Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Morrison comes from a family of religious nut jobs?

Imagine if Perrottet gets in at the state level for NSW. Completely next level.

He and his whole extended family are fanatical Opus Dei.

Name a viable successor in the state Liberal party room who can do the job as well as she can? I can’t, and I follow state politics closer than most.

You follow state politics that closely that you think a Premier embroiled in an ICAC investigation is going to survive because there's nobody better to take over?

Really?
That's your spin?

This isn't some internal party squabble. It's ICAC. Even if there was only Ronald McDonald left to run the state, there is no way a Premier survives once their name gets negatively associated with ICAC.

You follow state politics that closely that you think a Premier embroiled in an ICAC investigation is going to survive because there's nobody better to take over?
I said if she survives.

Is English your second language or something? This isn’t the first time your comprehension has been found wanting.

Onto the ignore list for you, I think.

I said if she survives.

Is English your second language or something? This isn’t the first time your comprehension has been found wanting.

Onto the ignore list for you, I think.

Doubling down again.

If she survives it’s because of a lack of viable alternatives.

You're just parrotting LNP BS like all the other right wing ding bats, but you don't have as much credibility as the other right wing ding bats.

Name a viable successor in the state Liberal party room who can do the job as well as she can? I can’t, and I follow state politics closer than most.
Seriously not convinced that's much of a criterion. It's all about what the public will stomach.

Bladders has enormous popularity with the voters (despite basically just being a welcome mat for developers far and wide, but that's for another day) so may well survive, but this does look really, really schitte.

lol she's not resigning. But obviously other NSW LNP have been thirsty for her position. Look at that motion to challenge her leadership after the abortion bill lol. Expect those 3 LNP to raise their voices once again

Where as in reality, its more likely to be option 2 in my opinion.
It does sort of beggar belief that a politician as savvy as she is didn’t have the slightest inkling of what was going on.

I don't see why she wouldn't survive. Current federal government ministers have been accused of worse and they are still around.
I think a lot of people from interstate discount the power of ICAC, which is pretty much the only corruption watchdog in the country that is genuinely feared by politicians.

Multiple premiers and ministers have had their careers ended by inquiries like this, and more often than not it doesn’t require a finding of corrupt conduct. The way proceedings are conducted make it very easy for politicians’ behaviour to be tested in the court of public opinon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's time for the NSW Libs and Nats to mend fences and then promote the wonderful Deputy Premier.

Come on down, Premier John Barilaro!!!

It does sort of beggar belief that a politician as savvy as she is didn’t have the slightest inkling of what was going on.

I think a lot of people from interstate discount the power of ICAC, which is pretty much the only corruption watchdog in the country that is genuinely feared by politicians.

Multiple premiers and ministers have had their careers ended by inquiries like this, and more often than not it doesn’t require a finding of corrupt conduct. The way proceedings are conducted make it very easy for politicians’ behaviour to be tested in the court of public opinon.
The ICAC is going after Daryl Maguire. I don't think glady will be called in again even. ICAC wouldn't be even targeting glady and it might be the last time she is even mentioned in the investigation.

FWIW ABC radio reckons Gladys cannot survive.
Was it by those disgruntled LNP members that called for her to be spilled because of abortion?

Lmao just read the ABC's article on this. If you ever wanted evidence that the ABC isn't some "lefty rag", here it is:
The question is simply over her judgment in putting herself in that position — whereas politically, she's never been a stronger force.

Over the past 12 months, Ms Berejiklian has racked up a mostly impeccable record in the firm steering of the state through unprecedented crises.

There were the bushfires that ravaged 5.5 million hectares over a long and weary summer.

Display incompetence by horribly mismanaging a environmental disaster? Impeccable, apparently. Way to hold our politicians to account, ABC.

Lmao just read the ABC's article on this. If you ever wanted evidence that the ABC isn't some "lefty rag", here it is:

Display incompetence by horribly mismanaging a environmental disaster? Impeccable, apparently. Way to hold our politicians to account, ABC.
They are talking about her competence as a political operator, rather than making a value judgement about the quality of her government’s policy.

They'll just replace her with Perrotet.
He's already served his 2 weeks on the sidelines for corruption.
Murdoch would approve.
Tight with 2gb too........

Now i WANT her to stay , i liked Barry too.

Stench

Man, this is huge.

Bladders has a reputation as being squeaky-clean. Although there is no allegation of any wrongdoing, for the goddamn premier of a state to have been in a personal relationship with someone under investigation for serious corruption, and not disclose it to anyone... Wow.

ICAC knew. Weird thing is she didnt release the details last week in advance of her appearance to control the info.

Unless she was gagged by ICAC.

They are talking about her competence as a political operator, rather than making a value judgement about the quality of her government’s policy.

Alright, best case scenario then is that we know her party and now Gladys herself are incompetent.

SO:

* Daz is doing the nasty with Glaz. (Try not to visualise it... TOO LATE!)
* China woos Daz...
* ... over a business not even in Daz's electorate...
* ... which Glaz just said she never heard of.
* Actual MP Jealous she didn't get the China trip.

Last edited:
The issue as I see it at this point is that Berejikilan needed to disclose her "personal relationship". I don't care how private she is. There has to be complete transparency with any potential conflict of interest - real or perceived.

This is no better than politicians who don't declare their investments, except that you may believe someone 'forgot ' to declare some small investment. But outside famous rock stars no-ones forgets who they are sleeping with.

She pretty much mislead the public through omission and for that reason alone she needs to go.

I remember Bill Clinton finding it very difficult to admit he had sex with Monica Lewinsky. There's some things people would rather hang for than admit publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back