How many wins do you expect (hope) from your team in the first 4 games

Remove this Banner Ad

We play three teams who are being talked about as Premiership contenders (GWS, Carlton & Brisbane) in Rounds 1, 3 & 4, I can't see us winning any but I would love an upset, give our Joey's a little confidence early in the season.

In round 2 we play Fremantle at Marvel, it's probably our only realistic chance at 4pts until round 6.

You are way off the mark GE. You need to think more subtle and less obvious.

I did some digging, because I thought this is curious, the AFL have shoehorned in a round before the first round. Turns out the answer is Tom Lynch.

Richmond's gun high performance man Lukey Meehan is well known for his very precise programs timed from months out to get players cherry ripe right on cue. He rang AFL House Footy Operations Department late last year before the fixtures were out to enquire as to when the first round would be, for this very purpose, to get Tom Lynch's program aligned to being available for the first match. He was told emphatically and had it confirmed several times round one would commence at 7.30PM on Thursday 14th March 2024, with the Richmond v Carlton game, and accordingly set Lynch's program.

From there AFL House Geelong puppet Joel Selwood rang smartest man in the room Chris Scott and said I have some interesting news about Richmond if you can work out any way to disadvantage our greatest rival and repeated finals nemesis from it. Scott said leave it with me. He slept on it and called the Geelong supporting fixture guy the next day, and said I have a great fixturing idea you are going to adopt for this year. Don't tell anyone for a while but we need Richmond to play another game before Round 1, but that extra game cannot be part of round one and it cannot be called round 1, can you manage it? The Geelong supporting fixture guy said leave it with me.

That is very obviously how round zero was born GE. :)
The obsession you have with geelong is reaching a need for intensive therapy. We live rent free in your head

The obsession you have with geelong is reaching a need for intensive therapy. We live rent free in your head
I remember when the fixture was released for 2024 and the cookers on Tiggies sub said it was the AFL "conspiring" against them to hold them back from competing.

Would not be surprised at all if the majority there legitimately think there's an inter-competition conspiracy at AFL HQ LOL

I remember when the fixture was released for 2024 and the cookers on Tiggies sub said it was the AFL "conspiring" against them to hold them back from competing.

Would not be surprised at all if the majority there legitimately think there's an inter-competition conspiracy at AFL HQ LOL
I come in to casually check out a thread about posters predictions on the main board and there is good old Meteoric Rise going on a big waffle rant about Joel selwood and Chris Scott.

What has the gfc done to the poor soul

I come in to casually check out a thread about posters predictions on the main board and there is good old Meteoric Rise going on a big waffle rant about Joel selwood and Chris Scott.

What has the gfc done to the poor soul
Yeah imagine winning 3 in 4 years and still worrying about other clubs.
It stinks of insecurities....or like the Poos and Wees, but they get their own special tier of respect/rivalry.

Yeah imagine winning 3 in 4 years and still worrying about other clubs.
It stinks of insecurities....or like the Poos and Wees, but they get their own special tier of respect/rivalry.
I would absolutely love geelong if I was Richmond… we had a decent to good side during their run, nothing too great. Never challenged them too much, but gave them enough that it wasn’t a picnic either…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No GC, just checked my accounts, and Geelong FC definitely paid its rent to reside within the segment of my brain where the fondest of fond memories are stowed. :)

I just checked the last instalment and can confirm said rent was paid precisely 306 years in advance, the length of time you would normally expect to pass to allow every team in an 18 team competition to defeat every other team in an 18 team competition in a Grand Final once each.

1709633744992.png

But wait, what is this? 1967 they paid another 132 years rent in advance. So fully paid up and truly welcome to live in my head for exactly 438 years. Very kind of them as well. :tearsofjoy:

No GC, just checked my accounts, and Geelong FC definitely paid its rent to reside within the segment of my brain where the fondest of fond memories are stowed. :)

I just checked the last instalment and can confirm said rent was paid precisely 306 years in advance, the length of time you would normally expect to pass to allow every team in an 18 team competition to defeat every other team in an 18 team competition in a Grand Final once each.

View attachment 1920395

But wait, what is this? 1967 they paid another 132 years rent in advance. So fully paid up and truly welcome to live in my head for exactly 438 years. Very kind of them as well. :tearsofjoy:
Weirdo post.

View attachment 1920395

Huh? Wasn’t an 18 team comp in 1967.

Sydney have a very difficult opening 4 rounds

Round 0 - Melbourne (SCG)
Round 1 - Collingwood (MCG)
Round 2 - Essendon (SCG)
Round 3 - Richmond (MCG)

I think we will win rounds 2 and 3 but I hope we can win 1 of the first 2 rounds against Melbourne and then Collingwood.

So I am hopeful of 3 wins but it would not surprise me if it was 2 wins.

What is this round 0 I keep seeing, have I missed a new themed round?

A little known but highly respected humble and admirable organisation called the Richmond Tigers Football Club.

Your club also thought it would be a good idea, so you kicked less goals than both Dustin Martin and Jack Riewoldt in the 2019 decider. :)
WTF are you on about? I like the Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back