General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dakar has started and Price got his title defence off to a safe start, finishing the first stage 17th, 80 seconds off the lead. He then won the second stage and took the race lead by about 2.5 minutes. Fellow Aussie, Rod ******er, sits an impressive 13th in the standings riding for Yamaha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaand, Toby's title defence is over after a crash last night left him with a busted femur. :(
Poor bugger, it shows you how dangerous this event and how winning it even once was a massive achievement.

**** that wouldn't be pleasant

Heading to the Grand Annual Sprintcar Classic at Warrnambool this weekend, looking like over 100 sprintcars again, will be an awesome 3 days of speedway, going to Mt Gambier on thursday on the way, you going AdelaideFan14 ?

Nah, will be watching it online. Should be 4 good nights of racing for you. Have you got pre-purchased tickets for the Classic?

Nah, will be watching it online. Should be 4 good nights of racing for you. Have you got pre-purchased tickets for the Classic?
yeah it was a last minute thing (thought we were working) in the terrace, bay closest to the back straight about 4 rows back, 107 cars at last count.

How have you found clayperview?

yeah it was a last minute thing (thought we were working) in the terrace, bay closest to the back straight about 4 rows back, 107 cars at last count.

How have you found clayperview?
There's been nice car counts this month between the Darley, the Classic and the Australian title. Clayperview has been pretty good the times I've used it. Sometimes the video quality can drop a little watching live but I think that's due to the internet connection not a problem on their end. It's better quality when watching the archived races.

There's been nice car counts this month between the Darley, the Classic and the Australian title. Clayperview has been pretty good the times I've used it. Sometimes the video quality can drop a little watching live but I think that's due to the internet connection not a problem on their end. It's better quality when watching the archived races.
Would love foxtel to get it but cant see that happening in the near future.
Looks like a good chance of rain Thursday night at the mount which would be disappoint seeing as boxing day at speedway park was shortened and murray bridge on the 27th was cancelled.

Would love foxtel to get it but cant see that happening in the near future.
Looks like a good chance of rain Thursday night at the mount which would be disappoint seeing as boxing day at speedway park was shortened and murray bridge on the 27th was cancelled.

I think foxtel (and one) in recent years has had the Darley Race and the Classic as part of their sprintcar coverage - not live though. I don't have foxtel so not sure if they do this or not, but they should definitely try and get the Chili Bowl live coverage that gets produced for MavTV - such an awesome event. Murray Bridge has had a pretty hard run with the weather this year. When it's not being rain affected, it's either been boiling hot or freezing cold. It doesn't look like heavy rain at this stage for Mt. Gambier so they might be lucky and get the event in.

He's a fair driver is Ogier. A spectator was killed during the event too I believe, very very sad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back