Gillon stepping down 2022 - Press Conference at 11:30am EST

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 6, 2013
ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is there a thread for this?

Bring back Fat Andy

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan will step down from the role at the end of this season via @RalphyHeraldSun and @MaccaHeraldSun

AFL commission chairman Richard Goyder has just told the 18 club presidents and CEOs that McLachlan has made the call to leave the post, after eight seasons in charge.

It is believed McLachlan has committed to completing the complicated processes attached to new Collective Bargaining Agreements for the women’s and men’s competitions, as well as finalising new club-funding models and a fresh broadcast deal, which expires at the end of 2024.

His departure will leave a massive hole for the game, particularly as it emerges out of two COVID-impacted seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully not a South Australian like last time.

We've had 2 CEO's each from Victoria (Oakley/Demetriou) and 2 from SA (Jackson/Maclachlan). Maybe could use some WA blood in the CEOs office. Although of 4 Chairmen of the Commission its been 2 from Vic (Kennedy/Evans) and 2 from WA (Fitzpatrick/Goyder). #VICBIAS

We've had 2 CEO's each from Victoria (Oakley/Demetriou) and 2 from SA (Jackson/Maclachlan). Maybe could use some WA blood in the CEOs office. Although of 4 Chairmen of the Commission its been 2 from Vic (Kennedy/Evans) and 2 from WA (Fitzpatrick/Goyder). #VICBIAS

Maybe a Tassie person to get the bid across the line. I hear Peter Gutwein is after a new job

Hoping for an ex player/someone who actually cares about the game rather than a businessperson who only cares about $$$.
iEbqJh6.gif

Maybe a Tassie person to get the bid across the line. I hear Peter Gutwein is after a new job

If it was a Commission job, id say go for it. i reckon the league could do with someone to oversee Tassie who gives a damn about the place. Dont quite think hes CEO material at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back