ultimate warrior

Senior List
Jul 21, 2008
Dandy
AFL Club
Geelong
ok daz, here goes
we need to go young next year with mid acquisitions
if merrett or j.kelly available, one of them for disposal numbers and accuracy would suit our gamestyle
a well established ruckman to guide our new kids would be brilliant too. A Naismith or Witts would suffice
Naismith coming off 2 acls would be a great recruit 🧐

I would like to get Stevie J back as a assistant coach
Might be a while as he seems settled in Sydney - isn't he now on a 3 year deal at GWS

It might require a senior gig for him to move

Beat me to it lol.

First thing you think of when his name is mentioned. Second one is Lonergan making him his b*tch in the 2011 gf.
Just as well; he had made Harry look ordinary. Was rapt that Lonergan was able to retire as a key player in a premiership team.

Beat me to it lol.

First thing you think of when his name is mentioned. Second one is Lonergan making him his b*tch in the 2011 gf.
He kicked the biggest goals I’ve ever seen live that day....then Lonergan went to him and did exactly as you said. Big sausages though.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
He kicked the biggest goals I’ve ever seen live that day....then Lonergan went to him and did exactly as you said. Big sausages though.
He was always more accurate 50 to 60m out from goal. The goal he kicked from the boundary line in front of the MCC was sublime. Honestly thought it was game over right there and then.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
To bring back the coke supply to Gtown? haha... jk, though that's what I heard from someone. Might be BS.

I think StevieJ has a good footy brain. Probably would be good at the club tbh.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
ok daz, here goes
we need to go young next year with mid acquisitions
if merrett or j.kelly available, one of them for disposal numbers and accuracy would suit our gamestyle
a well established ruckman to guide our new kids would be brilliant too. A Naismith or Witts would suffice

My preference is draft but whether or not I like , the club will continue to look at trading with a moneyball mindset. Th bets value tends to be older guys which cost little and give you a PnP situation for 2 years , hopefully more. Id guess if we looked pre-draft era .. alot of trading might have been for that type of period of games...probably a trevor poole situation would be ideal get them at 26 and we get 4 years.. but in a FA era... a player 28-30 cost little and gives us max bang for cost.

If we can blend that we some good younger selections great... cause sooner are or later our talent level will not be refreshed with old guy bargains.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Watching the first hit out ... I liked the small snippets I saw of Neale, and it looks like DeKoning has grown that much , who knows were he finishes..Apparently he has impressed several at the club ant they see hims another player like Blitz very flexible ...

but does that mean we still need to look at possible tall defenders at years end? It seems like Henderson and Blitz were the two talls to get a run against Collingwood, and it only seems like yesterday that Henderson's future was looking smelly.

So with the addition of three ruck sized players the last two years... which role do we think we be the most needed. Is KPF or KPD?

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Watching the first hit out ... I liked the small snippets I saw of Neale, and it looks like DeKoning has grown that much , who knows were he finishes..Apparently he has impressed several at the club ant they see hims another player like Blitz very flexible ...

but does that mean we still need to look at possible tall defenders at years end? It seems like Henderson and Blitz were the two talls to get a run against Collingwood, and it only seems like yesterday that Henderson's future was looking smelly.

So with the addition of three ruck sized players the last two years... which role do we think we be the most needed. Is KPF or KPD?
I would hope we've successfully taken care of KPF, for at least a while.

BennyGan

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong

probably all depends where they play SDK, he will likely be the long term replacement for either Tommy or Hendo

Small side issue.
Eastern Ranges -all teams 2021 being coached by Travis Cloke
Geelong Falcons -all teams 2021 being coached by Tom Lonergan.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

I thought Neale was quite clean with ball use. SDK looks very agile, probably very much like a Blitz in style of play, which is great.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought Neale was quite clean with ball use. SDK looks very agile, probably very much like a Blitz in style of play, which is great.

Neal looks like he will needs some time in the weight room . SDK getting time in the ruck V Grundy... they must think he has a chance to become a ruckman..

and I thought Freddie showed enough to at least persist... but he looks more a natural forward to me. Im not sure he is steady enough in the backline for AFL.

I also liked Atkins down back, which I called for last year at soem stage. Seems obvious when he like hitting bodies and we have so many FP types.

It is hard to judge needs on a view with players out a weakened side. No Duncan for example or Smith... but I still think our young mid stocks are a bit thin.

Last edited:
He loves it in Sydney and it's his partner that actually wanted to move there for work. He isn't coming back anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back