Unsolved Girls that went missing from Adelaide Oval 1973

Remove this Banner Ad

This Radan character is ticking all the boxes.
He does, and if his residence at the time was indeed Broadview, it too fits in with the theory that he took the girls along the Torrens and past the Zoo.
Infact it may have been possible to follow the Torrens all the way to Walkerville and only a few streets from Broadview.

Here is the interview with Michelle Lyn!

Michelle's interview:
Victim of Errol George Radan, key person of interest in 1973 Adelaide Oval abduction of Joanne Ratcliffe and Kirste Gordon, speaks out.
A victim of the prime suspect in the 1973 Adelaide Oval abduction has told her story about the “animal” who ruined her life, saying she needed the state to know what he was like.
A victim believes her perpetrator, Errol George Radan, is responsible for the abduction of two girls from Adelaide Oval 50 years ago.
For five decades, Michelle has been keeping her secret – about the man she described as a “ghost” – out of fear she would be publicly shamed and vilified.
Now, after revelations that Radan was being investigated by SAPOL’s Major Crime Investigation Branch for the 1973 abduction of Joanne Ratcliffe, 11, and Kirste Gordon, 4 -became public this week, Michelle said she was ready to share her story.
“After the Major Crime detectives visited Radan in prison in Queensland I asked if they thought he did it,” she said.
“They nodded back at me. But they were never able to get a confession before he died.”
Michelle said she was a victim of Errol Radan in the years after the Adelaide Oval abduction from 1973 to 1978 at a home in Broadview.
“He ruined my life,” she said. “I need Adelaide to know what an animal he was.”
Michelle said Radan lived across the road from her in Broadview and “conned” her parents.
“He said his wife left him and can’t see his kids, so he spoilt me with gifts. Mum and Dad loved him.” she said.
“He kept going missing … it wasn’t until years later they (my parents) found out the truth and he was in jail (in Melbourne).”
Years later, when a new family moved into the Broadview address, a plumber was called to fix the blocked drains.
“The plumber found kids’ clothes, books on child psychology and a scrap book of the missing girls, newspaper clippings,” she said.
Michelle’s involvement in the Adelaide Oval case began when she was contacted by police in 2015.
“They wanted to extradite Radan back to SA, I have no idea how that could have happened,” she said.
“I said I wanted no involvement and to let him die in the Queensland jail.”
Michelle said she eventually signed a form for police not to contact her again “unless required”.
“December 4, 2018, knock knock at the door, I looked and I just knew these two cold-case detectives and I said ‘Radan’, they said ‘sorry Michelle we have to speak to you,’” she said
Michelle told The Advertiser the property that was dug up at Alberton was sold by Radan in the months after Joanne and Kirste were abducted.
“Radan’s adopted brother Geoffrey Radan was the man who reported him to police so many times, as he saw Errol with a shovel, shaking, straight after the girls went missing,” she said.
Old newspaper clippings from The Advertiser in 1949, show Geoffrey Radan ran away from home at age 14.
Michelle said he became estranged from his parents George and Ethel Radan and siblings but reconnected many years later.
She said she eventually became connected with Geoffrey’s family and was told more about the Radan family history.
“When Errol was born she (Ethel) became horrible to Geoffrey,” she said.
“Geoffrey fled across the Nullarbor and never went back home for 14 years. He did go back and see his parents later on when (he) had a family.”
Michelle said Errol married twice and had children, who had all since changed their names.
“When Major Crime flew up in 2019, they got one of his sons to Skype him. This son has not heard from his dad in probably decades,” she said.
“Radan closed his eyes all the way through it.
“I know so much in what (Major Crime Detective Superintendent) Des Bray’s team tried to do.”
Radan ended up in a Queensland prison in 1984 after he was extradited from South Australia.
He pleaded guilty to eight sex offences committed against two children between February 1982 and October 1983.
He was sentenced to an indefinite term of imprisonment. A High Court bid for release in the past decade would fail and he would ultimately die in prison last year.
SA Police confirmed Major Crime detectives travelled to a Queensland prison – where Radan was incarcerated for other matters – in 2019 to conduct inquiries.
Radan declined to be interviewed but police said he could not be eliminated from the investigation, nor could he be incriminated.
Joanne and Kirste disappeared from a SANFL match between North Adelaide and Norwood at Adelaide Oval on Saturday, August 25, 1973.
They were last seen leaving the John Cresswell Stand to go to the toilet at the rear of the stand during the late stages of the third quarter of the game.
Major Crime’s Detective Inspector Mark McEachern said the investigation into the abductions and suspected murders of the girls were ongoing.
Dead Qld pedo not ruled out as Adelaide Oval abduction suspect
The suspicion remains that the male seen leaving with the two girls is the offender in this matter.
“In the 50 years that has passed, police have conducted thousands of lines of inquiry into the disappearance of the girls,” Det Insp McEachern said.
SAPOL has been contacted for further comment.
Thankyou Deni. A very interesting read. Does anyone know what jail he was in?

A few of us knew about this but I was sworn to secrecy at the time, but now it's in the paper it's a free for all..
This is from back in August last year..

Do you think the Radan family destroyed evidence?
They also seemed to have obliterated any photos of him.

A few of us knew about this but I was sworn to secrecy at the time, but now it's in the paper it's a free for all..
This is from back in August last year..

Hi Deni, can I ask, how you got to know this lady? Are you aware of what jail time he received in each state? Was Michelle his only victim in SA, for which he was charged?
Are you privy to why Police say he is the prime suspect?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Deni, can I ask, how you got to know this lady? Are you aware of what jail time he received in each state? Was Michelle his only victim in SA, for which he was charged?
Are you privy to why Police say he is the prime suspect?
Iv'e known Michelle for a few years now from the old Beaumont Facebook pages, she's become a very good friend of ours. We have a small group of like minded people, many a tale has been told in the group which is learnt the hard way if you tattle tale..
Due to a slight comment I made in the public Beaumont groups Wendy Roles publically and personally abused me and went about searching my name anywhere she knew I was a member and there was nothing I could do about it, she really is a nasty person, she pretended to like Michelle so she could get in on MC as she was writing a book..
Poor Michelle was beside herself, she's not a tough person, this whole episode with Radan has nearly destoyed her mentally. Wendy became her emotional support person, she should have got a dog instead, but Wendy was by her side at every interview she had with MC!!

No, Michelle wasn't his only victim in S.A., there was a boy as well, and probably many others..
I'm not aware of any jail time he has got over times he was convicted..
As far as I know Radan was never far from MC's top suspect, it was just very hard to get anything out of him..
Then one day he agreed to be interviewed and it all went down from there, he was a seasoned suspect and knew exactly what to not say or not do..

Iv'e known Michelle for a few years now from the old Beaumont Facebook pages, she's become a very good friend of ours. We have a small group of like minded people, many a tale has been told in the group which is learnt the hard way if you tattle tale..
Due to a slight comment I made in the public Beaumont groups Wendy Roles publically and personally abused me and went about searching my name anywhere she knew I was a member and there was nothing I could do about it, she really is a nasty person, she pretended to like Michelle so she could get in on MC as she was writing a book..
Poor Michelle was beside herself, she's not a tough person, this whole episode with Radan has nearly destoyed her mentally. Wendy became her emotional support person, she should have got a dog instead, but Wendy was by her side at every interview she had with MC!!

No, Michelle wasn't his only victim in S.A., there was a boy as well, and probably many others..
I'm not aware of any jail time he has got over times he was convicted..
As far as I know Radan was never far from MC's top suspect, it was just very hard to get anything out of him..
Then one day he agreed to be interviewed and it all went down from there, he was a seasoned suspect and knew exactly what to not say or not do..
Very interesting. So why do SAPOL believe he took the girls, given there are only two victims that they know of.
I am not trying to diminish what happened to Michelle, but he wasn't a serial Peadofile, with no jail time in SA.
Just trying to gather how police profile a person
Does Michelle have any photos of him?

Very interesting. So why do SAPOL believe he took the girls, given there are only two victims that they know of.
I am not trying to diminish what happened to Michelle, but he wasn't a serial Peadofile, with no jail time in SA.
When have police said they believe he took the girls? only media have said that. Police would keep an open mind and not just be looking at one person.

There's a lot more than two. Errol's got a litany of indecent assault charges against minors going back to when he was 14 (that I'm aware of). Mostly attacks on strangers. With jail time.

Last edited:
There's a lot more than two. Errol's got a litany of indecent assault charges against minors going back to when he was 14 (that I'm aware of). Mostly attacks on strangers. With jail time.
Thankyou for the update. So where can I read up on him? Where did he work?

When have police said they believe he took the girls? only media have said that. Police would keep an open mind and not just be looking at one person.
Ohhhh yes the old media. I won't stop searching for info on my POI then. I'm still waiting on a couple of DNA tests.
Other than that I have hit another brick wall.
Been trying to find an exact year of a party held by the Unley Mayor, pretty sure it was a personal party, in the 60s.
I've emailed the Council, but they don't know.
Put photos on a FB site, no-one has recognised it.
Slow process.

Hart is involved if you really look into it. Still yet to see a photo of radan has anyone seen a photo of him?
I have been researching him in Queensland, as he was in jail here. I have found photos that relate to his court case against being held at his majesty's pleasure. I'm not sure if it is Radan, or the other guy.

Thankyou for the update. So where can I read up on him? Where did he work?
Reading up on him, Radan, was jailed for three years in Qld. It was his initial request to be kept in, so that he could receive treatment. This request, resulted in him never being released..

Given all of the POI's are dead. (The description in 1973 suggested he was over 45 at the time)
If the Police eventually solve it, do you think they will let us know? or just leave it open?
There is actually no-one to prosecute!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back