Roast Glen Jakovich

Remove this Banner Ad

The Poower is paying Choko 400 grand next year. That is his basic salary without any incentives. Choko was on 800 grand per annum before the current board slashed his pay by half.
He almost certainly did not jump

Are Wally May, Ian Day and Ian Aitken still drawing breath? Can we get them out of their wheelchairs or zimmer frames to make a comeback?

"Tippett leaps like a startled gazelle" exclaimed Aitken " Comment Wally May!" :) I'm probably the only person on this board old enough to remember them...sigh!

Wally May "If you can't kick , you can't play. And if you can't play , give the game away!"

Are Wally May, Ian Day and Ian Aitken still drawing breath? Can we get them out of their wheelchairs or zimmer frames to make a comeback?

"Tippett leaps like a startled gazelle" exclaimed Aitken " Comment Wally May!" :) I'm probably the only person on this board old enough to remember them...sigh!

Ian "Ball Tearer" Day!

Always remember that comment but forgotten what game, possibly SOOrigin.

Ahhhhhh thems were the days (no pun intended)

Did any of you guys hear on 6PR about Jako wanting a "Boz Steak", also known as an 8oz Steak in Ireland!

Karl and Brad were pi$$ing themselves! Like how he was gonna sue Barra if he took the pi$$ out of him consecutive times. He is always good for a bit of humour Jako :)

Did any of you guys hear on 6PR about Jako wanting a "Boz Steak", also known as an 8oz Steak in Ireland!

Karl and Brad were pi$$ing themselves! Like how he was gonna sue Barra if he took the pi$$ out of him consecutive times. He is always good for a bit of humour Jako :)

I heard that, which is funny after he threatened Barra with legal action for making him the butt of jokes which means Langdon has taken up the slack for him.

BTW: you do realise this is the Adelaide board and most of the people here wouldn't be listening to a Perth AM station :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what would jako want with an 8 oz steak that's about 225gms.

doubt that story is true, unless he wanted it as a toothpick.

I was just getting a bit of a footy fix watching the round 22 game against the Saints.

Jacko was commentating and delivered a few lines of sterling of commentary. It went a little something like this:

Walker receives a free kick in the Tony hall pocket.

Jacko:'Er um, -splutter-, yeah this is where the ahh key forward needs to back himself in here, der, umm, he just needs to kick this...'

Walker has a typically laconic shot at goal, the ball comes off the side of his boot and sprays into the crowd, out of bounds on the full.

Jacko: 'Well, (hissing intake of breath) he just had to put it to the top of the square in that situation. No need to um -splutter- err -choke- umm -snort- I mean there's no use kicking for goal when you can't kick it... should have put it in a um ahh dangerous position rather than just...(trails off)'

So he contradicts himself within 15 seconds.

I also remember his petulant tantrums in the West Coast game that inspired this thread. He didn't even know that you have to keep your eyes on the ball during a marking contest!

It's funny cos he has the same name as an old champion centre half back, but they surely can't be the same guy, right?

FYI - some of the best steak I've eaten is Alberta beef.
If you ever get the chance, indulge yourself.

(Having said that Sosta's on Rundle we be about the best steak value I've ever had - sure gaucho's might be marginally better but you pay so much more. The chimmichurri (sp??) sauce they mariante the steaks in at Sosta's is simply outstanding)

Jako has been demoted down to boundary rider in the fox sports team this year with our very own Roo in the box upstairs.

Good decision, IMO. I don't mind the boundary riders being biased as most them are local but as a "special comments" man, only ever offering insight and opinions (albeit in the form of barracking) on one team (i.e. whichever WA team is playing) while virtually ignoring the other is unprofessional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back