gippsland power

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if you don't get a chance to talk to him, follow him to his car and write down his license plate. Track him down and wait outside his house in the rain.

He will be very impressed with your commitment and will put in a good word for you with Hine.

Don't forget to cook him some rabbit stew, he'll appreciate the smell wafting through his kitchen as he comes through the door.

"Hi honey, just making some casserole. Oh and I washed your undies, just drying on the heater."

:Di made it into gippsland powers team:)
where to now though????:confused:

pie time, well done, huge congrats to you.

Tell us about yourself a little..like footy background so far, what else you do besides footy?

Are you 100% hoping to make footy your career, or your work/study the main focus?

Take it from an oldie who never really reached his sport dreams, give it your best shot, don't be afraid to commit 100.00%

And yeah, talk to guys like Pendles, who often goes to the Ressies games get a few words of wisdom from him, like Sherriff I think, said.

Good luck, have fun, work your guts out at it. And keep us posted!

pie time, well done, huge congrats to you.

Tell us about yourself a little..like footy background so far, what else you do besides footy?

Are you 100% hoping to make footy your career, or your work/study the main focus?

Take it from an oldie who never really reached his sport dreams, give it your best shot, don't be afraid to commit 100.00%

And yeah, talk to guys like Pendles, who often goes to the Ressies games get a few words of wisdom from him, like Sherriff I think, said.

Good luck, have fun, work your guts out at it. And keep us posted!
well footy background not sure where to start really i started when i was 7 and was thrown in the under 14's by the time i was 10.
i managed 4 best and fairests for the club and 3 league best and fairests in that time. at the end of 2009 had a bit of surgery on my knee cause i couldn't walk properly, now back to 100 % fitness and never been better.
and thanks a bunch mate and i will gladly keep use posted with my process cheers guys

well footy background not sure where to start really i started when i was 7 and was thrown in the under 14's by the time i was 10.
i managed 4 best and fairests for the club and 3 league best and fairests in that time. at the end of 2009 had a bit of surgery on my knee cause i couldn't walk properly, now back to 100 % fitness and never been better.
and thanks a bunch mate and i will gladly keep use posted with my process cheers guys

Thanks for that, god i hope you tear it up!

should have read your hole question. With the education thing if the footy doesnt work out i have got an electrition trade to fall back on, since the guy i was doing it with said it would be okay for me to give 100% commitment to footy for now sorry for not answering it straight away.

You sound like a bit of a goer , all the best with Gippy mate.

You sound like a bit of a goer , all the best with Gippy mate.
thanks mate but you dont get in the AFL by being good at 10 years old time to really start playing seriously thanks to all of you blokes cheers guys

By all means give it your best and aim for the holy grail, being drafted (short term holy grail, it all starts again if you get that far), but don't think it was a failed venture if you don't get picked up. I have seen lots of guys get very disenchanted with footy who played at that level and didn't make it, some quitting at a relatively young age, while mates who never got above the local league continue to play at their home club and absolutely love every minute of it.

What an exciting time for you though... I was lucky enough to play some tac cup what feels like a life time ago now. I was no good, but retrospectively I'm humbled to have played with some of the guys I got to, and the process was a very worthwhile experience... I think the competitiveness and work ethic it brought out of me has helped shape successes I have had off the field since. And not making it at AFL just made me determined to 'make it' in another way...

But you're out there and the opportunity is there, that's the exciting thing about the tac cup. Lots of kids come from nowhere and develop in one year, whilst the guy that made all the interleague squads from under 13's up and played vic metro 16's etc etc can sometimes just drop off the side of the planet come 18's. So being there, your hat is in the ring and the possibilities are there!

Love to trade places with you :thumbsu:

Oh and don't be afraid to talk to a player if you see them at a VFL game or something.

Especially if they are an ex gippy boy. They will always always show you some love, everyone remembers where they came from. Just go straight up and tell them where you are playing (and any additional info if it is relevant, i.e. if you have a genuine mutual friend or family member) and ask if they can spare two minutes. If it's the right time and place you might end up leaning against a fence with them for a whole quarter of a game talking and watching, which would be great for you.

I had a funny encounter at a game when I was 16, watching the 18s for my eventual tac side play a game. I was sitting alone and the father of someone playing, who happened to be a premiership player and brownlow medalist, sat next to me on his own. Only took a few mins and he was chatting away to me. Just the two of us almost uninterrupted for 2 hours.

It's so funny to look back on now, but I remember sitting there and hoping everyone walking past who kept staring at him would think I was some young and upcoming gun because he was talking to me! lollls

i have spoken to peter bedford alot he won a brownlow in the 60's that is all i know:)

Hit the [strike]roids[/strike] gym. Go hard and go heavy. :thumbsu:

Glad you posted this, beacuse I've always wanted to ask what "roids" means.

Pie Time, if you make it to Collingwood - dream large - I'd be your Buddy Reporter. I may have recovered from the loss of Rocca by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad you posted this, beacuse I've always wanted to ask what "roids" means.

Pie Time, if you make it to Collingwood - dream large - I'd be your Buddy Reporter. I may have recovered from the loss of Rocca by then.

Steroids.

This is the second time I've had to come to the rescue today. I was asked what a wanger was not long ago...

Ben Johnson.

Due to his namesake from Canada being stripped of the Seoul 1988 Olympic 100m gold medal for anabolic steriod use.

should have read your hole question. With the education thing if the footy doesnt work out i have got an electrition trade to fall back on, since the guy i was doing it with said it would be okay for me to give 100% commitment to footy for now sorry for not answering it straight away.

Thats Ok, sorry for my late response also.

Wow, that's great you've got that arrangement..really gives you every opportunity.

Best of luck from Canberra!!

:Di made it into gippsland powers team:)
where to now though????:confused:

Rigorous training, playing and traveling schedules that separate the committed kids from the non committed kids.

had my final hitout for my old club warragul and probably a quiet game for me 3 goals and 19 touches not what i would have liked.
thanks for all your support boys :)

Ben Johnson.

Due to his namesake from Canada being stripped of the Seoul 1988 Olympic 100m gold medal for anabolic steriod use.

I thought it was him. Poor lad - guilt by association.

Had my final hitout for my old club warragul and probably a quiet game for me 3 goals and 19 touches not what i would have liked. pie time.

3 goals and 19 touches, pie time? You're a gun anyway. Save it up for GP.

just quick post i am in current discussions with vic country* :) .... hoping all goes well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back