Oppo Camp Go you Woofers - Semi Final 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it would be a great feeling beating the Hawks in the GF but if we lost I can't describe how gutted I'd be to lose to them again and hand them the 4peat and subsequently the greatest team of all. If we won last night easily I might think differently but I don't want a coin flip game against the Hawks in the GF.
That was my thoughts previously however if we win we get revenge for '08, we break even in GF wins against each other and stop their fourpeat, three wins against them in one year twice in finals Kennett will zip his mouth forever, so many positives and frankly I would rather play the Hawks than the Swans since I think we will have a much better chance against them than the Swans. Hawthorn will have two very tough games to play before they get to the GF and on last nights performance we have seen the best of them and beaten them, we can improve they can't. I hate to say it, but I will be hoping the evil Hawks beat the good old Dogs.

I just can't see the doggies getting up, unfortunately. They're too decimated with injury. Just not enough talent on the park.

They have enough there with what they had against WC. Just a question of if they can bring the intensity again and how will they look with Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis throwing there weight around. Will they make them look old or will they be made to look like school boys? I've seen them capable of both this year.

The interesting thing about this match is that the Dogs, like us, are going to be dominant over Hawthorn in contested possessions (they rank 1st, us 2nd, Hawthorn 18th). The difference is that the Dogs are a better uncontested possession side than we are (they are ranked 1st; Hawks 5th; Geelong 6th) so I wouldn't expect them to get beaten up like we did in that area.

The Dogs can win if they win the midfield AND convert their chances in front of goal. If they let Hawthorn off the hook by poor conversion of midfield dominance they will lose. Hawthorn will rope-a-dope them.

Got given a day off for commenting in the Hawthorn headf***ed thread, so if I didn't need anymore reason to hate hawthorn, there it is. GO DOGS

The interesting thing about this match is that the Dogs, like us, are going to be dominant over Hawthorn in contested possessions (they rank 1st, us 2nd, Hawthorn 18th). The difference is that the Dogs are a better uncontested possession side than we are (they are ranked 1st; Hawks 5th; Geelong 6th) so I wouldn't expect them to get beaten up like we did in that area.

The Dogs can win if they win the midfield AND convert their chances in front of goal. If they let Hawthorn off the hook by poor conversion of midfield dominance they will lose. Hawthorn will rope-a-dope them.

Bulldogs need to find some forward options. IF Boyd can stand up and monster Frawley as Hawkins did then they are in with a massive chance. Also need contributions from Stringer and Dickson. Otherwise I'm not sure I can see the Bulldogs kicking enough goals to win this despite them likely to have more than enough midfield dominance to do it.

Got given a day off for commenting in the Hawthorn headf***ed thread, so if I didn't need anymore reason to hate hawthorn, there it is. GO DOGS
Saw that.

Stay outta their house.

GO Catters

Who are they missing? They just got 5 back.

Jong now obviously. Murphy.
I can't think of any others.

It might actually be a bit of a crap game. Those 5 dogs players that came back will be feeling the pinch.
And the Hawks will be battered.
Adams, Wallis and Redpath as well - all in their best 22. Plus the returnees are still less than match-fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers for the support guys, let me return the favour by saying I just don't get how the AFL allow the Giants to play their prelim at Spotless but don't let you guys play at home
Sydney traditionally draws well in Melbourne due to South Melbourne heritage, and Adelaide travels well (just look at the EF last year v your mob), so they will be expecting 75k I think. Fair enough, just sucks

I can tell you from experience that visiting a losing GF side board with any message right after the fat lady ends it will not end well for you.

Go Catters

Dogs will destroy the Dawks - put your house on it.
Too fast, too slick, too hungry with a coach who knows his tricks.
Dawks are finished - were lucky to make top 4.
How is it that the Dogs have gone from a side that was essentially waiting to be put out of their misery to a fast, slick, well-drilled Hawk-beating side in a single game?

Not having a go at you (or anyone in particular), but I find this groundswell of optimism for a side that couldn't beat Fremantle two weeks ago a bit puzzling. They certainly pulled one out of their derriere on Thursday, but Hawthorn probably played their best game for a month against us and just didn't quite get the job done.

Cheers for the support guys, let me return the favour by saying I just don't get how the AFL allow the Giants to play their prelim at Spotless but don't let you guys play at home
I'm ok with it because surely Geelong vs either of Sydney or Adelaide will get over 27,000 people (or whatever our capacity is). We played the WCE in the 2011 Prelim and drew almost 60,000 - you can't lock 30,000 people out of a game like that.

GWS vs Hawthorn (if that is what happens) only drew 13,000 in midyear, so... fair enough.

I can tell you from experience that visiting a losing GF side board with any message right after the fat lady ends it will not end well for you.

Go Catters

God I can't stand people who are bad winners. (as well as those who are sore losers). I used to take a lot of joy in rubbing people's noses in it when their teams lost, like when I was a teenager. People need to grow the **** up srsly, it's just a game.

Anyway, if Geelong were to win the flag I'd be too busy celebrating to go onto their s**t for brains board.

Would have considered it, but I'm still coughing up phlegm and god knows what else.

Will be staying in the warmth of my home and watch it on TV.
Was just thinking what to have for dinner think i will give it a miss now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back