Play Nice Goal Umpire costs Adelaide a shot at finals, how do you stop it from happening again?

Should Adelaide appeal the result vs Sydney (poll reset with new option)

• Go to court if appeals are unsuccessfull

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpire clearly made a mistake, a big mistake but for all those who want to pin him to a cross and crucify him, he has actually been let down by the system. Everyone who umpires or referees in any sport makes mistakes. The AFL is wealthy enough to have a system that should not make this possible. How many times do you see batsmen dismissed in cricket only to be called back because it was a no ball? Its not hard, I feel sorry for this umpire.......remember we need them for a game. It's the AFL who it at fault here.

Not sure if you've heard but they AFL have recently implemented a goal review system, so that the goal umpire can ask the video ump to check a decision if its tight and so they don't look like a fool.

There is no chance of that. In 2019 when Rampe shook the post and a non- decision by the umpire cost Essendon the game (and ultimately affected the order of the final eight) Gil ticked off on it.

Regards

S. Pete
Yes, that’s exactly what the AFL does. With today’s case, they have a decision to make - do they care more about their image or the actual integrity of the sport? Let’s see what decision they make.

It was never near the padding.
Looked like it was on the front on replay.

They kept replaying it again and again after the game to see if it hit it. I just want to see the side on of that part to confirm it was definitely past the goal line as it reached the padding height.

Surely the footage is there if there are side on stills

Last edited:
That’s a still. We need footage so we can see the full journey of the ball pat the goal post.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol yep your dumbass coaches couldn't count to 75 because the AFL are trying to help the Swans.
But the AFL did wait until the ball was in the Swans F50 to make the call. When vision shows the ball wasn’t there when the infringement occurred.

A bit like the Swans bench that couldn’t count to 18.

Just chalk it up to another AFL assisted win for the Swans.

Genuine question that I think will be whitewashed over the goal umpire decision.

Why didn't McAdam have a concussion test? Clear hit to the head, dazed yet not even come off the field for a quick test.
This is also bizarre and I expect a please explain.

His kick for goal afterwards was not good.

That’s a still. We need footage so we can see the full journey of the ball pat the goal post.
Some one needs to go to specsavers. That still alone is pretty conclusive. The ball is clear of the post and nearly 100% across the goal line.

Pull your heads in Sydney supporters. You had no right to win this game.

An absolute gift that the AFL will hopefully correct on Monday.
Can the AFL even reverse the decision? I think they'll just say the goal umpire made a mistake and crows should have been awarded a goal, but do nothing about it

One could reasonably argue that if the Crows didn't throw away massive game winning leads several times this season (like at home a couple of weeks against GWS) they wouldn't be in this pickle.

And no, the AFL isn't going to cave into fan nuffie pressure and overturn the result.

Back