Roast Glen Jakovich

Remove this Banner Ad

SCD Reborn

Rookie
Jul 31, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Glen Jakovich was an absolute disgrace in his commentry yesterday and his biased garbage towards West Coast seems to be getting worse every week...

The best comment had to be with about 6 minutes to go... "The umpires are inventing things out there"

It's a pretty good indication of the quality of his commentary when the the other commentators are telling him he's not playing for West Coast anymore.

I have provided my feedback on his "professionalism" via the email link...
feedback@foxsports.com.au

All Crows and non WA football fans should unite and get him off the air!

Can this board possibility go one week without whinging about something inconsequential?

If it’s not the umpires, it’s the commentators, or the coach, or FFS Tony Armstrong not hitting a target (or some crap like that) but FFS we had our first away win for the season, against a side we have traditionally struggled against and yet we find something else to whinge about.

They are doing a job and much too some people chagrin, they cannot talk about the Adelaide Crows 100% of the time. Some people just listen for all the negative things and seriously only hear what they want to hear.

Bias – of course he has a bias towards the Wet Toast but he wasn’t as bad as your making out.

End rant.

Can this board possibility go one week without whinging about something inconsequential?

If it’s not the umpires, it’s the commentators, or the coach, or FFS Tony Armstrong not hitting a target (or some crap like that) but FFS we had our first away win for the season, against a side we have traditionally struggled against and yet we find something else to whinge about.

They are doing a job and much too some people chagrin, they cannot talk about the Adelaide Crows 100% of the time. Some people just listen for all the negative things and seriously only hear what they want to hear.

Bias – of course he has a bias towards the Wet Toast but he wasn’t as bad as your making out.

End rant.

ahmen :thumbsu:

easy fix - turn down the sound :D

Biased commentary is the direct result of lazy networks allocating ex players of one of the teams involved to expert commentate. Chris Mcdermott, Steven rowe have been accused by interstate supporters of extreme biase to the crows and well chris ditmaar and josh francou have shown there true allegence every week in their expert commentary. Matthew Lloyd is another one who being fresh out of the game has alot to answer for for biased comments in favour of essendon.

Lets be honest though the networks will favour the state where the majority falls. In the crows west coast game obviously Western Australia has the bigger market and hence the commentary was always going to be of a home ground nature. Same as when the crows play minority victorian, brisbane or sydney teams at home. always favours the home ground.

Its just the nature of the telecast and who they are trying to market the product too.

IMO it's just unprofessional if the broadcast is for a national audience. 5AA is for SA and so is biased in that way. Fox is national and should be produced as such.

This is never going to change so it's a matter of sucking it up and enjoying the win. I actually found it amusing when Jako would make a biased comment and would be called out on it by the other commentators. Particularly as they were such stupid calls in the first place.

End rant.
Maybe others are like me and sick and tired of the constant bashing we get in the media and mostly from our own state.Sundays version of the powertiser is a example of that.

I am going to make the effort and go next door each day to read my neighbours powertiser cause I want to see just what coverage rooch gives the power situation cause if the currant situation was reveresed it would be saturation to the point of drowning

Comming on here having a whinge is the only way some of us can get it out of our system

We have been subjected to a long line of horrific Western Australian commentators over the years. They remind me of New Zealand cricket commentators in their bias and chips on the shoulder.

Glendinning was deplorable. Wilson a biased w***er. Langdon :rolleyes:. Drew Banfield almost strung together a sentence once in his (thankfully brief) spell as boundary rider. Almost. And now Jakovich is carrying on the trend.

Surely - surely - the state of WA can come up with someone better than these spanners.

We have been subjected to a long line of horrific Western Australian commentators over the years. They remind me of New Zealand cricket commentators in their bias and chips on the shoulder.

Glendinning was deplorable. Wilson a biased w***er. Langdon :rolleyes:. Drew Banfield almost strung together a sentence once in his (thankfully brief) spell as boundary rider. Almost. And now Jakovich is carrying on the trend.

Surely - surely - the state of WA can come up with someone better than these spanners.

errrr Dennis Cometti??

The examples you gave though are correct in that they were/are all rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the problem is is that altho' the TV rights generate big biccies, its not a bottomless pit of money. They save money by having some local callers or having them call zones.

We get Jaka a lot because he calls Adelaide games and Perth games obviously. He rarely goes up to commentate QLD games or over for games at the MCG. Matt Campbell and Dwayne Russell are known to SA'ans so come here. Casey was another we often got.

Lynch calls in Qld etc.

Surely people are not surprised that a WCE legend shows some bias in his call. Lynch does the same thing, so too does Lloyd. So too did Knuckles who often said 'we' when he commentated as a boundary rider. Cornes was another.

Listen to Flogermain when he calls Hawks games.

What do expect from fox. Ever since they started broadcasting AFL matches the television coverage standards have dropped. The only quality commentator they ever had and will was the late Clinton Grybas.
After the free against Kennedy he wouldn't shut the fudge up about it. It seemed like every couple of minutes he would try and argue with Liam Pickering about umpiring decisions against West Coast.
He should be forced to be a special comments man in non WA team matches.

Just shows these guys have passion and old club loyalties but please not during commentary, if I want to hear that carry on I'll go sit with the opposition cheer squad.

Jacko frustrates the hell out of Pickers and it would be funny except I would rather they concentrate on the live play and forget about some incident that happened 10 minutes ago.

Isn't quarters a hawks man?

Yeah, pretty sure he is. I remember the heated debate on Trent Croad's future, between him and Dunstall, where Quarterbrain ended up with a bucket of fried rice on his head.

Maybe getting him mixed up with Tim Lane? Pretty sure he's a blues man.

Maybe others are like me and sick and tired of the constant bashing we get in the media and mostly from our own state.Sundays version of the powertiser is a example of that.

I am going to make the effort and go next door each day to read my neighbours powertiser cause I want to see just what coverage rooch gives the power situation cause if the currant situation was reveresed it would be saturation to the point of drowning

Ah yes, if the situation was reversed. Was this the case before the Carlton game where there were daily Page 3 wankfests urging Crows fans to get behind their club and to show up and support them from articles from ex players, journalists, supporters...hell...even an ex-BF poster had a large Page 3 article on his love for the Crows. All after youd lost what...3 games? Feel free to show me at all in the last 8 weeks when Port have had anywhere near that kind of positive press.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back