Get to Footy Park and support our boys this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I would love to see a packed crowd next weekend at the Showdown. Not because it may give the minnows down the road some extra coin, but because it means that the 19th man is a real thing.

We will all watch the Carlton Collingwood game this arvo, and both those clubs support their blockbuster. It is time we embraced our Showdown, and this means attending the "away" one in numbers to support our club.

Got my ticket. Love the away Showdowns. Usually the best atmosphere at a game for the season.

Port should be up and about after their two wins so you'd think 44,000.

Can't wait.

Only if we get segregation.

:rolleyes:

My dad is a moron who has a short fuse. 1 or 2 stupid Port scum can set him off making me embarrassed to be around him.
I'm happy to mix it up with Port fans when he's not around, but when he is, I'd let him fight the wolves by himself, it would be his own god damn fault.

My dad is a moron who has a short fuse. 1 or 2 stupid Port scum can set him off making me embarrassed to be around him.
I'm happy to mix it up with Port fans when he's not around, but when he is, I'd let him fight the wolves by himself, it would be his own god damn fault.
Oh, ok then!

Nothing better than a 50/50 crowd at a game of footy. Love going to the ANZAC day match or even us at an interstate final when we get a good turn out... and after last nights low crowd even though they are up and about early, you would think we will have a good percentage of the crowd again. Hopefully enough of us that they need to take the bay covers off anyway.

Something Port would do so effectively to us in years gone by was bring us crashing back to earth with grit and assertive football when we thought we were on a bit of a run. Chance to show some strength as a club this week and level the showdown tally. Get around the lads :thumbsu:

Nothing better than a 50/50 crowd at a game of footy. Love going to the ANZAC day match or even us at an interstate final when we get a good turn out... and after last nights low crowd even though they are up and about early, you would think we will have a good percentage of the crowd again. Hopefully enough of us that they need to take the bay covers off anyway.

I don't think the crowd was that small. It certainly felt packed there even though the bay covers were removed and the atmosphere was awesome. There are many, including officials, who believe the crowd number was off for whatever reason. Anyway, onto next week and you guys will rightly start as favourites but I'm looking forward to a great contest.Port are back to playing exciting attacking footy that gets the crowd involved and the team would be looking forward to testing themselves against a finalist from last year to see how far they have come. The atmosphere should be huge so get along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't get there as I live in Melbourne, but did go to the Coll v Carl match yesterday as a neutral. The atmosphere was awesome. Getting a near 50/50 crowd should be the aim, and I'd definitely be there if I was in Adelaide.

I don't think the crowd was that small. It certainly felt packed there even though the bay covers were removed and the atmosphere was awesome. There are many, including officials, who believe the crowd number was off for whatever reason. Anyway, onto next week and you guys will rightly start as favourites but I'm looking forward to a great contest.Port are back to playing exciting attacking footy that gets the crowd involved and the team would be looking forward to testing themselves against a finalist from last year to see how far they have come. The atmosphere should be huge so get along.

You're not the only one. Our game v Essendon was only 42,000, and many of us didn't see where 9,000 other people would fit. I reckon they've been fudging the numbers for years.

You're not the only one. Our game v Essendon was only 42,000, and many of us didn't see where 9,000 other people would fit. I reckon they've been fudging the numbers for years.
there is something very fishy about the crowd count IMO - when they said only 25k for the Power game I was very suprised.

that being said, I'm going, but I almost reconsidered when a smart arse Rucci started mouthing off.

honestly, I'm thinking of becoming a Journo, Rucci and most of the advertiser write such poor quality articles I don't understand how they get paid.

1stly, a Crows v Power Game is not a Collingwood v Carlton game, so stop the comparison right there.

just because we are a two team town that doesn't mean there has to be a rivalry as strong as say a Carlton v Collingwood. If there is, or was to be it will develop, forcing it out of shame won't work

secondly, demeaning the people you are begging to come to the game also isn't going to work, what ever peoples reason for not going is valid in their eyes - perhaps being constructive and offering alternatives may help.

Thirdly, buying a 12th game could actually be cost prohibitive - and we don't have the neutrals to cover the gap.

Perhaps, just perhaps a good showdown crowd is only in the 30's for Port and the early 40's for Crows home games? flogging a dead horse and trying to shame people to the game isn't going to work.

Not going then Cap. I will be going for the first time in a number of years. I went to the first 18 shodowns, missed one and then to the next few but in recent years I have missed the away showdown purely because of other commitments and not bothering about buying tickets. I have my father in law's tickets for this game and I will be in the middle of the Port masses which should be fun. Will be a cracker of a game. Crows by 39 points.

I like how Rucci states more people are kicked out of Crows games than Power games... Failing to mention they have half the people in the first place. I think a lot of the reason for the low crowd is because Port just havent been relevant for the last few years, I would much rather watch us beat a Collingwood, Geelong, Hawks etc. With two big wins for Port.... well hopefully their is a bit of atmosphere at this game.

As for the Crowd numbers. Maybe they are a little low, I dont know but no where near the amount they wish. Friday night their were still almost 10000 seats, plus whatever hadn't been sold in general admission available, subtract Crows SANFL members and no shows.

Not going then Cap. I will be going for the first time in a number of years. I went to the first 18 shodowns, missed one and then to the next few but in recent years I have missed the away showdown purely because of other commitments and not bothering about buying tickets. I have my father in law's tickets for this game and I will be in the middle of the Port masses which should be fun. Will be a cracker of a game. Crows by 39 points.
Oh I'm going, I just understand why people don't.

I've been to all but about 3 of them and they have never ever provided an atmosphere that is substantially better than say, when the Crows take on the Big 4 or the Eagles/Freo.

Generally, there is just more petty angst, the sledging is abusive rather than in good nature and from my experience the screen crap they put up takes away from the match.

Showdowns are overrated and get the attention they deserve. I honestly don't understand why we need to try and create a rivalry, Port are just another team that happen to be in the same city, that in itself just isn't the basis of a rivalry.

Oh I'm going, I just understand why people don't.

I've been to all but about 3 of them and they have never ever provided an atmosphere that is substantially better than say, when the Crows take on the Big 4 or the Eagles/Freo.

Generally, there is just more petty angst, the sledging is abusive rather than in good nature and from my experience the screen crap they put up takes away from the match.

Showdowns are overrated and get the attention they deserve. I honestly don't understand why we need to try and create a rivalry, Port are just another team that happen to be in the same city, that in itself just isn't the basis of a rivalry.

This, this and this. I don't feel any real "hatred" or dislike for them, I just consider them another team in the comp. In fact, I say good on them for actually doing something and making progress.

Hoping to go 2-1 and get the season going again. Brisbane win was very important for momentum and confidence.

And yes, I should be there.

What is with Rucci perputuating the myth that Crows fans don't go to away Showdowns because they're scared of Power fans?

Does he not realise a season ticket doesn't cover the away Showdown? Supporters from both games always think twice about away showdowns, because they can't be assed spending more money when they already have forked out for a season ticket. It really is as simple as that.

Michelangelo - get in the real world, and stop making s**t up.

I have a ticket for this weekend but I also realise many other people aren't as fortunate.

What is with Rucci perputuating the myth that Crows fans don't go to away Showdowns because they're scared of Power fans?

Does he not realise a season ticket doesn't cover the away Showdown? Supporters from both games always think twice about away showdowns, because they can't be assed spending more money when they already have forked out for a season ticket. It really is as simple as that.

Michelangelo - get in the real world, and stop making s**t up.

I have a ticket for this weekend but I also realise many other people aren't as fortunate.

It's not just Rucci. Their marketing team had an entire campaign going in the paper last year. With crap about knitting needles and the like.

Maybe if their own fans rocked up...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back