How many wins do you expect (hope) from your team in the first 4 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane (Gabba)
Richmond (MCG)
North Melbourne (Marvel)
Fremantle (Adelaide Oval)

Expecting a loss to start the season, but there's absolutely no reason why we can't follow that up with 3 wins on the trot, even without our most important player.

Hoping for a 3-1 start. Anything worse than 2-2 would be very disappointing.

St Kilda at home first up we should win.

Adelaide away probably a loss. Gotta hope the young Crows take a bit to get going.

Hawthorn at the G our forward line will be a challenge for them, so we'll be favourites. Not a certainty though.

Bulldogs in Adelaide I'd be disappointed with a loss but it'll be close to a 50/50. We tend to do well against them and no I'm not counting the dead rubber last year where we put half the side out for surgery.

3-1 or 2-2 seem most likely.

We have a tough start to the year.
2 wins from 4 would be a great result.
However 0-4 is a possibility.

I have Freo at home circled as our best chance of an early win.

GWS (Giants Stadium)
Freo (Marvel)
Carlton (Marvel)
Brisbane (Norwood Oval)

None

With those juicy Sportsbet odds on WC's first win, nothing before Bombers in round 8 @ 15:1 will do.

But ideally we get a 1st win in rd 21 at home against GC at 251:1, get the one win necessary to hand the roos the spoon and here I come Niseko for late January!

Sweet as:

1709288383599.png

NORTH MELBOURNE

Rnd1: GWS v North (Giants Stadium SYD) - Loss
Rnd2: North v Freo (Marvel Stadium, MEL) - Win
Rnd3: North v Carlton (Good Friday, Marvel Stadium, MEL) Likely loss, but an upset win wouldn't shock me
Rnd4: Brisbane v North (Gather Round, Norwood Oval, ADL) Loss

In all likelihood, we probably start 1-3.
0-4 is an outside chance but I really feel we should beat Freo in Melbourne if we're improved in 2024.
Tough games against Carlton and Brisbane, but the circumstances of each game (Good Friday + Gather Round) give us a fighting chance.

Tough games against Carlton and Brisbane, but the circumstances of each game (Good Friday + Gather Round) give us a fighting chance.

Why does the 'circumstance' of Good Friday give you more of a chance against Carlton than if you were to play the game on any other day?

Why does the 'circumstance' of Good Friday give you more of a chance against Carlton than if you were to play the game on any other day?
It will be the biggest home crowd we play Infront of all year, and I'm optimistic that (hopefully) coming off a win against Freo the previous week can give us some momentum to be competitive against the Blues in the marquee game.

Let a man dream. Shalom.

(Carlton will be deserved heavy favs)

St Kilda at home first up we should win.

Adelaide away probably a loss. Gotta hope the young Crows take a bit to get going.

Hawthorn at the G our forward line will be a challenge for them, so we'll be favourites. Not a certainty though.

Bulldogs in Adelaide I'd be disappointed with a loss but it'll be close to a 50/50. We tend to do well against them and no I'm not counting the dead rubber last year where we put half the side out for surgery.

3-1 or 2-2 seem most likely.
St Kilda r1 is critical for Geelongs season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes that's a tough opener and in most years, opposition would prefer meeting the premier in the early rounds
And they don't get the benefit of catching teams on an "off" week this season.

Every week now, every single team will be revved up to play the reigning Premiers.

Its hard to win it, it's TWICE as hard to defend it because everyone gets to plan their entire off season directly on their gameplan and "how to beat them/stop them"

That's how we get innovation in game plans over the years.

- Doggies did Super flood in 2000 to defeat the Dons

- Lions with Leigh were one of the most physically dominating teams ever which relied on one on ones to win matchups which has come full circle and is starting to be used in footy again.

- Neil Craig and Paul Roos brought in the go backwards and swing the ball defensively game plan.

- Bomber Thompson's Cats used the "handball to voice" and super attacking pressure which is basically used by every team to this day.

- Mick Malthouse with the wing play and precision kick game plan

- Clarko's "unsociable footy and super press"

- Bevo's numbers to the footy and overwhelming tackle pressure/hack kick gameplan.

- West Coast's Web

- Richmond's "push it forward at all costs" that both Geelong (Shaun Grigg) and Pies (Craig McRae and Leppa) have taken and used.

I'm excited to see what grows out of it and who innovates the game next.

Our injuries have all been in our weakest area on the ground, the midfield. Stings tbh.

We've got Geelong in Geelong, Pies at the MCG, Essendon at Marvel then Richmond in Norwood.

I'm tipping it will be -

Rnd 1 - Saints W
Rnd 2 - Saints W
Rnd 3 - Saints W (++)
Rnd 4 - Saints W

Seriously though, would take 2-2, be filthy with anything less, rather happy with 3-1, unbearable with anything more!

Last edited:
1...if we beat Essendon first up they should fold and relocate to Tonga.
Can't see us getting within 7 goals of Collingwood, Geelong and Melbourne in Rounds 2,3 & 4.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port vs

Eagles (home)
Tigers (away)
Demons (home)
Bombers (home)

Should be 4-0
Probably 3-1
Untenable 2-2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back