd like any player that leaves becomes the traitor and was boo'd in all games after, now that's fair. But when we won the GF they all started going off how Hibberd was the one player getting justice on behalf of the banned 34. If you're going to boo him don't flipand try to reclaim him just because he got a premiership

Booing Pendles during the anzac day medal presentation, like seriously get over yourselves. Sure you lost the game and the umpiring was funky, but like come on the game is over, don't take your saltyness about the umpires on a player

The baraging of our players in 2013 after their team had already kicked the sh*t out of us. I know our own supporters where doing it, but my god have some respect or at least pity for the opposition, instead of jeering the players off whom are near mentally broken

And finally, Booing your own players! not the smart arse cheer, but actually booing

i could go on for much longer, but i'm affraid i'd run out of space on bigfooty to type. They are the worse supporter group in the league by far, i even have them ahead of collingwood whom are fairly bad but their reputation hides essendon from being the worse

Good post, completely agree, they are by far the worst in my eyes also.

Their arrogance and superiority complex despite being absolute losers for 20 years now is truly unbelievable, they point fingers and blame others, never their own fault, worst of all the majority of them cant laugh at themselves, genuinely unlikeable fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back